JV | Vital Football

JV

weRimps

Vital Reserves Team
I know it may seem a bit random but is JV still involved in the club?

I haven't seen, heard of read anything about him in the past couple of years I think.

From what I have been told, no he isn't – he left the club a few weeks ago after being away on sick leave for the past few months.

The Imposter - 8/3/2018 19:57

From what I have been told, no he isn't – he left the club a few weeks ago after being away on sick leave for the past few months.

Thats correct. I only know John briefly through our love for City and going to the same holiday resort on Rhodes but he confirmed the above on his facebook page.

I hope he's well, I only mentioned it as I haven't seen or heard of him for a while, always used to see him hurrying around wearing various hats - secretary, media, general manager.

abebaby - 8/3/2018 20:16

The Imposter - 8/3/2018 19:57

Thats correct. I only know John briefly through our love for City and going to the same holiday resort on Rhodes but he confirmed the above on his facebook page.
What did he put?

Hope he's OK. Very loyal servant of the club during its most difficult times, and covered an enormous amount of work. Must have taken some stick, including a little from me - sorry JV - for the poor standard of some media things at the club at times. Its funny, its taken the 'revolution' at the club to realise how poor things were in some areas during those years, but only now can we realise that they were poor because of the lack of staff and investment, etc.

weRimps - 8/3/2018 21:23

I hope he's well, I only mentioned it as I haven't seen or heard of him for a while, always used to see him hurrying around wearing various hats - secretary, media, general manager.

JV a jack of all trades. The new club now employs masters of each trade Perhaps either JV or the club could not see JV as a square peg fitting into a round hole. Doing all the different roles must have taken it's toll.
Anyway good luck to JV in whatever he decides to pursue.

PerthImp - 8/3/2018 23:40

Hope he's OK. Very loyal servant of the club during its most difficult times, and covered an enormous amount of work. Must have taken some stick, including a little from me - sorry JV - for the poor standard of some media things at the club at times. Its funny, its taken the 'revolution' at the club to realise how poor things were in some areas during those years, but only now can we realise that they were poor because of the lack of staff and investment, etc.

:clappy:

Mattytindraws - 8/3/2018 22:04

That's of course if he has actually been poorly :mmmm:

Yes he has and comments like that are bang out of order. I've known the guy for more years than I care to remember and there are very few who will sweat as much blood as he has for the club.

Let's not forget it was people like JV who basically kept the club running through some very hard times. He was also behind the club's original web presence 20 odd years ago now. I hope he's ok and able to enjoy the success of the club.

Screamager - 9/3/2018 01:56

Mattytindraws - 8/3/2018 22:04

That's of course if he has actually been poorly :mmmm:

Yes he has and comments like that are bang out of order. I've known the guy for more years than I care to remember and there are very few who will sweat as much blood as he has for the club.

:clappy:

Yep - top bloke is JV.

Top Bloke! Who i believe is ill! It wasnt long ago JV helped keep the club going in all forms! Im just pleased he thoroughly enjoyed last seasons success with his son.

Let's not forget that it was JV who ran the old Lincoln-list email forum, back in the 90s. He helped drag the club through the technology and social media revolution.

I wish him well and I hope he gets well soon.

Top Bloke. End of.

WithamImp76 - 9/3/2018 08:14

I don't think he's quite the club hero you all seem to think he is... :nope:

If you read my post properly at no stage did I imply he was a hero (if it was aimed at me) and indeed said I had given him some stick. Doesn't detract from all his loyal work for the club over the difficult years.