Juan Foyth Could Become Our Second Signing | Page 3 | Vital Football

Juan Foyth Could Become Our Second Signing

My guess is he won't get anywhere near the first team this season. He's a very raw talent but looks a very good young talent. It's a big move for such a young lad too so I doubt we'll see him this season.

Kinygerbils - 13/7/2017 15:28

Will he get a work permit?

or is he "Italian"

He'll probably get one of those "future talent" permits that mean he will have to play for his national team a certain number of times or he'll fail to get a work permit in the future. Someone else on here probably knows how those work better than me.

Matic - 13/7/2017 15:21

My guess is he won't get anywhere near the first team this season. He's a very raw talent but looks a very good young talent. It's a big move for such a young lad too so I doubt we'll see him this season.

I'm hoping he hits the ground running like Dier. He was either 19/20 when we first signed him. Of course if we sign Mawson of Gibson then it won't matter much.

Real Deal - 13/7/2017 15:37

Matic - 13/7/2017 15:21

I'm hoping he hits the ground running like Dier. He was either 19/20 when we first signed him. Of course if we sign Mawson of Gibson then it won't matter much.

It is very unlikely that he will. From what I've been told about him he is a very ambitious lad who works very hard, so he could adapt fairly quickly, but a move from Argentina to England at 19y/o is a big change so he will be given time to settle.

Another factor is that he is being pushed out the door by Estudiantes. He's possibly not ready for a move but he is their brightest talent and they need to sell someone very quickly for various reasons.

With regards to Dier - he is English, had played in England and was already an establish member of the Sporting set-up. He was always likely to hit the ground running.

All valid points. But we don't know how the lad will react. He might have a strong mentality and adapt quickly.

Either way looks like we need a CB with more experience. One that can hit the ground running.

80deg16minW - 19/8/2017 13:29

Kinygerbils - 19/8/2017 12:54

If this is done what next for CCV?

Sold.

Loan. Which is exactly what he needs, CB's mature much slower than any other player on the pitch, it's the key position where experience can matter beyond all else.

Foyth is not ready for first team football, he will be training with the squad and loaned out himself at some point.

Spursex - 19/8/2017 15:06

80deg16minW - 19/8/2017 13:29

Kinygerbils - 19/8/2017 12:54

If this is done what next for CCV?

Sold.

Loan. Which is exactly what he needs, CB's mature much slower than any other player on the pitch, it's the key position where experience can matter beyond all else.

Told you it would be a loan :17:

Nick Real Deal - 26/8/2017 19:04

Foyth is thought to have boarded a plane to London this morning.

From all that I have read about this deal in the last week, I swear the lad has been on a plane all week! Will it ever land?!

Matic - 27/8/2017 10:14

Nick Real Deal - 26/8/2017 19:04

Foyth is thought to have boarded a plane to London this morning.

From all that I have read about this deal in the last week, I swear the lad has been on a plane all week! Will it ever land?!

It's gone via Bermuda....

Speaking to Argentinian newspaper El Dia, Foyth is quoted as saying: "It's a club that bets on the young and I think I'm going to have a chance to play.

Foyth is a regular in Argentina's U20 side
Foyth is a regular in Argentina's U20 side
"I also spoke with Mauricio Pochettino and I liked what he said. It was what helped me decide that Tottenham was the right place to continue my career.

"He told me to go, train and that I would be involved I would play. He also told me what the club was like, what job idea it had."

Looks like we have got him. At this moment in time I just can't get excited about this signing. He is so young and we are signing so many defenders.