Keep bang up to date with the Referendum results | Vital Football

Keep bang up to date with the Referendum results

ME2blue

Vital Squad Member
This is all you need

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/politics/eu_referendum/results

Currently 52/48 in favour of Remain. :24:

Have money on remain winning by more than 54.5% as well as turnout to be over 71.5%.

Probably won't make up for my wages going down cos of foreigners taking my jerb :80:

Newcastle and Sunderland not good news for Remain unfortunately.

The pound falling compared to the dollar.

Just got home from a 19 hour day involved in the referendum, I feel profoundly saddened by a lot of the things I've seen and heard today.

Flew out of Edinburgh at 6 am Thursday morning. Taxi driver said, you're getting out just in time. I said, yup, big day, referendum and all that. He said no, the Royal Highland Show starts today!

Clearly London will swing it for remain, but just about every other county in England and Wales are leavers.

Once again the older generation have screwed it for the youngsters. Being a care worker for the elderly, I've heard so much crap in the last few weeks, the way some people talk about anyone that isn't white is shocking.

I think there's scary times ahead.

Rant over

Many of the youngsters I know have voted leave. My stepdaughter has said those of her friends voting remain are doing so because they have bought the remain scaremongering.

The 70% 30% swing to remain seems not to be the case.

My daughters and their friends voted remain, which is why I did in the end. It's their future we're playing with. Too many people based their vote on immigration.

Teg64 - 24/6/2016 05:44

Once again the older generation have screwed it for the youngsters.

I think there's scary times ahead.

Rant over

It swings both ways.... there are some older people who voted for Leave for the maybe the wrong reasons, but at the same time, they have the advantage and experience of life - something the barely 18 year olds don't have. Some of the "just about old enough to vote" people would have voted on ideological dreams rather than having a true understanding of the consequence of a stay vote. Basically no one age group was any more ignorant than the others in their decision.

And the old might have "screwed it up", but not all of them will be expecting to die in the next few years and will live through the high and lows of the coming years. For the older generations, they maybe are less flexible in their ability to react so will feel any pain worse.

And you are right, there are scary times ahead (and uncertainty) but that will be in the short term on the grand scheme of things. For some of us, the long term prospect of staying in is even scarier.

48% - 52% Out.

The lack of control would have increased over the coming years, as foreign politically minded individuals usurp their powers to change the EU to suit their own needs. We can't be a member of the EU, then ignore everything they deem to want to change.

The pound has immediately taken a tumble, as this result was not expected by the City, so will take a few days or so to pick back up once things have become more considered.

Cameroon intends to stay on for a while, whilst a new PM can begin the exit process.

Cameron will try to hang on and will probably go within 12 months citing the fact that he has previously stated his desire to stand down. The key comes down to who he decides who negotiates for the UK. It has to be someone who was on the Brexit side. If he decides is the man to lead negotiations then we are royally screwed.

The depressing level of ignorance, hate and right-wing fuckery I encountered yesterday was appalling. People in their 40s, 50s, 60s, never voted before, never will again but hate the fact their neighbour is foreign. This result is based heavily on hate and intolerance and anyone that voted along those lines is a rotten human being.