Kappa Innit | Page 3 | Vital Football

Kappa Innit

Claret body. Blue arms. This seasons home kit is Burnley.
The white away one is excellent.
Maker is irrelevant to me

Claret body. Blue arms. This seasons home kit is Burnley.
The white away one is excellent.
Maker is irrelevant to me

Burnley are blue sleeves as well usually.
Agree on the maker though, there were a lot of people questioning the choice of Luke last year and they seem to have sold extremely well. Its all down to the design really

View attachment 33058

Be good to see Kappa try and re-create one of these classics rather than the green and black effort. They're still a bit different but at least the colours are relevant to us.

Apart from the classic 1980 white away top (which is a work of art in its simplicity) the le coq sportif was the next best thing. Different without it being too out there, I loved this top.
Be nice to see us taking 3 points off Man Citeh at The Etihad wearing something similar to this...!:smoke:

Apart from the classic 1980 white away top (which is a work of art in its simplicity) the le coq sportif was the next best thing. Different without it being too out there, I loved this top.
Be nice to see us taking 3 points off Man Citeh at The Etihad wearing something similar to this...!:smoke:

Yes, I will be sporting the 1980 away shirt on Monday. It may be white but there is enough claret & blue on the sleeves and collar to make up for it.

Think I’m going with the 1987 Hummel home or 1990 Umbro home, saving this season’s for my holiday the next day, will be walking round like a peacock in it after Monday!

The Rotterdam shirt is the best away shirt for me. Have the round badge in the centre and put the star above the badge. Forest took no notice of the authorities and put their 2 stars above the badge. Having the star inside the badge and by the lion looks like a cat has coughed up a fur ball ?

I find peoples tastes wierd. The "yellow Henson" kit ?.

A) It is Yellow. Yelliw equals Blues. White equals Villa. Why not go the whole hog and get rid of claret, and changectge shade of blue to royal.

B) It was bloody hideous, and I would inagine the whole purpose of those kits were to "rebrand fir Ellis" , thus taking away every bit of what was Aston Villa

C) Even forgetting the above. Those kits symbalise total and utter failure. We were probably in a worse state then than we were last year, and would have gone the same way Wolves did if it wasnt for one man....

And his words are the perfect way to summarise this thread.......

"If we can't play like Aston Villa, we will at least look like Aston Villa !"

I find peoples tastes wierd. The "yellow Henson" kit ?.

A) It is Yellow. Yelliw equals Blues. White equals Villa. Why not go the whole hog and get rid of claret, and changectge shade of blue to royal.

B) It was bloody hideous, and I would inagine the whole purpose of those kits were to "rebrand fir Ellis" , thus taking away every bit of what was Aston Villa

C) Even forgetting the above. Those kits symbalise total and utter failure. We were probably in a worse state then than we were last year, and would have gone the same way Wolves did if it wasnt for one man....

And his words are the perfect way to summarise this thread.......

"If we can't play like Aston Villa, we will at least look like Aston Villa !"

Point of order. We had yellow away kits in the 70's.

Ok. To be more specific. Were in Division 3, and didnt get back to Div 1 til we changed it

Last edited:
After my joke of royal blue. A quick look at our history shows we have played in a Blues kit on three occasions. Anyone know why ?

A quick look at histirical kits com shows roughly, we have had a white away for ariund 70 or 80 years, a light blue one for about 15, a yellow one for about 10 and the rest are made up of sillys like tge dechair or black etc...

However every single one of the yellow kits from what a can see mirror low points in our history -69 to 74, 86, the Brazil mistake, the last years of Ellis 2004 to 2006, 2016 relegation etc...

If we have yellow, i will honestly be gutted and livid. Players come and go, managers and owners come and go. Our kit is Aston Villa, and Aston Villa is Claret n Blue, and away should be white (like 82) or blue (like 57) and nothing else

Have a look at www.historicalkits.co.uk - fascinating.

It was Tommy Docherty who changed us to yellow. Fecking idiot - never liked him

And the reason we played in a Blues kit is our two kits clashed with our opposition, and their two kits clashed with theirs. So we played in a Blues kit (with Blues badge) and they played in a Villa kit.

Christ, can you imagine that happening now !!!

Personally, out of all of them, i would go for 76-81 - our greatest era, and the sleeve trim would work with Kappa perfectly

I may have dreamt this but around the time that Sir Brian made his VP debut we came out at VP in yellow shirts and blue shorts , to a round of booing from the Holte , quickly followed by cheers as they realised it was us .

Anyone else remember this ?

I may have dreamt this but around the time that Sir Brian made his VP debut we came out at VP in yellow shirts and blue shorts , to a round of booing from the Holte , quickly followed by cheers as they realised it was us .

Anyone else remember this ?

I think my dad may have been at this game. He's mentioned a couple of times a pre season friendly when Villa came out in yellow shirts, with a few new signings and were subsequently booed onto the pitch by the Villa faithful till they realised who they were.