Justin Kluivert | Vital Football

Justin Kluivert

Just( in ) read on the Spur site that we are interested in Justin Kluivert.
Being a Spurs ex pat living in Holland for 30 years i watch the Dutch football deteriorate every season. Good players coming through from the youth & getting bought away by the rich & famous.
So as Sanches from Axax. Worth dubble in 2 years time.
I watched the Spurs game against WBA & was so frustrated that we couldn,t find a way through there defence ( so as many other games this season escpecially at wembeley)

If only we had a winger that could take the opposition on , shoot & score.
The last player that we had was Gareth Bale.
No one has ever taken his place.
Play it through the middel, play it backwards,Play it sideways,
give the opposition time to group together. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We are so predictable & slow on the build up,s.
But after seeing Justin Kluivert last season i wondered if he was a one season wonder, & i have come to the conclusion that he isnt.
A brilliant hat trick againt Pec Zwoole the weekend ( i know it was only Zwolle ) but you could see the way he turnded players inside out & he knew where the goal was & his shots were on target insted of all over the place,
This is a player that would be a bargin at 45m euro, in 2 years time this is going to be a player worth 80m +.
If you need convincing look up the highlights on you tube.
This is just the player that we have been waiting for , 18 years & so confident.
So i hope Mr. Levy is watching & reading this site, Gareth Bale the 2nd !!!!!!
Buy now Mr. Levy, before it is to late , AGAIN
from a hopefull Andy

Andy, great post - keep us updated, I've only seen recordings of him, but my friend tells me that he is absolutely the real deal and is going to be very special - just pray that it's us that can get him.

I was reliably informed before his hat trick that this was in the works and he's keen... That might have added a bit more onto the asking price though!

Ajax have a hatful of players who are going to go on to be the top level professionals for the next decade + and Kluivert is definitely a top pick. I rate de Ligt very highly, whilst Neres could go on to be a true star.

Getting any of these players to Spurs will be a big task because they are all being watched very closely by all the big clubs.

A few potential star players at Ajax, me, I'd go for Kasper Dolberg. He may be ready for a step up.

A better backup and partner for Kane as a CF. More than just a poacher. Probably cost 15m at the most, likely a bit less.

Dolberg looks a big talent but he's one of their players that I think needs at least another year there. Kluivert and Nenes could step up now without a problem.

Matic - 8/1/2018 22:13

Dolberg looks a big talent but he's one of their players that I think needs at least another year there. Kluivert and Nenes could step up now without a problem.

You follow the Eredivisie? What do you think about Odegaard? I think he’d be a good understudy for Eriksen. He can also play on the wing. On the right, right? I think Zidane wouldn’t care about whether or not he returns.

Matic - 8/1/2018 14:13

Interesting, I would think the exact opposite on Kluivert. Neres is mysterious, might be a worldie, but so new. Dolberg is a better prospect than Janssen was, and we could loan him back and get him in the Summer.

Matic - 8/1/2018 22:13

Kluivert to me needs another year or two. If he move too early or to the wrong club he would end up like Depay.

While we have seen players dome in from the dutch league and succeed in the PL straight away, they were usually older and defensive players. The last successful attacking player from the Erdivisie was Suarez, and he was 23.

I still think we need to be as sure as we can that a player can step up straight away, and I just can't see Kluivert doing that at this moment.

Eriksen could count as a successful attacking player, albeit not a Forward. From Ajax no less.

If say, he were to suggest his young international teammate to the powers that be... Could start some talkin.

It's the one Dutch club that has the demostrated capability & history of developing very good young footballers.

Eriksen was 21 when he moved which is a huge difference, but I agree in general, though the examples re few and far in between.

There is also the argument that a lot of young players stay in Holland too long and don't push on their game far enough to cope with the jump up. Depay is a tricky example. He went to Man Utd at a low point, with a manager who made a real mess of things and he let it all go to his head. The one thing Kluivert has that many others don't is a footballing dad who has been at the top and will be able to advise properly. I agree that another year at Ajax may suit him, but at the same time I am fairly confident that even a move now wouldn't phase him. As for Nenes, I'd sign him up NOW. Or Malcom from Ligue Un.

A last minute deal would be fun! Although Overmars insists none of his kids are going anywhere. Insists he does.

xvausch - 20/1/2018 09:59

A last minute deal would be fun! Although Overmars insists none of his kids are going anywhere. Insists he does.

Said the same about Sanchez if I remember right.