Kane in England squad | Page 2 | Vital Football

Kane in England squad

Anyone here who really believes Kane will heal by this international game is mad. It's time we clash with the FA and the players if need be.

Too many internationals with FIFA trying to generate more revenue. The balance between club and country is broken to the point we are at serious risk of having a squad of cripples.

Kane needs to fall in line, like the rest. He will not recover 100% in time for this stupid match and will need a good rehab after the CL and a summer break.

No ifs or buts, he doesn't pay the bills.

Never a fan of anyone saying that clubs pay the players and the international setups don't.

To be fair, I pay the bills. That's the TV subscriptions, the tickets I purchases for the games I go to, the merchandise etc. Spurs only get their revenue to pay their players from people like you and me. As far as I'm concerned, my money is ring fenced so Kane plays for the country I support. Ditto for Sanchez playing for Colombia this summer in the Copa America.

Agree with your point that FIFA, UEFA, The FA and the Premier League needs to stop fighting each other over scheduling though. That is a can of worms.

As for Kane, he was straight line running a week ago. That left 3 weeks until CL and 4 weeks until England games. Not sure whether that's enough time to do the other movements and strengthen that all up. I always felt with ankles, it was also about confidence of being able to go full throttle. Feels like a tough ask for both sets of games if you ask me.

Just happy that the England game is after the CL final. Don't give a toss what England do with our Spurs contingent after that as long as they don't succumb to any MORE injuries.

If the above post has merit, then Kane should not be playing in the CL anyway, which is a damn shame as we definitely need him, regardless of us just falling over the line without him. Big player for a big game.

There is a protocol; any player that pulls out after selection is assessed by England's medical staff - it's been that way since 2013. If they disagree with the clubs evidence, then they say so and action is threatened or the player/his agent is told directly he may not be considered in the future.

Whether they are fit enough to play in terms of their general fitness is a debate that is had between the club and the FA staff. It's why Gareth has said they will be constantly assessed and any decision will be discussed between club/player and his staff.

Maybe we are too genuine, who knows, but the assumption that clubs pull their players out without direct physical evidence of injury is just plain wrong.