Kay Burley | Page 10 | Vital Football

Kay Burley

You don't know what the last paragraph is about? How convenient !

It is about the fact this administration tell lies all the time, not odd ones or ones in the public interest but lies about their personal lives as well as government business, rewarding donors and supporters with multi million pound contracts, non-dom status, investments and making money in despicable regimes, the whole party gate affair to name a few, all proven lies or deliberately misleading the country and you don't seem to have a problem with that, your only comeback is about a previously investigated incident in Durham and unproven shit that supposedly was said on the HOC terrace.

And yet another of your own false information or LIES, the vast majority of MPs DID NOT fall foul of the LAW over meeting in public places during the covid pandemic.

Totally agree with your 1st main paragraph but I will vack MiW in his view that both sides are on similar tracks in that they lie, cheat, manipulate & back scratch each other....it's endemic in the HoC.
I've no doubt when some MP's first started out in politics they had all these great ideas on how best to serve their constituents & attempt to do what they were elected to in representing their area, however on entering the 'jolly hockey sticks boys club' more commonly known as the HoC they'd be brow beaten into becoming like the rest of the hoards where reality & common sense go out the window, whilst greed & looking after ones self, their family & cohorts becomes the new norm. Guy Fawkes was definitely right...

Guess I am wrong as always but mps are in it for one thing themselves
First in the trough greedy twats
a d forget where they come from
Torys Well don't know why to say about those kind caring lovable people who put ordinary working people before their own kind the rich

Given that none of the Tory MPs who supposedly overheard these comments have the balls to make themselves known, who do you suggest she sues? The newspaper I suppose .... costing both time and money, to get what back in return? I sense she concluded she wouldn't waste any more effort on the sleazebags.

How long does it bloody take them to weigh things up and have the relevant conversations? Bloody hell, they soon weighed up stopping the £20 a week Universal Credit increase!!!

Yes sue the paper, if it’s lies, as it’s damaged her reputation even further. She either said it or she didn’t. Your ‘sense’ is clearly wrong. She’s not denied it so given the number of witnesses the journalist says he has, the only logical conclusion is she said it.

As for tax, I know you’re as keen as mustard along with the party with the lust for tax tax tax. For them this crisis must seem like Christmas. But decisions of this magnitude take time and consideration and a decision won’t be rushed despite, the hysteria from the opposition benches.

You don't know what the last paragraph is about? How convenient !

It is about the fact this administration tell lies all the time, not odd ones or ones in the public interest but lies about their personal lives as well as government business, rewarding donors and supporters with multi million pound contracts, non-dom status, investments and making money in despicable regimes, the whole party gate affair to name a few, all proven lies or deliberately misleading the country and you don't seem to have a problem with that, your only comeback is about a previously investigated incident in Durham and unproven shit that supposedly was said on the HOC terrace.

And yet another of your own false information or LIES, the vast majority of MPs DID NOT fall foul of the LAW over meeting in public places during the covid pandemic.

Just because they haven’t been investigated doesn’t mean they haven’t breached. Stop being so naive. The ‘shit’ about her ginger growler was said by her - the fact she hasn’t denied it should be be indication enough for you.

I was speaking of your comment that the Russian gas would be paid for in weapons to use against Ukraine when you would previously have called JC for being unwilling to sell arms to anyone and destroying the UK defence industry.
JC was and Is against selling weapons as you well know, so you can’t use that argument.

Im sure he’d make an exception for his Russian friends.

Just because they haven’t been investigated doesn’t mean they haven’t breached. Stop being so naive. The ‘shit’ about her ginger growler was said by her - the fact she hasn’t denied it should be be indication enough for you.

Once again you defend the cheats that have been proven to be liars on MULTIPLE occasions by claiming everyone is at it.

Tell us which other MPs in the HOC have found to be spouses of non-doms, or trading in russia after sanctions, perhaps using insider information to dispose of shares before one country invades another, Panama papers showing shady tax avoidance, awarding fictitious multi million government procurement contracts to family relations, donors or even pub landlords with no history of trading in the area they awarded the contracts for.

In every post you have made on this whole thread, and there have been many, you have not once condemned the leadership of the tory party for their acts of gross duplicity bordering on corruption. Why is that?

Last edited:
Once again you defend the cheats that have been proven to be liars on MULTIPLE occasions by claiming everyone is at it.

Tell us which other MPs in the HOC have found to be spouses of non-doms, or trading in russia after sanctions, perhaps using insider information to dispose of shares before one country invades another, Panama papers showing shady tax avoidance, awarding fictitious multi million government procurement contracts to family relations, donors or even pub landlords with no history of trading in the area they awarded the contracts for.

In every post you have made on this whole thread, and there have been many, you have not once condemned the leadership of the tory party for their acts of gross duplicity bordering on corruption. Why is that?

Unlike yourself I am able to recognise that both sides are as bad as each other. Take off the blinkers and you’ll realise that Labours shit stinks just as much as the Conservatives.

Unlike yourself I am able to recognise that both sides are as bad as each other. Take off the blinkers and you’ll realise that Labours shit stinks just as much as the Conservatives.

But they aren’t, I ask you again name and shame these Labour, or for that matter ANY opposition bench MPs that have lied and cheated give us a few examples.

Your defence mechanism once again resorts to tarring everyone with that "everyone is at" it brush, again do you think it is OK to break laws, cheat, lie and reward friends, family and party donors with public money via lucrative contracts.

But sadly MiW u come across as defending the Conservative party....if u are indeed able to 'recognise' that both sides are as bad as each other, then at least give 2 sides to ur so called balanced views.
IMO your either just baiting posters or looking to further the argument & continue the debate / argument.
FFS we are all feeling the fallout from decisions made by this government whom u defend quite strongly ...be it energy prices, food prices or cost of living prices, it affects us ALL regardless of political party we may have voted for...we ALL as working class folk should be fighting together to make a change, press those in power to make fundamental changes to help & assist those people who are trying there dammed hardest to make life a bit more bearable / affordable by contributing to society with their efforts and or commitment...sadly those same said people are disregarded by main stream political parties....Tory / Labour/ Liberal / SNP to name but a few...

Yes sue the paper, if it’s lies, as it’s damaged her reputation even further. She either said it or she didn’t. Your ‘sense’ is clearly wrong. She’s not denied it so given the number of witnesses the journalist says he has, the only logical conclusion is she said it.

As for tax, I know you’re as keen as mustard along with the party with the lust for tax tax tax. For them this crisis must seem like Christmas. But decisions of this magnitude take time and consideration and a decision won’t be rushed despite, the hysteria from the opposition benches.
Appeaser

But sadly MiW u come across as defending the Conservative party....if u are indeed able to 'recognise' that both sides are as bad as each other, then at least give 2 sides to ur so called balanced views.
IMO your either just baiting posters or looking to further the argument & continue the debate / argument.
FFS we are all feeling the fallout from decisions made by this government whom u defend quite strongly ...be it energy prices, food prices or cost of living prices, it affects us ALL regardless of political party we may have voted for...we ALL as working class folk should be fighting together to make a change, press those in power to make fundamental changes to help & assist those people who are trying there dammed hardest to make life a bit more bearable / affordable by contributing to society with their efforts and or commitment...sadly those same said people are disregarded by main stream political parties....Tory / Labour/ Liberal / SNP to name but a few...
Jock, wrong again.
MiW knows he is better than us

It's not like this downturn in the economic spiral wasn't expected. Putin's facists have been threatening the rest of Europe for years and control vast amounts of the power we need. Greed too by the oil companies is playing it's part and the other major factor that tends to get forgotten as politics gets bounded back and forward is the effects of the pandemic. When the government were spending money on furloughs and grants left right and centre plus the health service costs at some time we were all going to have to pay it back.
How about a tax on the ones who were furloughed to help fund single earning low paid families as a start to help out the poorest in society.

Well this is yet another thread that has been taken over by the usual two camps to vent insults and political dogma as they seem to do on almost every thread!Is it any surprise this board has shrank and continues to do so! I've also had enough of the groundhog Day on here!Goodbye gents and enjoy increasingly polarised board!!

Well this is yet another thread that has been taken over by the usual two camps to vent insults and political dogma as they seem to do on almost every thread!Is it any surprise this board has shrank and continues to do so! I've also had enough of the groundhog Day on here!Goodbye gents and enjoy increasingly polarised board!!

This was a thread about Kay Burley, nothing to do with football, it was about Burley being political reporting on the problems a town like Wigan has experienced during the post pandemic economic crisis, why should it not be a poliical debate between people with strong opinions, it has not been taken over by anyone.

Irrispective of that what do suggest we debate/talk about, football has finished for the season, the transfer window isn't open yet, no fixtures are out until later this month, we do not even know the make-up of the league yet until this coming weekend, there is very little to discuss, perhaps if you made a contribution more regularly, start a thread once in a while we could avoid this sort of thread but you would rather just moan about others expressing their opinions.

As I said to someone else recently, this is not an airport there is no need to announce your departure.

Is that the measure of truth? ... deny it, or it's true? We're not talking about farts, while at junior school.

Hahaha ... talk about wanting it both ways. How does this work? ... you do it, bad, I do it, good! :LOL:

A U-turn's a U-turn ... and we've seen so many of them, we should know one by now.

Firstly, you know nothing about my taxation preferences, but let's play along ... let's assume that Johnson and Sunak

It wasn't opened as a political thread at all if you read my original post,it was intended to show the bias she has for Rugby league against the Latics and was quickly hijacked by the usual armchair wannabe Boris and Sir Kier,s!
For god's sake we all know the the political views of the usual suspects on here and it would be nice that just one thread could be free of it!

It's not like this downturn in the economic spiral wasn't expected. Putin's facists have been threatening the rest of Europe for years and control vast amounts of the power we need. Greed too by the oil companies is playing it's part and the other major factor that tends to get forgotten as politics gets bounded back and forward is the effects of the pandemic. When the government were spending money on furloughs and grants left right and centre plus the health service costs at some time we were all going to have to pay it back.
How about a tax on the ones who were furloughed to help fund single earning low paid families as a start to help out the poorest in society.

If you're looking for causes of the current inflationary spike (the one that last Autumn, Johnson denied was on the horizon) I think you may have missed a major one ... here's a clue ... it begins with B.
;)

It wasn't opened as a political thread at all if you read my original post,it was intended to show the bias she has for Rugby league against the Latics and was quickly hijacked by the usual armchair wannabe Boris and Sir Kier,s!
For god's sake we all know the the political views of the usual suspects on here and it would be nice that just one thread could be free of it!

Fair comment Exiled, but I'm not sure how much mileage there is in that topic ... yes, she's biased ... everyone agrees ... no more posts.

Threads develop. :shrug: