Justin Edinburgh | Page 2 | Vital Football

Justin Edinburgh

I’m am so saddened to hear this terrible terrible news. This is truly dreadful
I too was in awe of Gills for that truly wonderful spell when we were top of the league all thanks to Justin and his predecessors.
My heartfelt sympathies to his family and friends such a dreadful loss.

Terrible news at such a young age and with a family.

Not that football matters at such times, and whilst his time with us didn’t end well, his first season in charge gave us some genuine pleasure, pride and hope and for that he’ll be remembered fondly as well as being a very loyal servant as a player to a top club and very good Prem defender.

Horrible horrible news. Leaving a wife and young kids puts everything in perspective.

His time with Gills reached such heights which sadly unraveled but he was working the magic again at Orient.

I know that one remark about overachieving upset some but which one of us has never said anything unwise or unpopular in the course of our duties?

A quiet decent man. RIP Justin.

Truly shocking news and puts life into perspective. As others have said his time here gave us some enjoyable times early on in his reign.

Thoughts are with his friends and family.

RIP Justin.

Horrible news. I'm genuinely upset for his familly. How many of us on here are on "borrowed time" by comparison?

Very sorry to hear abouf this tragic loss. And very impressed by the sincere glowing tributes I have read on the BBC website, especially from his most recent managerial post.

Terribly sad news, having read some of the message of condolence from those who knew him he was clearly a top man. RIP Jed

Memories from our time under Justin Edinburgh. A short time in charge and ultimately let go when things dried up and we had a poor period of months. Star signings let him down.

But fuck me, remember that game at the start of the season when we smashed Sheff UTD? Visiting White Hart Lane with the bulldozers on standby (we’ll ignore the match itself).

He got Dack, Dominic Samuel, Ehmer, Wright, even JET and Rory Donnelly scoring regularly. Remember those thumping wins at home to Fleetwood (midweek, Donnelly run and sublime lob), Southend home (the JET show).

I know Justin Edinburgh didn’t change the history books too much at Gills, but today’s a good day to remember those good games and performances.

If his first year in charge was a full season (rather than the back end of one and 3/4 of another), then we’d have won the league under him. By the time he moved on, I was upset at how far we’d appeared to have fallen but he’s the only one that got us even close to promotion out of this league since returning to it 14 years ago, so he should be remembered for that. Like someone else said above, I just assumed he’d be alright after hearing he was taken ill, and it’s extremely sad to hear that’s not the case. Thoughts go out to his family. RIP Jed.

My best memory of his time was that Watford away League Cup win when Dack won it for us in extra time. Not that many of us there but what a fantastic atmosphere in the away end, my most enjoyable away game in years.

It led to the trip to Spurs where I sat amongst the majority of the TOWIE cast, (guests of Josh Wright), which showed the gulf between our level and the top Premier League teams with Christian Eriksen running the show.

Terrible news, RIP Justin. Like Lark, I will always remember that thrilling victory over Sheff Utd and associate it with Mr Edinburgh