Kay Burley | Page 27 | Vital Football

Kay Burley

This is boring now think it’s run it’s time. Take it off topic now

Don't think this thread will be put in 'off topic' any time soon, far far too many posts to be posted defending the lying bastard Johnson, far too many posts to be posted telling us he's not really lying, far too many posts to be posted telling us it was ok for them to party while we obeyed their rules and far far to much bullshit still to come in defending the undefendable....
I mean Johnson could be caught red handed stealing & he'd have us believe his advisors advised him that it wasn't actually stealing it was just a change of ownership!! He could get caught red handed cheating on his mrs & he'd have us believe he wasn't actually cheating just a chance meeting and advisors would concoct some bullshit in his defence......
Best of all some on here and some Joe public would swallow this bullshit.....
So OTBAW I'm afraid this thread will rumble on

Don't think this thread will be put in 'off topic' any time soon, far far too many posts to be posted defending the lying bastard Johnson, far too many posts to be posted telling us he's not really lying, far too many posts to be posted telling us it was ok for them to party while we obeyed their rules and far far to much bullshit still to come in defending the undefendable....
I mean Johnson could be caught red handed stealing & he'd have us believe his advisors advised him that it wasn't actually stealing it was just a change of ownership!! He could get caught red handed cheating on his mrs & he'd have us believe he wasn't actually cheating just a chance meeting and advisors would concoct some bullshit in his defence......
Best of all some on here and some Joe public would swallow this bullshit.....
So OTBAW I'm afraid this thread will rumble on
I like Boris and he will,once again get my vote.

I’ll await LMB enlightening me with evidence of Johnson partying in Number Ten the night before the Royal funeral and of him lying to the Queen and the Court before making my mind up.

What exactly are you hoping to find on a thread entitled "Kay Burley" ? 🤔

Numerous references to a smug, self satisfied little bugger who is happy to perpetuate the myth that all Wiganers are obsessed with Rugby League or are flat cap caricatures gazing with wonder on the ‘World Pie Eating Championships’…(I may have missed any visits to Santus’s ”Uncle Joe’s“ factory or references to 17 billion tins of baked beans or whatever )

Probably

I put this over on OT, ... but then I thought that it deserved to be here in this thread, cos it's directly linked to what's been discussed - ie. whether or not the PM:
a) has lied, and
b) can be trusted not to lie in future.

Though it seems there's insufficient evidence on a) for some, it seems that the answer to b) must be a resounding "FUCK NO!" given his actions to dilute the potential implications of doing so in future.

This is the stuff of dictators ... well, the dic part at least.

Not read the article, the Twitter post told me the agenda taken in it and I doubt it contains any balance so I’ll reserve judgement until the full details and facts are known.

In summary, from that tweet, left wing activist masquerading as a political editor for left wing newspaper, fuels more Twitter hysteria. She failed to bring him down over brexit, wallpaper, coronavirus, parties, and probably other things I’ve forgotten about, despite posting exclusives on many. She looked close to tears in Wednesdays press conference, but I’ll give her this, she is nothing but persistent, and nothing like impartial.

Not read the article, the Twitter post told me the agenda taken in it and I doubt it contains any balance so I’ll reserve judgement until the full details and facts are known.

I have to say, I'm slightly disappointed in you there MiW. To avoid such dismissive statements, I nearly always post news reports from the Times/Telegraph/Mail or Express, simply so as not to get accused of posting from "left wing rags". Pippa Crerar (along with Paul Brand of ITV) has been the main journalist who's broken most of the partygate stuff. Her credibility is without question.

In this instance, I really didn't think the source of the story was an issue, but just to please you, here's the same story in the Mail.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...de-say-rule-breaking-ministers-say-sorry.html

In summary, from that tweet, left wing activist masquerading as a political editor for left wing newspaper, fuels more Twitter hysteria. She failed to bring him down over brexit, wallpaper, coronavirus, parties, and probably other things I’ve forgotten about, despite posting exclusives on many. She looked close to tears in Wednesdays press conference, but I’ll give her this, she is nothing but persistent, and nothing like impartial.

"Impartial"? Are you suggesting that those from all those other papers I mentioned are impartial? A political journalist is supposed to hold people to account ... it just so happens that the government will for obvious reasons receive more challenge than the opposition.

You really can't have things both ways. Read the story in the Mail, and then believe what a power crazed, entitled coward we have in No 10.

I have to say, I'm slightly disappointed in you there MiW. To avoid such dismissive statements, I nearly always post news reports from the Times/Telegraph/Mail or Express, simply so as not to get accused of posting from "left wing rags". Pippa Crerar (along with Paul Brand of ITV) has been the main journalist who's broken most of the partygate stuff. Her credibility is without question.

In this instance, I really didn't think the source of the story was an issue, but just to please you, here's the same story in the Mail.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...de-say-rule-breaking-ministers-say-sorry.html

"Impartial"? Are you suggesting that those from all those other papers I mentioned are impartial? A political journalist is supposed to hold people to account ... it just so happens that the government will for obvious reasons receive more challenge than the opposition.

You really can't have things both ways. Read the story in the Mail, and then believe what a power crazed, entitled coward we have in No 10.

So effectively he’s increased the range of options to ‘punish’ those who have been found to have breached the code. And this is bad why? If something is minor it means there is more proportionality in the available punishments - just like any court has, or any workplace has for that matter.

The independent advisor on ministerial standards responsible for investigating now has the ability to launch investigations without being granted authority to do so. Again, surely this is a positive step. Of course there is a public interest safeguard which given the nature of government business is clearly required.

The code is clear - if any minister is found to have lied to Parliament, they are expected to resign.

As with anything related to anything the PM does, the left wing response nears total hysteria and lacks any proportionality. Once again, much a do about nothing.

So effectively he’s increased the range of options to ‘punish’ those who have been found to have breached the code. And this is bad why? If something is minor it means there is more proportionality in the available punishments - just like any court has, or any workplace has for that matter.

The independent advisor on ministerial standards responsible for investigating now has the ability to launch investigations without being granted authority to do so. Again, surely this is a positive step. Of course there is a public interest safeguard which given the nature of government business is clearly required.

The code is clear - if any minister is found to have lied to Parliament, they are expected to resign.

As with anything related to anything the PM does, the left wing response nears total hysteria and lacks any proportionality. Once again, much a do about nothing.

I have to admire the way you refuse to see any trouble with the PM now being in the position of:
- deciding what can be investigated
- deciding whether or not to accept the verdict, and now
- deciding on the sentence.

Changing the rules whilst under investigation (for breaking those rules) is certainly a bullish (or should that be Bullingdonish?) move.

I have to admire the way you refuse to see any trouble with the PM now being in the position of:
- deciding what can be investigated
- deciding whether or not to accept the verdict, and now
- deciding on the sentence.

Changing the rules whilst under investigation (for breaking those rules) is certainly a bullish (or should that be Bullingdonish?) move.

No, I don’t necessarily see an issue with the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom being consulted on before any investigation or deciding on the ‘sentence’ of a minister under his/her command following liaison with the commissioner. There are checks in place such as the requirement to make public reasons for no investigation, but ultimately it is right for the PM to be the ultimate decision maker, as he was before the amendments.

The overeaction by the left is typical as they seek to emancipate and neuter the authority of the UK government and PM. They seem to forget they are democratically elected and as such, like it or not they are in power. If they aren’t happy then perhaps they should find policies that resonate with the electorate and try winning a general election. For me they do nothing but moan and rarely have anything positive to say about the country. To be persistently miserable and negative cannot be healthy for them.

Judge and jury? ... I think not MiW.

By the way, did you really mean to include the word "emancipation"? Are you sure? .... and you see emancipation as a bad thing? Best leave it.

This country is now being run by a tinpot dictator in all but name, just when you think Johnson can't sink any lower he manages to do just that.
A wise man once said, there are four things you don't want to be under a Tory government:-
Old.
Young.
Unemployed.
Sick.

And just one thing you don’t want to be under a Labour government:
Alive.