Keep calm | Vital Football

Keep calm

Lee Koo

Vital Youth Team
Poor performance but this was always a tricky game. The demonisation of individuals is uncalled for - we are third due to the efforts of the whole squad. Some players are picked out often as not contributing (I have my own targets) but lets keep things in perspective.

Predicted this loss last week so doesn't come as a surprise. I still had us coming out top when reviewing fixtures last week so not really concerned.

Whilst we didn't play particularly well personally I didn't think we deserved to lose the game. However too many players below bar, one completely anonymous. I felt sorry for Nathan Byrne, the lad was doing the job of two out there. Cook needs to take responsibility for the selection, Massey has done nothing to warrant yet another starting berth.

I'm loathed to blame a referee but he had a big influence in the result. The Portsmouth penalty was a dive but I can understand why he thought otherwise from his position. We should have had one for a blatant handball earlier and pretty certain we'd have gone on to win from that position. It was inexcusable that wasn't given, it was blatant. The Pompey lad should have also seen red for a foul on Morsy just prior to their second yet we don't even get a free kick.

Win v gillingham then change team and lose to southend and blackpool....

Win 3 then change team and lose....

That's as calm as I can manage after a f**k up on team selection.

Callum Elder was a continuity pick but had a shocker defending and going forward. Gavin Massey was not the reason we lost as his anonymity was matched by Crackers (Im a huge fan) and Max Power. Thats 3 players out of a midfield quartet.

Don't talk shite, you might aswell play with ten men than have Massey on the field,he was in a team that was relegated out of the football league,end off.

whittysteam - 2/4/2018 20:08

Don't talk shite, you might aswell play with ten men than have Massey on the field,he was in a team that was relegated out of the football league,end off.

Nice, thanks for that.

Lee Koo - 2/4/2018 20:04

Callum Elder was a continuity pick but had a shocker defending and going forward. Gavin Massey was not the reason we lost as his anonymity was matched by Crackers (Im a huge fan) and Max Power. Thats 3 players out of a midfield quartet.

I'd agree Elder had a poor game and power/Jacobs didn't really excel, however they did contribute and didn't hide. However the same can't be said for Massey, he was invisible and utterly atrocious. Whether we lost because of his ineffectiveness is debatable (personally I think that's on the ref as much as I don't like blaming them for a loss) but he contributed nothing and it was bewildering why he wasn't hooked at half time.

Made in Wigan - 2/4/2018 20:18

Lee Koo - 2/4/2018 20:04

I'd agree Elder had a poor game and power/Jacobs didn't really excel, however they did contribute and didn't hide. However the same can't be said for Massey, he was invisible and utterly atrocious. Whether we lost because of his ineffectiveness is debatable (personally I think that's on the ref as much as I don't like blaming them for a loss) but he contributed nothing and it was bewildering why he wasn't hooked at half time.

Fair points, we arent that far apart in our views.

I'm very calm, as usual. We lost a game of football. We haven't lost so many this season, we'll be fine.
Think I'll retire until all the negatrons have vented their fury. Can't keep up with all the posts flitting from thread to thread right now anyway. It resembles chaos, just because we lost a game of football lol

henski - 2/4/2018 20:39

I'm very calm, as usual. We lost a game of football. We haven't lost so many this season, we'll be fine.
Think I'll retire until all the negatrons have vented their fury. Can't keep up with all the posts flitting from thread to thread right now anyway. It resembles chaos, just because we lost a game of football lol

Has nurse Ratchet shouted lights out mate ?

I think what happened last night in Cardiff demonstrates beautifully the pointlessness of histrionics upon every advent of a dropped point.
It shows you just don't know what is going to happen next in football.
Those that believe there is no chance of our rivals dropping points anywhere are surely going to be wrong.
This is a fantastic title race, it's not very often there is a 3 horse race, I'm loving it and can't wait for it to unfold.