Justin Edinburgh | Vital Football

Justin Edinburgh

Awful at such a young age at 49. Wonder if stresses of football management was a continuing factor

To die at that age of a heart attack after being a professional athlete suggests a genetic or other underlying problem. Whatever the reason, it's way too young.

Very sorry to hear this awful news. Sometimes we moaning and complaining fans just don't understand the stress of football management in the lower leagues where the pay is not great. RIP

I believe he was in Madrid to watch the Champions League final when he was taken ill and rushed to hospital.
A terrible shock, his first 6 months in charge when he had us top of League 1 were great to watch. RIP.

He was taken ill back in Essex Lark by all accounts. Truly shocking news, he was my first choice as manager and I was thrilled when he got the job. The first 18 months were great but sadly it didn't work out. Looks like he was building something good at Orient. Those on Twitter will know his son Charlie idolised him, such sad news.

RIP

What a shock our sincere thoughts are with his family in these difficult times and tbh football aside thoughts with Orient FC we all have banter but we are all one at the day RIP Justin thanks for what you gave football

Such sad news...I found Justin very approachable the couple of times I spoke to him! RIP

Just so shocked by this news. Heard he'd been taken into hospital a few days ago, but you'd assume because he was relatively young, it'd be nothing serious.
RIP Justin.

He was taken ill back in Essex Lark by all accounts. Truly shocking news, he was my first choice as manager and I was thrilled when he got the job. The first 18 months were great but sadly it didn't work out. Looks like he was building something good at Orient. Those on Twitter will know his son Charlie idolised him, such sad news.

RIP

Correct, my mistake. He did watch the final in Madrid on Saturday then was taken ill back in the UK on Monday morning when he suffered a heart attack and had been in hospital since then.
He certainly got the best out of Dack in the diamond formation, that home win over Sheff Utd on the first day of the season 4-0 I think, what a performance that was.
A shame it turned sour between him and Scally at the end, with the employment tribunal over unpaid bonuses.