Journeymen v Railwaymen | Page 4 | Vital Football

Journeymen v Railwaymen

Excellent result and fully deserved. Important to back up the last two and I think there was was a little fatigue but they got the job done. Said it previously, I think it’s remarkable we are in with a shout of survival. Of course the players deserve credit but for me a huge amount goes to Richardson and Ricoh, regardless of the final outcome. They’ve worked miracles really given how they’ve fashioned a team. However the job is not done yet so we need to be focusing on another winnable fixture Tuesday.

Lee Evans man of the match pulling the strings but a good all round performance from everyone.
Luke Robinson doing a job but played couple of sloppy passes.
A good day.

Didn't watch the game today, but it sounded like a solid performance and it's definitely a massive result. Seems we're hitting our stride at just the right time; probably has a lot to do with finally having a settled squad for a couple of months, but that's not to take anything away from Leam Richardson, who I think has done a brilliant job this season in very trying circumstances. It's still far from over and no-one should be counting their chickens yet, but we have a 4 point buffer to the drop zone now, so we can at least know that it's in our own hands, even with the likelihood of losing to champions in waiting Hull factored in.

Great day today. Just hope the lads can keep up the momentum for the remaining four games; IF we survive this season, I have a feeling that next season could be a very different story to this season's nightmare.

On a separate note, may His Royal Highness the Duke of Edinburgh rest in well deserved peace after after his many decades of loyalty and service to our country.

We really need to watch Rochdale- easiest fixtures, better goal difference, game in hand and used to going on last minute runs to stay in L1.

Wimbledon game in hand also a big factor.

We've got ourself in a very good position for sure but if we slip up and results go against us in the games in hand we could end up out of our hands with hardly any time to claw in back.

We've got to just keep doing our bit and not rely on others faltering- this time of year the bottom sides are fighting for their lives against mid table sides on beach and promotion teams feeling the pressure - so there will be shock results yet.

I would hope that as a club, we have learned from last season and wont leave ourselves in a position where a goal 40 minutes from time puts us down.

Last edited:
Got to say I've been critical of Will Keane of late n have to say last two games he's certainly turned it around, especially today where he was tracking back, tackling like a defender & putting himself about. Cuda been motm had Tilt / Evans not produced such good displays today. Hope he can carry on doing this n maybe get a few more goals to boot.....