Jota's Season | Vital Football

Jota's Season

Spanish Bee

Vital Youth Team
https://www.vavel.com/es/futbol/eibar/719708-jota-peleteiro-de-titular-a-marginado.html

This is a fairly detailed article explaining what has gone wrong with Jota's season. In fact it is so detailed that I can't be bothered to translate it on a Sunday morning.

Basically what it says is the Eibar coach has changed the system from 4-2-3-1 to 4-4-2 with a more direct style and so Jota isn't even getting on the bench. On the few occasions when he has played he has been pretty effective, but since the new style of play is bringing success, he is unlikely to get much game time in the near future. As a matter of interest, Eibar scrapped their B team a few seasons ago, so I don't know what he is doing apart from training.

If you really struggle with the article and Google translate does something really weird, feel free to ask.

When doesn't Google Translate do weird stuff? If you had seen some of the stuff I've said to French (female) friends thanks to that you'd never use it again lol.

Cheers for the info, Spanish. I get the feeling we may well be trying to get him back in transfer window time, I also get the impression he would jump at the chance to return. BUT. Under international loans, can we call back early? Rules are different apparently. God knows we need him.

Love some of those weird translations - saw something on Jota's situation recently (maybe this) that cracked me up.
Anyway we need to bring Jota back and for the benefit of both parties there seems little to lose. Our lack of creative spark particularly in the wide positions is hurting us.

It would give us such a lift too, too much apathy around atm.

Good point, Rebel. It would give a massive and much needed lift. Hopefully to the crowd too. The atmosphere at Griffin Park has been lacking lately. Saturday, the crowd were dead until the team lifted them. That's the crowd's job, to lift the team not vice versa. Hopefully the return of Jota would pump some much needed support from the home crowd.

Agreed CB, although the away support at Villa was as good as I've known it - Loftus Rd too. everyone is a bit edgy at GP, about a lot of stuff - jeez some are even talking of walking away over this new badge drama.

Imagine Jota and Judge back in the side, we'd look a whole lot better imo. It may not work out with Jota but there is absolutely nothing to lose if he's up for it.

After that injury Judge may not come back the player he was. Jota, I would hope would be out to prove himself. Anything is better than the sh*t we were dealt up today.

Somebody did make a pretty good comment on Facebook the other day, something I had said to Sean a few times. The opposition had sussed Jota out to a great extent. Force him onto his right foot and he's got nothing A good point that I know Jota was working on, I hope he continued to do so lol.