KD - Off Back Home | Vital Football

KD - Off Back Home

SeasideEssexXile

Vital Football Legend
As much as I am pleased that he gets to go "home", I 'd rather he had stayed here and rested and relaxed in preparation for our next set of matches.

Kenny Dougall is relishing the opportunity of representing Australia on home soil during the international break.
The midfielder, who has flown out to Sydney to link up with his compatriots, is part of a 24-man squad that will face Saudi Arabia in a World Cup Qualifier on Thursday.
The match will be the first to be held in the country for two years, with all recent matches played on the road due to the Covid pandemic.
“It’s been a long time. It’s two years now since we’ve had a home game. I’ve never been in Australia with the national team, so it would be nice to play in front of the Aussie fans,” Dougall said.
Delighted to receive another call-up, the 28-year-old hopes to get some valuable minutes on the field for the Socceroos and build on his three caps to date.
“It’s a great achievement for myself to the get in the national team again. We get to fly off to all parts of the world, which is great.
“I know some players will have the time off, but I’m happy to represent my country and hopefully I can get on the pitch this time and show what I can do. It’s always an honour playing for your national side.
“The ultimate goal for us is to make the World Cup, and that’s what we’re going to try and do.”

Having flown to and from New Zealand with a short break and connection in the UAE I know how long and knackering that journey is. Takes a couple of days to properly recover. Might be better if the football authorities pay business class, but sill a stretch to be fully right for Swansea