Keeper Signs | Vital Football

Keeper Signs

SaskPool

Vital Football Legend
Blackpool Football Club is pleased to confirm the signing of Daniel Grimshaw from Manchester City.

The goalkeeper, 23, arrives at Bloomfield Road on a two-year contract, with an option to extend it by a further 12 months.

Involved in the first-team setup during his time at the Etihad Stadium, which included appearances on the bench in the Carabao Cup, the stopper spent last season on loan at Lommel SK in Belgium, playing 10 games in First Division B.

out.stream powered by ADITION

Impressing throughout his time with the under-18s and Elite Development squad at Manchester City, reaching the semi-finals of the UEFA Youth League with the latter, Grimshaw becomes Blackpool’s second arrival to be announced today.

On joining, Daniel Grimshaw said:

“I’m happy and really excited to be here. I’ve worked really hard in my career to get to this point, and I want to progress further here at Blackpool.

“I’m looking forward to working under Neil Critchley and Steve Banks and alongside the goalkeepers that are already here. I can’t wait to get going.”

Neil Critchley said:

“Daniel is another player that I’ve followed the progress of. He’s what I’d class as a modern day goalkeeper and he knows what elite standards are from being around the first-team setup at Manchester City. His recent loan out in Belgium shows his willingness to step out of his comfort zone and he’s now ready for this next step in his career.

“He provides valuable competition in the goalkeeping department and I’m delighted that he’s decided to join us.”

Anyone got an idea if he is a replacement for Fojtqeuxech (spellings probably wrong there) or a challenger for Maxwell? Can't say I follow Citys jr keepers closely.

All I know about him is that he's a sweeper keeper. I'd like someone with more experience to challenge Maxwell.

City - Inter Youth Game from 2018 take a look about 28 seconds in ... A young Phil Foden is in the penalty shoot out