Journo claims Conte gets who he wants... | Page 2 | Vital Football

Journo claims Conte gets who he wants...

Final say, absolutely.

I worry most about the pair of them talking each other into some older signings or misfits from abroad. Older players seem to thrive better in leagues like Serie A than they do in the Prem. We need to avoid them like the plague.

If Conte wants to start nominating names rather than just gaps in his squad, I hope he can figure out what works in the Prem. He's only actually had 2 years in his entire playing and management career outside of Italy. He doesn't suddenly become an expert in our league.

No but he turned Moses into a decent RWB so he has something about him.

Like you I want to rebuild the 1st 11 with players from the ages of 20-25.

No but he turned Moses into a decent RWB so he has something about him.

Like you I want to rebuild the 1st 11 with players from the ages of 20-25.

Moses did was show his qualities in pre-season, and was already owned by the club. Conte didn't buy him from abroad but gave him a chance after being loaned out.

The craziest thing is that Conte joined in Apr 16 and sold Salah in the summer before his league winning season. It could have been Hazard, Costa, Salah in that line-up as a front 3.

Moses did was show his qualities in pre-season, and was already owned by the club. Conte didn't buy him from abroad but gave him a chance after being loaned out.

The craziest thing is that Conte joined in Apr 16 and sold Salah in the summer before his league winning season. It could have been Hazard, Costa, Salah in that line-up as a front 3.

That's nearly as bad as old Harry saying Suarez would never make it in the Premier league. Aha

I did laugh...now we're after another player according to the Spanish press, who was also burnt out by the PL, and has never ever recovered his form...:

more here: https://metro.co.uk/2021/11/11/anto...zard-for-tottenham-15583434/?ito=newsnow-feed

Antonio Conte turns down offer to sign ex-Chelsea star Eden Hazard for Tottenham

Metro Sport Reporter
Thursday 11 Nov 2021 12:58 pm
Antonio Conte has turned down Daniel Levy’s offer to sign Eden Hazard for Tottenham, according to reports in Spain.
Conte has been promised funds to improve his squad in the January transfer window with Fiorentina striker Dusan Vlahovic understood to be on the Italian’s shortlist.
Hazard, meanwhile, has struggled to make an impact at Real Madrid since his £88.5 million move from Chelsea in 2019.
Carlo Ancelotti has already indicated that he would not stand in Hazard’s way if he did want to leave Madrid in the January transfer window.
Newcastle United and Chelsea have both been linked with a move for Hazard, but El Chiringuito now claims that Tottenham have also been monitoring the Belgium international’s situation at Madrid.
It’s claimed that Levy is keen on the idea of bringing Hazard to Tottenham, however, Conte is not supportive of the move as he was unhappy with the 30-year-old’s effort levels during their time together at Chelsea.
Instead, Conte has suggested to Levy that he makes a push to bring Gareth Bale back to Spurs.
‘Daniel Levy would like to take a Real Madrid player who is always injured,’ Spanish journalist Eduardo Inda told El Chiringuito.
‘He wanted to sign Eden Hazard, but Conte has told him ‘no’ because he knows him from when he trained at Chelsea and says that he has little intensity and that he is not a very hard worker.
‘The most striking thing is the player that Conte has asked Levy to take him to London. He is Gareth Bale.
‘Bale ends his contract at the end of the season, but in winter he would not be free.’
Hazard, who was part of Conte’s side which won the Premier League title in 2017, later admitted that he was unhappy with the Italian’s ‘rigid’ reign.
‘When you meet Italian coaches like I did you are less happy,’ said the Belgian.
‘They are more rigid and repetitive. You find pleasure in victory. I spent three years with Italian coaches so to rediscover this pleasure again makes me happy.’

If Antonio is thinking that Hazard and Bale are the players who can get us into cl and win a trophy then I am really worried. RM would have to pay there wages and give us a fee for taking them. I

If Antonio is thinking that Hazard and Bale are the players who can get us into cl and win a trophy then I am really worried. RM would have to pay there wages and give us a fee for taking them. I

Dont worry, he's not.

Anything transfer-wise going on now, is a continuation of things from before. There hasn't been any developed plans to target any specific players that Conte may want, yet. Regardless of the reports, the man is totally concerned & more than busy enough evaluating the squad he currently has. Until that is done, and he knows what the actual deal with his players is, then they'll be looking to reinforce or replace the positions that need it. Anything stating otherwise it bs.

now, FAbio is workin like a horse, and he knows his friend well, and no doubt they'd be on the same page generally. So some of Fabio's dealing will run right in line with expected Conte targets.

Hazard & Bale are not the kind of players Fabio is looking at...... Until the last second...

....but, Conte may decide he does have everything he needs. STrAngEr tHiNGs......

Gonna get an experienced top-class CB tho, that's a given.

Personally I think FFP will be toothless for a few years.

The existing system is not fit for purpose according to UEFA themselves and the new system won't be introduced until the end of the year at the earliest. Given how long it will take to bed this system in and to allow the clubs time to make the necessary financial adjustments, I can't see it being fully operational for 4 or 5 years.

believe that was under advisement from one of Spurs sharpest minds, Tim "nice" but dim

It was actually David Pleat who was our overseas head of scouting at the time - and had been sent to have a detailed look before we made a bid - Harry really wanted him, but Pleat told Levy," he'd never make it in the PL as he's too slight!"...Harry was apoplectic - I asked him about all this and other stuff after golf do a while back and even then, years later he almost exploded lol!

Pleat and Harry never got on after that.

It was actually David Pleat who was our overseas head of scouting at the time - and had been sent to have a detailed look before we made a bid - Harry really wanted him, but Pleat told Levy," he'd never make it in the PL as he's too slight!"...Harry was apoplectic - I asked him about all this and other stuff after golf do a while back and even then, years later he almost exploded lol!

Pleat and Harry never got on after that.

Ah that's a shame, it was on my list of reasons to rationally dislike Sherwood. Still a couple of pages long mind...