Just signed QPR striker Charlie Kelman on loan | Vital Football

Just signed QPR striker Charlie Kelman on loan

Let's wait and see 12 hours ago very few of us had ever heard of him. That said well done to PS and SE getting the deal done.

I’ve got Alzheimers and I can remember we was after him last year also early this window, my mate who’s a Southend supporter reckons he’s a great player with a definite eye for goal.

The thing I find exciting about Charlie Kelman is the amount of interest there has been in him.Google his name and most players of his age will have very little written about them. Charlie definitely has something that has sparked that I look forward to seeing him in a Gills shirt.

The thing I find exciting about Charlie Kelman is the amount of interest there has been in him.Google his name and most players of his age will have very little written about them. Charlie definitely has something that has sparked that I look forward to seeing him in a Gills shirt.
I really hope that he doesn’t turn out to be yet another duff loan signing Chris and I really hope that his acquisition doesn’t stifle the development of Sithole who is slightly younger.

I really hope that he doesn’t turn out to be yet another duff loan signing Chris and I really hope that his acquisition doesn’t stifle the development of Sithole who is slightly younger.
If Akindie is going to be another Willock this season then we will need Sithole to appear regularly. Post his bout of Covid I would expect him to regularly appear mainly from the bench.Unless Akindie gets his arse in gear we still have very few options.

If Akinde's contract runs out at the end of this season, we can expect his form to suddenly improve.
I can't see Evans playing that game.Akindie will probably get another chance next week if he is fit.i can definitely see Evans completely resting Oliver or at most put him on the bench.I do think we will field a fairly strong side at Colchester.
Chambers,
Lintott, Ehmer,Bennett, Tutonda,
Carayol, Lee,O'Keefe, Reeves
Kelman,Akindie or Sithole

If Akinde's contract runs out at the end of this season, we can expect his form to suddenly improve.
As it did (surprisingly) at the end of last season, just a shame the only team interested in him was, apparently, not to his liking. I've just accepted that he is going to be second McGammon (and yes, I know it is McCammon, it was a deliberate mistake out of spite) and will hang the flag out at the end of the season when we can finally tell him "you're fired".

I can't see Evans playing that game.Akindie will probably get another chance next week if he is fit.i can definitely see Evans completely resting Oliver or at most put him on the bench.I do think we will field a fairly strong side at Colchester.
Chambers,
Lintott, Ehmer,Bennett, Tutonda,
Carayol, Lee,O'Keefe, Reeves
Kelman,Akindie or Sithole

A great opportunity to impress.
Michael Appleton said to his fringe players at Lincoln
“be ready when I ask you to be ready, because if you’re not, I probably won’t ask again”

As it did (surprisingly) at the end of last season, just a shame the only team interested in him was, apparently, not to his liking. I've just accepted that he is going to be second McGammon (and yes, I know it is McCammon, it was a deliberate mistake out of spite) and will hang the flag out at the end of the season when we can finally tell him "you're fired".

Another McCammon? You’re kidding surely alexflp? That’s very harsh imho.

Not sure McC ever put in a shift, whereas John Akinde has definitely had some excellent games in Gills colours. He’s had some games where everyone has said he was unplayable. You are comparing chalk and cheese.

And the current situation is all purely speculation on fans part. He just may just turn out to be injured after all and put in some decent performances over the season. Although won’t stop some fans calling him a “waste of space” every time he has a less than decent game.

Here’s hoping he does prove some fans wrong 🤞

As it did (surprisingly) at the end of last season, just a shame the only team interested in him was, apparently, not to his liking.

The team not to his liking happens to be in a lower league so not wanting to drop down a level is a perfectly valid reason for turning them down.

It should be noted that he is on the transfer list at the decision of Steve Evans and not the actual player. Akinde didn't ask to be transfer listed. There is always this general expectation from sections of supporters that players unwanted should do what is best for the club rather than what is best for them. Having been told they are free to go, there is no moral obligation for the players to think of anyone but what is best for them.

I do wonder if Akinde's form is impacted by the mixed message of "We don't rate you so will listen to offers" and actually regularly playing him. At this point I would just take him off the list, tell him he is wanted and see if you can get a bit more commitment.

The team not to his liking happens to be in a lower league so not wanting to drop down a level is a perfectly valid reason for turning them down.

It should be noted that he is on the transfer list at the decision of Steve Evans and not the actual player. Akinde didn't ask to be transfer listed. There is always this general expectation from sections of supporters that players unwanted should do what is best for the club rather than what is best for them. Having been told they are free to go, there is no moral obligation for the players to think of anyone but what is best for them.

I do wonder if Akinde's form is impacted by the mixed message of "We don't rate you so will listen to offers" and actually regularly playing him. At this point I would just take him off the list, tell him he is wanted and see if you can get a bit more commitment.
He can't go anywhere till January so what you say make sense. However you can't give a player endless chances. Tuesday is a opportunity if he is fit to play then I am sure Evans will consider him.But if he is falling short and not completely focused I would prefer to try to manage without him.But as I said on another post it is his choice. I can't see Evans risking playing him in a league match until he proves he is at least going to give it a go in a cup game.Games are fast running for him.