Juan Foyth - Player Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

Juan Foyth - Player Thread

i imagine Foyth is pretty fluent in Portuguese because of the closeness to Spanish
Having worked in both Portugal and Spain I can say that the Portuguese have a talent for languages and have little trouble with both English and Spanish...the Spanish do have problems with Portuguese because although words are similar, albeit usually with vowels missing, the pronunciation is a complete mystery to most other nationalities....I went for a haircut in Lisbon and asked in my halting Spanish for shorter hair...this translated in Portuguese to Dog’s hair and that was the cut I got.

Having worked in both Portugal and Spain I can say that the Portuguese have a talent for languages and have little trouble with both English and Spanish...the Spanish do have problems with Portuguese because although words are similar, albeit usually with vowels missing, the pronunciation is a complete mystery to most other nationalities....I went for a haircut in Lisbon and asked in my halting Spanish for shorter hair...this translated in Portuguese to Dog’s hair and that was the cut I got.

hahaha.

I speak a fair bit of Spanish though a bit rusty these days. I can understand a little bit of Portuguese when it's written but as you say the pronunciation is so different I get close to nothing when it's spoken.

iirc Brazilian Portuguese is a touch easier to understand for Spanish speakers as their pronunciation is closer to S. American Spanish but is still tricky.

I think Foyth can look back at this week favourably. Good to see Jose using him at the end of the game.