JV (oh dear) | Vital Football

JV (oh dear)

Not sure this gives the club bad publicity as it clearly is the criminal act of an individual. If he is given that position of trust and abuses it he gets no sympathy from me

Proceeds of Crime Act may allow us to claim the money back from him though

Not the first person to do this and wont be the last.
Taking money out the club during the time period when we were in such a poor financial position really does beggar belief!
No wonder his departure was 'hushed up' at the time.

Taking money out the club during the time period when we were in such a poor financial position really does beggar belief!

Absolutely. Just incredible really. And he was a fan of the Imps too. Was Mike Thompson his mentor at the club?

Was Mike Thompson his mentor at the club?

Absolutely unbelievable and quite shocking.

Mike Thompson didn't take any money out of the club. Where as he has taken money out of the club at a time when it was on its knees and he was supposed to be a fan!

Obviously had too much power and not enough checks as Lord Acton said "Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely".

Very sad & shocked by this news as I had a few e-mail conversations with JV & always believed him to be a straight-up guy, albeit under some considerable pressures at the club. Yet again, nothing in life surprises me any more.

Absolutely stunned by this news,i too thought he had left under a serious illness,cancer and not under a cloud .
Another ambassador of the club abuses his position bringing shame on his family and many lcfc friends.
All i can say is alot of people were under considerable pressure during the non league days and temptation to get more must have been immense.
However i too worked with alot of money in the day and was never tempted at all despite a 16% mortgage.
I hope the club pursue the money back even if he has to sell his own home.

£35K over 11 years averages out at less than £3.2K a year. Even during our darkest days that would have been a fraction of our budget.

Not condoning what he did in the slightest, but if you want to talk about money being squandered on fraudulent transactions, let's start with Drewe Broughton's wage.

£35K over 11 years averages out at less than £3.2K a year. Even during our darkest days that would have been a fraction of our budget.

Not condoning what he did in the slightest, but if you want to talk about money being squandered on fraudulent transactions, let's start with Drewe Broughton's wage.

The 11 years will refer to his period at the club
The fraud may have been throughout the period or just early on or just near the end etc.
May have been lots of little amounts or one or two big amounts.
And the reason for him doing it may be various things. Pure greed or perhaps a drug or gambling addiction or in a spiral of debt for other reasons.

It did seem weird that he was suddenly gone, or seemingly so at the time, through his lack of activity and off the back of that, I'd heard a whisper a year or so back that it was something financial.

Very disappointing, even more so when he was considered, along with Dawn, to be the spine of the skeleton staff we had in the NL years.

Whether he's 'that kind of person', something else drove him to do it or we got him all wrong, who knows.

Can we recover that money?

The 11 years will refer to his period at the club
The fraud may have been throughout the period or just early on or just near the end etc.
May have been lots of little amounts or one or two big amounts.
And the reason for him doing it may be various things. Pure greed or perhaps a drug or gambling addiction or in a spiral of debt for other reasons.
It refers to his period as general manager, he was at the club a lot longer than that.

Yet that £35 grand could have been the difference between remaining full time or going part time or even the club going under.

And your second comment is way too flippant when considering a criminal act which was the matter under discussion

Probably the person most wronged in all of this is Bob Dorrian who had to keep bailing the club out with his own (far from unlimited) funds. That £35k would have needed Bob to cover it, almost certainly.

Yet that £35 grand could have been the difference between remaining full time or going part time or even the club going under.

And your second comment is way too flippant when considering a criminal act which was the matter under discussion
And it might be that none of the money was taken during the NL years. We don't know, do we?

As for flippancy, I make no apologies for this crime grinding my gears somewhat less than the years of piss-poor managers and players on whom we spunked what must have been millions during our journey to the edge of oblivion.

I'm going to leave it there before I say something I end up regretting - can Jules or one of the mods delete this account, please.

And it might be that none of the money was taken during the NL years. We don't know, do we?

As for flippancy, I make no apologies for this crime grinding my gears somewhat less than the years of piss-poor managers and players on whom we spunked what must have been millions during our journey to the edge of oblivion.

I'm going to leave it there before I say something I end up regretting - can Jules or one of the mods delete this account, please.

sorry but you cant compare bad decisions made totally legally within the running of a business to the totally selfish illegal actions taken by a thieving individual purely for his own gains. John Vickers, hope your reading this, your a total arsehole.

The delight of this site is the varied and differing opinions on all topics so please retain your account as all views are valid