Justin Edinburgh | Vital Football

Justin Edinburgh

So incredibly sad. I watched some interviews of his and he came across as a truly humble and goodhearted man.

Life can change so fast and unexpectedly; cherish the time you have and don't worry about things that aren't worth it, is my mantra.

RIP.

Terrible, terrible news. So shocking.
Thoughts are with his wife and children, and all his family, friends and those who knew him. Our own Lee Evans and Gavin Massey knew him.

Makes me wonder what chance any of us have, if someone in football, physically fit and healthy and surrounded by medical and fitness staff, can pass away like this. Life is so fragile, it really is. Its a lottery.

RIP Justin.

A work mate who supports Spurs said he saw him just last week in the fanzone in Madrid. Who knows what is around the corner. RIP young fella.

When God decides it’s your time to go, that’s it.......nothing we can do to change it

In truth I can't say I knew much about him, but that's not really the point here.

For a fit and healthy guy no doubt (being involved in professional football nowadays that's a given) to pass away at 49 is a tragedy, especially given that he had a very promising career as a manager ahead of him, judging by his performance last season with Orient.

What's far more of a tragedy, though, is that he leaves behind a wife and children. From what I've read and seen, he seemed like a very decent chap. May he rest in peace, and I hope that his family can find some comfort in the fact that at times like this, all of football will come together in sending their best wishes and condolences.

Its actually been a very tough and heartbreaking season, this last one. What, with the Leicester owner tragedy, Peter Skipper passing away, Jose Antonio Reyes death in a car crash last week, and now Justin Edinburgh passing away so suddenly yesterday. It shows more than ever that even though this game we are all enthralled in, this wonderful sport, of passion, desire, artistry, ups and downs, frustration, elation, disappointment, and at times, absolute magic, is just that...a GAME.

Its trivial. At times we all get carried away and lost in that fact, perhaps even the great Bill Shankly was lost in it all, great man that he was. But real life is more important. We all get carried away, we all have views on players...good...mediocre...keep...get rid...same with managers. Theres nothing wrong with opinions...football is a game of opinions. But some times we lose sight of things and end up falling out and bickering with each other. We all get frustrated at times, especially when you go home and think the lads haven't done themselves justice, or have not beaten someone who we expected to. But its just football. These are all human beings, and it should never ever get personal, or abusive. The reality is, any football manager or player goes out on that pitch trying to win the game. They really do. No manager ever sent his team out not to try. Sometimes it works out, other times the opposition manager and players out think yours...its like a game of chess.

I hope we can ALL, myself included, reflect on these things that have happened, the reality of these tragic passings, and next time someone comes and beats us when we dont expect it, and we feel annoyed and worked up, to take a deep breath and then think "ah well...we go again next time".
Its all trivial.

The older I get, the more I can see it. I won't fall out about football with anyone, Wigan supporter, or any other clubs. Life IS too short....these events have all shown this, only too well.

Those are great words and sentiments and also all true but the trouble is remembering them after a stuffing. I'm nowhere near as bad now as I was in the prem when my mood after a loss would ruin the whole weekend for the wife. Even the dog knew when we got a stuffing by how I put the key in the door and used to look at me from under the table with those " it's not my fucking fault you're shit " eyes.

Last edited:
What really annoys me is we have smackheads roaming the streets thieving, never done a days work in their sorry lives, pumping all sorts of shit in to their bodies and nothing happens to em, a good guy like Justin goes too soon.

Sorry for the rant lads, RIP Justin, God Bless.

Very sad news about Justin.
I remember when we beat Gillingham 3-2 at home with a last minute Morgan winner thinking that he came across magnanimous in his post match interview especially under the circumstances of the defeat.

Very sad news about Justin.
I remember when we beat Gillingham 3-2 at home with a last minute Morgan winner thinking that he came across magnanimous in his post match interview especially under the circumstances of the defeat.

One of my top 10 games at the DW that one, only just realised Justin was involved that day.

What really annoys me is we have smackheads roaming the streets thieving, never done a days work in their sorry lives, pumping all sorts of shit in to their bodies and nothing happens to em, a good guy like Justin goes too soon.

Sorry for the rant lads, RIP Justin, God Bless.

Mate, my mum dropped dead at 53, 16 years ago, and yet pissheads and other folk who have never worked are STILL going, still getting pissed, and still sponging all day and have never done a days work. It pisses me right off. Every day I come across people I could gladly belt, who are dropouts and wasters.

But you cant live your life like that.

Mate, my mum dropped dead at 53, 16 years ago

I'm very sorry to hear this. I can't even imagine how I would cope if something like that were to happen to one of my parents. You must have so much mental strength.

As has been said on here, life is short, and we never know when this fantastic gift that has been bestowed upon us will be taken away. Each human being is, statistically, a miracle. What is the probability that out of so many thousands of sperm cells, the single one necessary to create you or I happened to combine with a specific egg cell, and did so at the exact millisecond to result in you or I being born? The chance is so slim that it's staggering even to think about. Yet it happened, we're both here, and we're both speaking to each other, by some incredible stroke of luck.

My point in saying this is that we should all make the most of every minute, because all of us are so unbelievably fortunate to even have a life in the first place, when you think about it philosophically. Life shouldn't be seen as a problem, or a burden, but a gift that we're all so fortunate to be able to experience, and we should treat it as such. I'm so often guilty of overthinking matters, it's just a trait of my personality. Yet when you hear about something like this, it makes you consider just how precarious a situation we are all in. I'm 18, you're in your 40s, other users of this forum are in their 60s. Yet your age doesn't change the fact that everything you know and love can be taken away in the blink of an eye; there simply isn't enough time in this life to torture yourself about things that don't really matter.

We all have a finite amount of time on this Earth, and we all want to be remembered for something. Without professing to know him personally, I'm sure that Justin will be remembered for his dignity, integrity, and inherent goodness.

Last edited: