Juan Foyth Could Become Our Second Signing | Page 4 | Vital Football

Juan Foyth Could Become Our Second Signing

Good stuff, will really help us break down those packed defenses

We seem to be adopting the opposite to the Liverpool approach. Sign up all the defenders and just stop people scoring.

Perhaps Poch recognises our defence needs rebuilding. Walker gone, Rose either Crocked or gone, Toby and Jan getting older. Maybe he is seeing the future.

He still hasn't signed a wing back yet. For his system to work to the maximum doesn't anyone else find that strange?

As it stands we don not have one wing back at the club that will be here long term.

MARKYBOYSPUR - 27/8/2017 19:35

Great another defender just what we need.

So the fact that there's a more immediate need for, say, a winger, a wing back and a striker, should put any other transfer activity on hold?

Foyth is a cb for the future, whom I imagine Pochettino believes could become world class. Whether this will happen, I am clueless since I have never seen him play.

Imo I think a club like THFC should be able to walk and chew gum. It seems a deal for Aurier is forthcoming, and I wouldn't be surprised if an attacking player is signed. Things are not so bad at the club that they need to completely panic and pay no heed to the future.

Bienvenu17 - 28/8/2017 17:59

So the fact that there's a more immediate need for, say, a winger, a wing back and a striker, should put any other transfer activity on hold?

Foyth is a cb for the future, whom I imagine Pochettino believes could become world class. Whether this will happen, I am clueless since I have never seen him play.

Imo I think a club like THFC should be able to walk and chew gum. It seems a deal for Aurier is forthcoming, and I wouldn't be surprised if an attacking player is signed. Things are not so bad at the club that they need to completely panic and pay no heed to the future.

That's exactly what it means in a realistic world.

We already have 3 CB's, including one for the future. What we also have is a limited transfer budget, which makes other positions - such as a RB and an AM - more pressing.

If Wimmer goes for £18M and we bring in Foyth for £8M then that's another £10M we can throw towards an attacking signing. Similarly if we buy Aurier for £23M and Sold Walks for £50M that brings our like for like spend this window to £-37M without necessarily weakeining our team (Aurier could be better or worse than Walks, same re: Foyth and Wimmer). Don't love how we've gone about our business at all but if we can pull off a decent pacey attacking signing late in the window and confirm Foyth and Aurier I'll be happy. If we do that + Barkley and Sancho I'll be very happy.

Pollo - 28/8/2017 18:59

We already have 3 CB's, including one for the future. What we also have is a limited transfer budget, which makes other positions - such as a RB and an AM - more pressing.

So in your realistic world we make no long term investments, only look out for the here and now - gotcha. So by that logic, we should never had Walker, but at least we could say the club is living up to Pollo's notion of a realistic world - but hey at least we can take comfort in the fact that we have Rose and Alli at the club, who, like Walker and now Foyth, were brought in as teenagers with regard to their potential.

Long term thinking, no place in a "realistic world" - you heard it here folks!

Bienvenu17 - 29/8/2017 02:48

Pollo - 28/8/2017 18:59

So in your realistic world we make no long term investments, only look out for the here and now - gotcha. So by that logic, we should never had Walker, but at least we could say the club is living up to Pollo's notion of a realistic world - but hey at least we can take comfort in the fact that we have Rose and Alli at the club, who, like Walker and now Foyth, were brought in as teenagers with regard to their potential.

Long term thinking, no place in a "realistic world" - you heard it here folks!

Oh, don't we all love the False Dilemma fallacy, spiced up with a little Ad Hominem.

I'll try again, but I'm sure it would be futile as my previous attempt. We have 3 CB's already not including Foyth & Dier. If we want transfer funds to bring the next Rose and Alli we have to prioritise. We only have 1 RB and no viable AM option from the bench, so spending money we don't have on a position we currently don't need makes little sense.

In an ideal world we would have no fund limits, but this isn't an ideal world. We need to strike a balance between buying for the future and buying for now - a balance which we seem to know little about.

We invest in the future and that is what we have done for a decade. All our most successful players have been signed up as 'future potential' whilst all our worst signings have been the 'here and now' players. Every so often we bag ourselves a VdV but not often enough. It is definitely a balance we struggle with but sometimes it works in our advantage e.g - Soldado flopping meant Kane got his chance to step up.

I think people will be surprised with Foyth. I don't think he will dislodge Jan any time soon but I wouldn't be surprised to see him make a decent case to start in his absence if needed.

I try not to judge defenders playing in the argentine or brazil leagues until I see them in a good league. Plus he has only played 7 times for his club.

Tottenham Hotspur FC has have signed defender Juan Foyth from Estudiantes on a five-year deal.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7523470">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>