Kane in England squad | Vital Football

Kane in England squad

Spursex

Alert Team
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48299337

Nations League: Harry Kane named in England squad, Ruben Loftus-Cheek out

Tottenham striker Harry Kane is one of nine Champions League finalists named in England's squad for the Nations League finals.
Kane has not played since injuring an ankle in the first leg of Spurs' Champions League quarter-final against Manchester City on 9 April.
Chelsea midfielder Ruben Loftus-Cheek misses out after his injury in a friendly in the US on Wednesday.
Blues forward Callum Hudson-Odoi also misses out with injury.
England play their Nations League semi-final against the Netherlands on 6 June in Portugal, just five days after the Champions League showpiece between Liverpool and Spurs.
Kane is named alongside five Spurs team-mates, with three Liverpool players also included.
England squad
Goalkeepers: Jack Butland (Stoke City), Tom Heaton (Burnley), Jordan Pickford (Everton)
Defenders: Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Ben Chilwell (Leicester City), Joe Gomez (Liverpool), Michael Keane (Everton), Harry Maguire (Leicester City), Danny Rose (Tottenham Hotspur), John Stones (Manchester City), Kieran Trippier (Tottenham Hotspur), Kyle Walker (Manchester City)
Midfielders: Dele Alli (Tottenham Hotspur), Ross Barkley (Chelsea), Fabian Delph (Manchester City), Eric Dier (Tottenham Hotspur), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Jesse Lingard (Manchester United), Nathan Redmond (Southampton), Declan Rice (West Ham United), James Ward-Prowse (Southampton), Harry Winks (Tottenham Hotspur)
Strikers: Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur), Marcus Rashford (Manchester United), Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund), Raheem Sterling (Manchester City), Callum Wilson (AFC Bournemouth)

Just been looking at the squad. Still shocks me that Southgate is being so loyal to Trippier. The guy has been hopeless, Wan Bissaka superb and Trips has a chronic groin injury anyway. Becoming a blindspot for both Poch and Southgate.

I think Southgate's best team is.....

Pickford
Trent, Gomez, Stones, Chilwell
Dele, Henderson, Barkley
Sterling, Kane, Rashford

However, that's 6 players in the CL and EL finals of which 4 are in our game on the Sat night.

Kane needs a brain transplant if he plays let alone a new ankle. People talk about a back-up striker for Kane but what we need is another striker that Kane can be back-up for given the amount of time he will be out next season.

Pull them all out, we sacrificed our season and players for the WC and League of Nations crap, we can't go through a 3rd year without rest.

No excuses.

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this another game of how stupid are Tottenham Hotspur?

Let’s see if we pass this one

I'm not sure Spurs have too much say in this, it's not a friendly so I think they have to release players

I'm there for bank holiday golf...can't wait either.

Love it.....my best mate (Norwich fan) is moving there with his wife and kids in July. Not too far from Albufeira and all those amazing courses. I'll be out there at some point no doubt getting my free accommodation and getting some golf in.

As for the England games, my nutty mates want us to take our cycling gear for Portugal and then run the Sofia half marathon when we get to Bulgaria in October.

It's mid life crises everywhere I look :-)

I remember when SAF used to do that in United heyday... Oh no, hold on a minute...
We are not M.U. and Poch isn't SAF, but if you think the UEFA would let us pull players out of a national squad without proof and repercussions then maybe we should do that. My question is, do you think we'd get away with it?

We are not M.U. and Poch isn't SAF, but if you think the UEFA would let us pull players out of a national squad without proof and repercussions then maybe we should do that. My question is, do you think we'd get away with it?

LOL - I think the point that everyone misses is that the players themselves want to play for England. It is the place to be. A bunch of guys that come together, have banter together and compete together. The saying "a change is as good as a rest" is so relevant to the England setup.

I'd like to see anyone at Spurs try to stop our players from joining Southgate and their England mates. I'm not sure they would stay at the club in the long term.

LOL - I think the point that everyone misses is that the players themselves want to play for England. It is the place to be. A bunch of guys that come together, have banter together and compete together. The saying "a change is as good as a rest" is so relevant to the England setup.

I'd like to see anyone at Spurs try to stop our players from joining Southgate and their England mates. I'm not sure they would stay at the club in the long term.
Can you imagine if they missed out on winning a European championship or WC, I recall thinking that Sissoko form may be linked to him missing out on winning WC. It acted as a wake up call.

ManU, Pool and City all got away with it in the last game. All their players were injured and miraculously recovered for the following PL game.

Anyone here who really believes Kane will heal by this international game is mad. It's time we clash with the FA and the players if need be.

Too many internationals with FIFA trying to generate more revenue. The balance between club and country is broken to the point we are at serious risk of having a squad of cripples.

Kane needs to fall in line, like the rest. He will not recover 100% in time for this stupid match and will need a good rehab after the CL and a summer break.

No ifs or buts, he doesn't pay the bills.