Kane likes Conte | Vital Football

Kane likes Conte

D

Departed

https://sports.yahoo.com/antonio-conte-making-impression-spurs-191856048.html

PA Sport Staff
Tue, March 15, 2022, 5:27 AM·2 min read

Harry Kane insists he and his Tottenham team-mates “cannot speak highly enough” of head coach Antonio Conte.

England captain Kane, widely expected to join Manchester City last summer in his pursuit of major honours, also said that while Conte’s evolution would take time, the club had not given up on a top-four finish this season.

Kane, whose side play at Brighton on Wednesday, told Sky Sports: “It’s not a quick fix that happens overnight, it takes time and understanding.

“Of course (Conte’s) mentioned he needs to talk to the club and chairman and to see what direction we need to go as a club. From my point of view, the players’ point of view, we can’t speak highly enough of him.”

Kane admitted his form dipped at the start of the season following last summer’s speculation, but said he is continuing to improve as a player under Conte.
“It was no time to panic or sulk,” Kane said. “It was a time to work hard and since Antonio’s come in, we’ve had a good understanding with each other. As a player, if you’re improving under a coach, that’s the most important thing.

“I definitely feel like I’m improving and the team is with Antonio. That motivates you to be even better. Hopefully we can end the season and give the top four a real go.”
It remains to be seen whether Kane will remain at the club beyond this season if a strong late challenge for a Champions League place fails to materialise.

Tottenham sit eighth in the table after Saturday’s 3-2 defeat at Manchester United, six points behind fourth-placed Arsenal, who have a game in hand.

Kane added: “Personally, you want to be in the best competitions in the world. My focus is on this year, getting top four is the most important goal for us now.

“There are 11 games left and if we can get on a run, this is more than possible. That’s all I can control and that’s all the manager can control as well. Let’s see where we end up.”

Mixed messages? It takes time and doesn't happen overnight.

Then we have 11 games left, let's see where we end up.....in relation to he wants to play in the top competitions.

I would say Conte needs at least until the end of next season to decide if he can set us on the right path.

This has been about the 3rd time that Harry can't disguise what he is actually thinking in an interview. He's just not smart enough.

I guess we will have to wait and see what happens in the summer.

As 80 said yesterday, that cashflow should be loosening up now after the COVID period. Personally, I hope we get top dollar for him and add even more to the kitty so we get that opportunity to fill a few positions.

We need a new look lineup with a new spine next season. We'll be just fine.

This has been about the 3rd time that Harry can't disguise what he is actually thinking in an interview. He's just not smart enough.

I guess we will have to wait and see what happens in the summer.

As 80 said yesterday, that cashflow should be loosening up now after the COVID period. Personally, I hope we get top dollar for him and add even more to the kitty so we get that opportunity to fill a few positions.

We need a new look lineup with a new spine next season. We'll be just fine.

Where is the confidence coming from that we will be just fine ?

A little review of the club's financial history is in order.

Here are the total revenues for the club over the last 5 years:
Revenue.jpg

As you can see we have not had a full year of match day revenues since the new stadium was built. Even so, we hit 460 million in June 2019.

That puts us at probably close to 550 million in a full year and I am being conservative here.

In my estimation, and with Chelsea's financial troubles, that puts us firmly into 3rd place in the Premier League from a revenue perspective. If you read the financials you will see we are already profitable other than amortization and player trading.

We are in very good shape.

And that is called Stewardship. With a capital S.

A little review of the club's financial history is in order.

Here are the total revenues for the club over the last 5 years:
View attachment 56414

As you can see we have not had a full year of match day revenues since the new stadium was built. Even so, we hit 460 million in June 2019.

That puts us at probably close to 550 million in a full year and I am being conservative here.

In my estimation, and with Chelsea's financial troubles, that puts us firmly into 3rd place in the Premier League from a revenue perspective. If you read the financials you will see we are already profitable other than amortization and player trading.

We are in very good shape.

And that is called Stewardship. With a capital S.
Does the June 2019 figure include our earnings from the Champions League run to the final? Didn't that earn us in excess of £90m? That would skew a normal years' revenues.

Does the June 2019 figure include our earnings from the Champions League run to the final? Didn't that earn us in excess of £90m? That would skew a normal years' revenues.

But that doesn't change the perspective. Some of that £90m came into the club but went straight into the player bonuses. I think Ex was saying at the time that it is way more than you think.

You can offset that against that culling of Bale, Hart, Aurier, Toby, Lamela, Sissoko etc. I bet we shifted over £30m of salaries before we added the new ones.

Then you look at how utilised the stadium conference facilities are.

I reckon we've closed down at least half that £90m (guess)