Karanka's exit conversations | Vital Football

Karanka's exit conversations

Pope John XXIII

Vital Football Legend
So, now Karanka has individual conversations with players where he tells them whether he wants them or whether they can do one.

Below is my personal opinion of who I would seek to get rid of, and I would do most of these conversations with real relish:

Hobbs
Evtimov
Mancienne
Fox
Darikwa
Lichaj
Worrall
McKay
Clough
Vaughan
Bouchalakis
Murphy
Vellios

I wouldn't buy any of the loans. Fuentes and Dejagah will see their deals finish.

Worrall is a sacrifice to make a bit of money.

If you told me we were getting rid of Guedioura I wouldn't cry about it.

Interested to hear what people thought of the goalkeeper conceding three goals today because I haven't really seen him tested yet

I'm sure everyone else has their own lists

agree with all of that. Also would not sign any of the loan players. BIG changes need to be made otherwise another relegation fight awaits. The defending for those last 2 goals was absolutely abysmal.

Fox is the first player on the team sheet ...AK will build the defence around him...Dariwka Improved allot, the goals we conceeded today were mostly due to midfield going awol and the keeper being glued on his line...that is what makes the difference between a good keeper and an average one...controlling the WHOLE bloodey penalty box not 4 inches from his line...the team cannot defend like that ... get an all round good keeper and the defence will look so much better ... I am worried about Watson... he cannot keep the pace and apart from dangerous misplaced passes he only passes sideways or backwards ... if we manage to get Colback ...he and Bridcutt should be enough in midfield ...two on the flanks ...presumebly Lolley (even though today was a bit dissapointing) and Cash (and pls this player need to start, you cannot put him in in the last 15 minutes and expect miracles from him, he needs time to get used to the opposing defender)... and two bloody good strikers..I doubt that Brereton will ever be one ... I conceed he is young, but at his age Fowler and Owen were scoring goals for fun...in the first half he missed sitters, not normal chances, but bloody sitters ... even I could have scored those chances...the effect that a dangerous striker have on the opposition is incredible ... the ones that we have ..you can leave them on their own...and still miss ...and pls send Tomlin to Cardiff ...maybe he can score a goal or two, a decent pass, but his overall game is pathetic...we cannot afford to have players like him walking in the middle of the pitch...modern day football is about speed ...something that he can only dream of ...

Mores the pity.

No matter how many people love him on here, we will not progress past the low 50 points level while he is the best defender we have
You don't get rid of your best defenders / players, you add better ones thus improving the average quality (I realize logical thought is difficult so I don't blame you for getting it mixed up with preconceived bias)

Why on Earth would you compare Ben Brereton to Robbie Fowler or Michael Owen?

Are you saying that if a young striker isn't a PL golden boot winner in the making he isn't good enough for 17th placed chanpiobship side Nottingham Forest?

I would sign Fig. Bridcutt is a better and cheaper option than Colback.
Fuentes will be released as will Dejagah.
I would sign Pants as Kapino appears no better than Smith.
As for contracted players, Vaughan and Hobbs should be released.
I would keep Bouchalakis but all our on loan players aren't good enough. I would sell them all.
We need an LB or 2, 2 x centre halves, a proper RB, an attacking cm, a winger and 2 strikers.

You don't get rid of your best defenders / players, you add better ones thus improving the average quality (I realize logical thought is difficult so I don't blame you for getting it mixed up with preconceived bias)

The best defender at Nottingham Forest is hardly a badge of honour.

Good individual performances mask the fact that he has been mainstay of the defence in two half seasons in which the defence has been utterly shocking throughout. The best accolade we can give him is that he is the best player in a terrible defence.

If Fox is so outstanding, how come at no point has the forest defence been outstanding? It has been as bad without him and his presence has brought mild improvements.

You can love him all you want but any manager who wants to build a promotion side around Fox needs the sack as a fantasist.

We will never progress to the top of the division while we still rate players like Fox as top players IMO

How many games has Karanka won? Five?

Shocking. Can’t wait to see how brilliantly he does in the summer window because his January business was by and large utterly dreadful.

How many games has Karanka won? Five?

Shocking. Can’t wait to see how brilliantly he does in the summer window because his January business was by and large utterly dreadful.

Bollocks.

Results haven't been good enough. I can't give any further credit to that pile of usual shite from you though

The best defender at Nottingham Forest is hardly a badge of honour.

Good individual performances mask the fact that he has been mainstay of the defence in two half seasons in which the defence has been utterly shocking throughout. The best accolade we can give him is that he is the best player in a terrible defence.

If Fox is so outstanding, how come at no point has the forest defence been outstanding? It has been as bad without him and his presence has brought mild improvements.

You can love him all you want but any manager who wants to build a promotion side around Fox needs the sack as a fantasist.

We will never progress to the top of the division while we still rate players like Fox as top players IMO
Glad you added the imo. But it's not a get out of jail card. A couple of years back Malta used to annoy me because he would have an opinion on games he had not seen based on his bias ( we all do it to some degree) but he watches every game now and his assessment is usually spot on this season.
What is your excuse?
You obviously read a lot of stats ( good for your p-hacking) but your assessment of how a team works always seems to miss by miles...

My opinion differs to yours. Big deal. Grow up you pompous boring prick.

You are looking in the wrong place if you think you'll get an ounce of politeness from me. You made sure that train left the station long ago. You are a special case that I will always be happy to put into your rightful place in the cess pit.

Reactions: PVH
Glad you added the imo. But it's not a get out of jail card. A couple of years back Malta used to annoy me because he would have an opinion on games he had not seen based on his bias ( we all do it to some degree) but he watches every game now and his assessment is usually spot on this season.
What is your excuse?
You obviously read a lot of stats ( good for your p-hacking) but your assessment of how a team works always seems to miss by miles...

What the hell is p hacking?

I'm not 'getting out of jail'. Who the hell do you think you are?

Our defence has been absolutely abysmal for two seasons now. Two full seasons of letting us down.

Fox has been a part of that.

Yes, I agree that I have also seen good individual performances (and properly live as well, where you can see a better picture of what a player is doing).

But if he's so good, why is the defence still shite? It's not a difficult calculation really.

Season after season of rubbish has made us forget what a good defence is.

I think I made it clear I would get rid of the lot of them, not just Fox.

If you think that Fox is going to be the fulcrum of a promotion winning defence then good luck to you. I don't and I think we need pretty much an entirely new defence to move on. For me, a defence where Danny Fox still looks a great player is going to be a poor one.

Last edited:
I'd like AK to work with MacKay over the summer, lots of quality there if we can get his head right. If that doesn't work then bye bye. I feel the same about Zak for that matter.

Parts of the original list are just nonsense, we can't afford to keep having huge player turnover, financially or strategically.

Yes the squad needs pruning but the key is to get some real quality into the team, not waste money playing championship manager.

So, now Karanka has individual conversations with players where he tells them whether he wants them or whether they can do one.

Below is my personal opinion of who I would seek to get rid of, and I would do most of these conversations with real relish:

Hobbs
Evtimov
Mancienne
Fox
Darikwa
Lichaj
Worrall
McKay
Clough
Vaughan
Bouchalakis
Murphy
Vellios

You have got Clough on there from our loans (out), but presumably need to add Ward, Traore, and Cummings.

Need to send Smith, Grant, Brereton and Walker out on loan next year, and bring in some decent options so we don't need them for at least six months.

I'd like AK to work with MacKay over the summer, lots of quality there if we can get his head right. If that doesn't work then bye bye. I feel the same about Zak for that matter.

Parts of the original list are just nonsense, we can't afford to keep having huge player turnover, financially or strategically.

Yes the squad needs pruning but the key is to get some real quality into the team, not waste money playing championship manager.

I agree on McKay, I just don't see it happening unfortunately.

Reality is we can all sit here and reel off a list of 12 players we want rid of after a shocking loss like I have done because we are all just playing championship manager really.

Without access to the full financial picture and advice we can't say how many players we can afford to lose or replace. How can anyone say realistically that we can afford to replace Lichaj but not Darikwa for example?

So everyone might as well just post their fantasty lists of who they would get rid of if money or reality was no object