Kazaiah Sterling | Vital Football

Kazaiah Sterling

Real Deal

Alert Team
Looks like Pochlikes this kid....

The Argentinian boss has insisted that rising star Sterling will be at the north London club next season and can improve by training with the senior players.

“I prefer to have our young players here and offer them the chance to be first-team players than send them out on loan,” Pochettino said, as quoted by the Evening Standard. “One example is Kazaiah Sterling.

“Next season he will be here and it means every day there is a young striker training with Harry Kane. There is no better teacher to learn from.”

Pochettino is keen for youngster Sterling to learn from his senior crop and he will get the opportunity to pick the brain of Harry Kane.

Kane, 23, is regarded as one of the best strikers in the Premier League and has 24 goals in just 28 appearances this season.

The England international is a product of Spurs’ academy and benefited from a number of loan spells as a youngster before making his first-team breakthrough.

However, Pochettino is keen to keep his young players at the club and integrate them with the senior squad.

Harry Winks has made a seamless transition into the first-team picture this season, while the likes of Marcus Edwards and Josh Onomah have been pushing for a breakthrough.

Sterling appears to be the next player that could make the step up and there could be an opportunity for him to seize a spot in the Spurs squad, where they are currently short of forward options.

I don't know much about him, anyone seen the lad play?

I wonder if the timing of this means we will see him on the bench today?

Might as well start bringing him through if he rates him. Janssen won't be here next season so pointless using him now.

I watched him last year against the chavs in the FAYC, came on in the second half & scored within minutes, had a chance to score another but didn't quite have the skill. Maybe Poch has seen something improve that he can work on.

Highly rated and kept back from loan so Poch must rate him. Another excuse not to shell out big on a striker......we will develop our own !!!!

Real Deal - 12/3/2017 09:53

Might as well start bringing him through if he rates him. Janssen won't be here next season so pointless using him now.

Agree, it's a fairly big game today as well - see what he is made of.

It's too be expected, can't keep players like Janssen out the hands of Barca for long

He's been training with the first team squad for 2 weeks. Not sure the timing is significant to FA Cup, more so that he's been doing well for the youth team (hat trick a couple weeks ago iirc) so has got the nod to join the senior training.

That said I'd be pleased to see him come off the bench today - especially as we have 4 subs from this round onwards

I would much prefer to see him go out on loan at the start of next season, probably league 1, somewhere where he is going to get playing time and learn, I think he's got a long way to go before we get excited about him and for me he's still yet to develop into his frame at and at the moment that makes him look pretty ungainly at times.