Justin Edinburgh | Page 3 | Vital Football

Justin Edinburgh

Saw some good football under him and he was just rebuilding his reputation with Orient, totally shocked for someone of his obvious fitness and relative youth to die from a cardiac arrest. RIP.

Echo all the sentiments of earlier posts, genuinely saddened by this news, all thoughts with his family,way too young.

Remember the thumping Christmas wins at Millwall and Swindon, within days of each other.

Absolutely shocking news.

Like others my abiding memory will be that opening day win over Sheff United. Sun was shining, ground was buzzing and we produced one of the best performances I've ever seen from a Gills team.

RIP Justin Edinburgh.

Such shocking news and far too young.

I wasn’t there for all those amazing highs with our club. But Justin was in charge of the team when I saw my only 2 live games in the last 30 years and he lead the club well on both occasions.

Condolences and thoughts with all his family.

RIP Justin, and many thanks.

Very sad news especially for friends and family. His time with us was a mix of highs and lows but I don't see us leading the table again any time soon and he achieved that.

Very young for someone who presumably was fitter than most of us.

Condolences to his friends and family.

I've just read that Justin and his son ran the London marathon this year raising £5,000 for charity. How fit must he have been? Other people live unhealthy lives and live forever. You just never can tell in life, no guarantees unfortunately.

I've just read that Justin and his son ran the London marathon this year raising £5,000 for charity. How fit must he have been? Other people live unhealthy lives and live forever. You just never can tell in life, no guarantees unfortunately.
Perhaps that was a trigger running 26 miles may seem a great thing to do.And I walked that distance a couple of years ago for charity. It was painful I can tell you.Some drive their bodies too hard.I am not saying it was the case with Justin .But as you get older you have to know your limits. That is different for everyone.

Really shocked to hear the news! Feel so sorry for his wife and kids. No age at all :'-(
My mum was an alcoholic and smoked 20 fags a day for 61 years. She's 80 now, and is probably fitter than most on here! Enjoy the time you have on this earth, because you never know when your time is up :-(

I thought I read that although he was supposed to run in it, he ended up pulling out, and only his son ran it.

His reign didn't end the way any of us wanted it to but for a period we played great football and it was very entertaining to watch.

I thought I read that although he was supposed to run in it, he ended up pulling out, and only his son ran it.
Yeah that's right he didn't run it in the end but what I did read is that whilst he was stood in the crowd waiting for his son to run around, he got talking to a sports reporter he had met before as said reporter's sister was also running in the marathon. That same reporter then had to interview Justin earlier on this year and the first thing Justin asked him was how his sister got on in the marathon. Just small things like that show a testament to the man really. Rest in Peace Justin.

Yep, very sad. Nice family club Leyton Orient, always been made to feel welcome in their supporters bar.