Josh Parker really is a lazy so and so. | Vital Football

Josh Parker really is a lazy so and so.

Max.Headroom

Vital Reserves Team
While watching Lists goal against Burton on ifollow I could see why List was forced to go it alone. When List received the ball on the left Parker was level with him in the middle. As List sprinted away Parker just trotted forward with no attempt to keep up with play.
If you can't be bothered to get into the box with 2 against 3 what use are you as a striker to anyone? I recall him saying the other week he only made a run into the box so he wouldn't get moaned at. Unbelievable.
If I were manager I would drop him for someone prepared to put in a bit of effort.

It could be possible that Parker was given a job to do in order to keep shape etc, we seem to be better sitting back and hitting teams on the counter. He is a frustrating player at times but to say he's lazy is bollocks imo.

Strange, I thought, from the seconds I saw of the List goal, it was List that wet down the left hand side, with an opden pitch.
Didn't see Parker on the highlights!

I'd love to see Wilkinson come good and do a SBT but i won't be holding my breath.

He clearly has talent and he is still young so there is a chance he could come good but it'll probably not be in a Gills' shirt. What'll probably happen is that he'll pop up once or twice every season to score against us. Given the abuse he's received from a lot of our support, that'll probably please him no end.

Saunter, shrug, point, moan and complain are just some of the words that could describe what Wilkinson did in a Gills shirt apart from once in a blue moon when he scored.

I'd love to see Wilkinson come good and do a SBT but i won't be holding my breath.

He clearly has talent and he is still young so there is a chance he could come good but it'll probably not be in a Gills' shirt. What'll probably happen is that he'll pop up once or twice every season to score against us. Given the abuse he's received from a lot of our support, that'll probably please him no end.

Or perhaps twice in one game, and at League One level:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37414819

Saunter, shrug, point, moan and complain are just some of the words that could describe what Wilkinson did in a Gills shirt apart from once in a blue moon when he scored.

Considering how shite our midfield, and the service they provide, is according to some, maybe he had good reason. That could also be what Max has detected in Parker.

Eaves has still managed to score but he is a different type of player that suits our style and not Yeovil's where he scored 4 in 40 in his last season.
He has also been given unbroken runs in the team unlike Wilkinson.

It all boils down to who the Manager rates and what system he decides to play. Horses for courses.

I`d never call Josh Parker lazy. He did plenty off the ball at Burton and some of that may not have been evident from watching the iPlayer coverage. I`d also agree with Billy Bleach`s comments about game planning.

Dagenham and Redbridge of the National league, yeah. While Conor was in a Gills shirt he didn't look to be giving 100% the fact he's come back from his loan and not even made our bench is telling.
I think Steve will want to see an increased effort from him in training etc. before giving Wilkinson a run of games again.

Bromley, I`m not Wilko`s biggest fan, by any means, but the fact is he did do well at Dagenham. Yes, it`s the National League but there are plenty of strikers who were in the National League last year piling up the goals in L1 and L2 this season. I`m not sure he would fit back in to the Gills first team but it`s fair to give him some credit for applying himself and getting his scoring boots back.

Bromley, I`m not Wilko`s biggest fan, by any means, but the fact is he did do well at Dagenham. Yes, it`s the National League but there are plenty of strikers who were in the National League last year piling up the goals in L1 and L2 this season.

I`m not sure he would fit back in to the Gills first team but it`s fair to give him some credit for applying himself and getting his scoring boots back.

I've said it before but Wilkinson is a forward who jogs into space, wants to receive the ball to feet and then contributes from there in a Berbatov type way. Most of the time when he is on we are lumping it forward at height and positions that tends to play in the defender's hands (or rather their heads).

From the few comments I have seen from Dagenham fans, they are passing the ball to him rather than expect him to chase wayward punts and have therefore seen the benefits.

I would agree with you that he won't fit back into the first team as we simply don't play in a system that suits his style of play. He'll end up having a decent career in league one and two with teams looking to pass the ball to feet.

If he does feature again, then it'll be because Eaves has left although I would hope we change tactics and not continue to play as if we still have a lump like Eaves up front.