Kane & Moura: Is This The Beginning Of A Legendary Partnership? | Vital Football

Kane & Moura: Is This The Beginning Of A Legendary Partnership?

D

Departed

Harry obviously respect Lucas. And he really celebrated when Lucas scored the 2nd goal at the Theatre Of Our Dreams.

Is this the magic up front we've needed?

This pairing has the potential to be very potent. What I did notice v Man U was that Kane played deeper and Moura was often the most advance player. Lucas also did most of the pressing and I was impressed with his energy. I have often been critical of Kane doing most of the pressing v 3 defender + goalie and hardly any wonder he knackers at around 70 mins.

Also there's an element of wtf with the opposition seeing a dribbler partnering Kane, probably getting some confused looks. Moura certainly offers us more flexibility for other players and the way the defence is often split up, e.g., Eriksen finding space to provide the assist. As much as Eriksen didn't have his best game, I think it was somewhat overshadowed by Moura's performance. Moura may be is the next surprise package after Salah.

I have always been envious of City and Pool with the front three operating at speed. We now a slightly different set up and It's gonna be fun watching our games. Also great options from the bench when Lamela and Sonny are available.

The Lucas breakthrough has certainly given us fans something to get excited about after a summer of zero signings. I figured it was just gonna be the same old team struggling to match last years performance. On and upwards!

Well we have been looking for someone to compliment Kane up top...thank God we may have finally found it!!!

Here's to hoping

His work rate has gone up a few gears since he joined. That will be a major reason why Poch has given him a chance.

He always had the talent, he just needed to work harder and start believing in himself.

Son has some real competition here. About time.

His work rate has gone up a few gears since he joined. That will be a major reason why Poch has given him a chance.

He always had the talent, he just needed to work harder and start believing in himself.

Son has some real competition here. About time.

One of the players we are missing is someone to compete with the automatic selections of Alli & Eriksen.

One of the players we are missing is someone to compete with the automatic selections of Alli & Eriksen.

I think that's been recognised for some time - and I believe that's how Grealish was being viewed/needed to be developed into.

Both Alli and Eriksen have simply played too much and need rotating and have to learn to fight for a place again.

I think that's been recognised for some time - and I believe that's how Grealish was being viewed/needed to be developed into.

Both Alli and Eriksen have simply played too much and need rotating and have to learn to fight for a place again.

Well as I genuinely can not see Villa going up, Bruce gone by Xmas is my bet, so we can return like a dog to it's vomit for English/Irish jack. I remember telling you I thought Maddison for the money Norwich wanted was a better bet. I still think I'm right EX.

Well as I genuinely can not see Villa going up, Bruce gone by Xmas is my bet, so we can return like a dog to it's vomit for English/Irish jack. I remember telling you I thought Maddison for the money Norwich wanted was a better bet. I still think I'm right EX.

You could be right, I guess we have to see how he does for Leicester - I watched their game yesterday and he looked a talent but still raw and made some poor decisions - but a season in the top flight will probably change that.

Personally, I still think Grealish could be a much bigger talent, but he too will have to step it up to convince everyone - assuming we do go back in for him.

You could be right, I guess we have to see how he does for Leicester - I watched their game yesterday and he looked a talent but still raw and made some poor decisions - but a season in the top flight will probably change that.

Personally, I still think Grealish could be a much bigger talent, but he too will have to step it up to convince everyone - assuming we do go back in for him.
I'm not sure Maddison would be welcomed at Spurs, he was reported to have said some pretty disrespectful things about us in the past.

I'm not sure Maddison would be welcomed at Spurs, he was reported to have said some pretty disrespectful things about us in the past.
Holding grudges over infantile fan banter from a youth prospect seems an exercise in self harm. Scot Parker West Ham; Gallas, Adebayor Chelsea and Arsenal respectively. Our fan base would get over it in 60 sec if he scored a belter against Arsenal like David Bentley. They have erased Harry in a Gooners shirt from their consciousness entirely.

Don't think it will work in the long run, Moura behind Kane or on the wing, not as a centre forward.

Moura & Son supporting Kane is what I want to see.

We missed Lamela huge. He is the ONE player we have on the bench that can come in and throw a game on its head.