Juan Foyth Could Become Our Second Signing | Page 2 | Vital Football

Juan Foyth Could Become Our Second Signing

Spursex - 19/7/2017 11:43

Bald Archie - 18/7/2017 18:07

80 there is truth in what you say, but the Acadamy was set-up as a money making part of the business plan, with more investment / planning than is the case with just about any other academy. It should therefore produce better than the average and may well be doing that up to a certain point. I watch them a fair bit and see players who look good enough for first-team chances (not Onomah) that they don't get, or get a few years after they look ready to step-up.

This is why I have said before that I think there is something wrong in our system at this point. My guess is the bottleneck is Porky, not trusting the younger ones, despite this false image he has been given.

How much McDermott controls who goes into the first-team squad I don't know, but you seem to be saying that if the clubs manager and controller of, amongst other things, the first-team squad wants a couple of Academy lads to step-up into his squad and McD doesn't agree, then it doesn't happen. I find that hard to believe.

Show us your analysis of our academy spend in our accounts, then show us how you've compared it to other PL clubs to support your (once again) erroneous contentions...

And then show us how you think we acquire young potential talent (and ashow us your understanding of the recruitment Rules and Regs and what impact that's had) and why we should be producing way above all the historical norms.

Then show us how many players have come through our academy, how much playing time they've had the frequency in which they've made the breakthrough under which manager and then we can look at the actual truth of Poch being a 'bottleneck'..

Do that, and instead of simply making stuff up to suit your argument, we can all see the truth of it.
What a smart arse you think you are.

1. As you state that my contention that we have spend more than just about any other club on the Academy is (once again) erroneous, I assume you have all the facts and figures yourself. Please produce them to short-cut the matter as I am sure that we would all like to see.

2. Please show me exactly where I have said that our Academy should 'be producing way above all the historical norms.'

3. I said that I suspect Porky is the bottleneck. That is not a statement of fact. On which note why do I not see you picking other peoples posts to pieces when they state something / give an opinion that is not accompanied by a dry and boring list of statistics?

Real Deal - 27/7/2017 20:59

Seems the lads parents want him to join us as we might play him more often so he can progress....

RD, it's a third party issue all over again - and you know Levy he just won't bend the rules of risk breaking them..

Interesting to see what happens next.

I wonder if this one will annoy Mopo most given his position and nationality

Seems we have taken to long. I'm not to fussed as he won't get any game time this season anyway but the way this transfer window is heading it doesn't look good.

Is Levy still involved with the transfer dealings?

Real Deal - 19/7/2017 20:37

Seems we have taken to long. I'm not to fussed as he won't get any game time this season anyway but the way this transfer window is heading it doesn't look good.

Is Levy still involved with the transfer dealings?

From what I've read, it wasn't Levy messing this transfer up. His club where asking for more money, to be loaned back for at least 6 months and then they also wanted a sell on clause in the deal as well. Plus it has turned out (like most south American players) there are also 3rd party ownership issues.

If this deal doesn't come off, then I don't blame Levy for walking away when we are taking all of the risk.

I'm not bothered about this deal was just curious to know if Levy is still involved with transfers. Seems he is then. Cheers for the heads up. :35:

I imagine that old habits just won't go away for Levy!

I don't know if he's directly involved with transfers any more, just read that where massive complications to this deal. Although you real what you sow, and Levy is known for his tough negotiation stance and for changing goalposts on deals, so he can't complain when someone does it to him!

Exactly rk. He has rinsed many clubs over the years so he can't expect an easy ride.

There have been a few decent transfers for good prices this summer. The prem does have an extra 50% fee it seems.

I always welcome this type of signing. 19 is a great age to be in and around our squad knowing that Toby and Jan are an awesome partnership. They won't go on forever and the ages and abilities of CCV and Foyth would mean they can be patient and take their chances when they get them. Let's hope it happens.

The cynical ones amongst us might think the deal was never on. Just a smokescreen to make it look like the club is active in the market other then selling.

muttley - 16/7/2017 12:57

I always welcome this type of signing. 19 is a great age to be in and around our squad knowing that Toby and Jan are an awesome partnership. They won't go on forever and the ages and abilities of CCV and Foyth would mean they can be patient and take their chances when they get them. Let's hope it happens.

I like this signing if the balance in the squad is right.

Just say Vert and Toby get injured, our options at present are poor. Wimmer is not wanted, Dier is not good enough at CB, CCV isn't ready. If we bring in some experience to go with this lad then I'm all for it.

Poch probably does care because there will be a budget and he and Levy will have a plan for where they most want that budget to go. The plan will be to make our transfer kitty go as far as possible... which would explain why we haven't launched into spending insane figures yet and are risking later approaches when fees might drop.

I know this is from the daily mail, but there are direct quotes from the player himself. This looks like it could be our first signing, impressive young CB capable of playing the ball out from the back...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4690128/amp/Tottenham-close-Argentina-U20-centre-Juan-Foyth.html

Tottenham close in on Argentina U20 centre back Juan Foyth as they near £8m agreement with Estudiantes president Juan Sebastian Veron

Fee's can also go the over way, and get more expensive as the team might not want to sell as they won't have time to buy anyone in.

It's a shite tactic and 9 times of 10 fails miserably.

Never heard of him or seen him play. Is he ready to play first team football? If he isn't at this stage that is not good enough. We need players who can play from the word go.