Joshua World Title fight at Spurs. | Page 2 | Vital Football

Joshua World Title fight at Spurs.

Usyk is still a bit of an unknown at heavyweight.

He beat a good Cruiserweight in Bellew though so I'm again intrigued to see how he progresses against a higher calibre boxer in AJ.
Yeah, you are right, and Derek Chisora did physically bully him somewhat in their fight. What I will say is that Bellew boxed as well as he ever had in that fight before the heavy knockout.

AJ might be going through the same evolution as Lennox did in the Nineties after his KO loss to McCall. I know people want to see action from the first bell, but I wouldn't mind if AJ stayed the boxer puncher and refined that style making it his own, rather than hunting for a quick KO ... unless it presents itself that is.

On a different note, anyone else recall the last big fight at the Lane? I remember Bruno vs Bugner and Eubank vs Watson, after that, I'm blank.

Yeah, you are right, and Derek Chisora did physically bully him somewhat in their fight. What I will say is that Bellew boxed as well as he ever had in that fight before the heavy knockout.

AJ might be going through the same evolution as Lennox did in the Nineties after his KO loss to McCall. I know people want to see action from the first bell, but I wouldn't mind if AJ stayed the boxer puncher and refined that style making it his own, rather than hunting for a quick KO ... unless it presents itself that is.

On a different note, anyone else recall the last big fight at the Lane? I remember Bruno vs Bugner and Eubank vs Watson, after that, I'm blank.

Some great names there.

Lewis for me is a top 5 heavyweight of all time. Probably higher. Maybe even top 3. He beat everyone he faced.

I loved Eubank. Before the Watson tragedy he was a animal. He lost that killer instinct after that.

Was never a fan of Bruno. Overhyped for me. Great specimen of a man mind.

Tyson was in his head rent free for decades. Still is after the interview I read a few weeks back.

Some great names there.

Lewis for me is a top 5 heavyweight of all time. Probably higher. Maybe even top 3. He beat everyone he faced.

I loved Eubank. Before the Watson tragedy he was a animal. He lost that killer instinct after that.

Was never a fan of Bruno. Overhyped for me. Great specimen of a man mind.

Tyson was in his head rent free for decades. Still is after the interview I read a few weeks back.
Definitely agree with you on Lewis. I remember staying up late nights watching his comeback trail with the likes of Tommy Morrison, Shannon Briggs and the teak tough Ray Mercer. He was the last man standing in his era, beat everyone he faced and even shook Bowe enough for that guy to toss his belt in the trash rather than face him. I also remember there being a lot of naysayers about Lennox after the McCall fight and the fact that he had fought for Canada in the Olympics, and it was only after he'd been retired that it dawned on many just what a great boxer he was.

I might be a bit older than you, because I remember watching an up and coming Bruno as a little nipper and thinking he'd wipe all before him. My Old Man told me no way, too much muscle, that's useless! lol He was right, too.

And that Benn/Eubank/Watson rivalry will live with me forever. Just wish they had fought the Americans James Toney and Roy Jones Jnr at the time ... but as ever in boxing, politics ruins everything!

Definitely agree with you on Lewis. I remember staying up late nights watching his comeback trail with the likes of Tommy Morrison, Shannon Briggs and the teak tough Ray Mercer. He was the last man standing in his era, beat everyone he faced and even shook Bowe enough for that guy to toss his belt in the trash rather than face him. I also remember there being a lot of naysayers about Lennox after the McCall fight and the fact that he had fought for Canada in the Olympics, and it was only after he'd been retired that it dawned on many just what a great boxer he was.

I might be a bit older than you, because I remember watching an up and coming Bruno as a little nipper and thinking he'd wipe all before him. My Old Man told me no way, too much muscle, that's useless! lol He was right, too.

And that Benn/Eubank/Watson rivalry will live with me forever. Just wish they had fought the Americans James Toney and Roy Jones Jnr at the time ... but as ever in boxing, politics ruins everything!

Tyson paid Lewis 5m plus to step aside in the mid 90s as well. So many politics.