Kal Naismith @ Rotherham | Vital Football

Kal Naismith @ Rotherham

wafcharvey

Vital Youth Team
Just seen a couple of things on Twitter that seem to suggest that Kal Naismith had some sort of spat/shouted something at the Wigan fans tonight? Wondering if anyone knows anything or if anyone was there who can elaborate?

He got slagged off for passing back...... Naismith explained why he did it. Its on PKs twitter.

Shouldn't have been playing left back. He isn't one. Shouldn't have been playing anyway when we have loaned a young and fit left back. If we didn't want to risk him then another left back should have been signed.
Naismith shouldn't even have been signed. Not a Championship player.

Shouldn't have been playing left back. He isn't one. Shouldn't have been playing anyway when we have loaned a young and fit left back. If we didn't want to risk him then another left back should have been signed.
Naismith shouldn't even have been signed. Not a Championship player.
You have far too much bile in your system Ste......... you need to find some way of finding some relief ?. ?

You whinge when we play loan players, now you whinge when we don't. Also, let's remember that Byrne was no great shakes when he first came to us, and certainly wasn't a right back/half.

Just chill........ Go fishing......... (or maybe you already are)
?

Be careful Jeff. Whilst you're clearly right he shouldn't have been signed, I stated similar months ago when he was, outlining why and the place went into meltdown. I'd give the lad some slack because he's not a left back, but seem to recall some of the rose tinted brigade stating Cook believed he could play there so was the best thing since sliced bread.

Bottom line - he's not good enough to warrant a starting place in a meaningful game and not good enough to make the bench barring injury and suspension to others. Why he was signed on a 3 year deal I have no idea as there is no way we could get shut given his salary.

You have far too much bile in your system Ste......... you need to find some way of finding some relief ?. ?

You whinge when we play loan players, now you whinge when we don't. Also, let's remember that Byrne was no great shakes when he first came to us, and certainly wasn't a right back/half.

Just chill........ Go fishing......... (or maybe you already are)
?
Come on Ant there were players such as Windass and Evans who were more in need of match practice with the team. Those two are going to be playing regular. I am not a fan of the loan system at all but if you rented a BMW you would want your money's worth so why not Robinson at left back at least till we have cover rather than makeshift cover. Kali isn't a left back so why square pegs in round holes.

Robinson plays....... gets injured........ Naismith plays on Saturday?!

As for MiW saying that he isn't good enough, FFS give him a chance......... either at RB or on the wing. Writing players off after a couple of games is a touch cowardly to be honest.

On a positive, apparently Connolly played well again and Lopez had a belter .........though I'm sure some questioned the logic of signing him too.

He's had a chance since he started his professional career and ultimately he's shown nothing over those years to warrant a championship club signing and then playing him in the starting 11. He's no better than what we have so is ultimately a waste of a salary that could have been better utilised imo. If he proves me wrong I'll gladly say so!

Everything is sensationalised to get more attention these days, a shout becomes a scream, an explanation becomes a rant, speaking becomes mouthing off, a disagreement becomes an argument, etc.

You've got to take everything you read on twitter with a giant pinch of salt. It sounds like it was a storm in a tea cup.

I don't think anyone was excited to sign Naismith, but i think some of our fans well and truly have it in for him already. No doubt his first impression has not been good and on paper he was not the type of player you would expect us to look at, but he's been out of position (i dont think the theory of him being a left back will work out) and is stepping up to a new league. Dunkley has not had a good start and Kipre and Robinson have made costly mistakes but it feels like those 3 have been given some benefit of the doubt as they need to adjust to their team mates and this level of football - yet Naismith doesn't seem to be given any of that patience.

I'm not saying Naismith will come good or he was a great singing in the first place, all I'm saying is he's a Wigan player now and surely as fans - at least at games getting on his back so quickly is only going to make it harder for him to succeed with us. If he is as bad as people feel he is then what is shouting at him going to do other then ruin his confidence and make him play even worse?

Be careful Jeff. Whilst you're clearly right he shouldn't have been signed, I stated similar months ago when he was, outlining why and the place went into meltdown. I'd give the lad some slack because he's not a left back, but seem to recall some of the rose tinted brigade stating Cook believed he could play there so was the best thing since sliced bread.

Bottom line - he's not good enough to warrant a starting place in a meaningful game and not good enough to make the bench barring injury and suspension to others. Why he was signed on a 3 year deal I have no idea as there is no way we could get shut given his salary.

Didn't you say the same, and more, about signing Gibson ?

In regards Gibson I said I wasn't bothered we gave him a second chance as I've no issue with that. What I said was he's frequently injured (which unsurprisingly he now is) and wasn't particularly good. Given his performance against Wednesday I did state he proved me wrong on the second point.

He's had a chance since he started his professional career and ultimately he's shown nothing over those years to warrant a championship club signing and then playing him in the starting 11. He's no better than what we have so is ultimately a waste of a salary that could have been better utilised imo. If he proves me wrong I'll gladly say so!
So Naismith is this years new scapegoat, I presume Massey will be mightily relieved

So Naismith is this years new scapegoat, I presume Massey will be mightily relieved

So basically what we now have is a forum where nobody can say a bad word about anyone without accusations of scapegoating surface...maybe some people can see things that you oh wise one are oblivious to....

How many saying he’s not good enough have actually seen him play? And when I say that I dont mean as a left back. He’s a forward ffs, stop getting on his back he’s played 5 minutes for us out of position. Stop jumping on the bandwagon because you’ve seen someone else’s tweet saying he’s shite. If he gets played in an advanced role and is still poor then by all means have a go but Jesus Christ he’s played one game.