Jose to go mole hunting..? | Vital Football

Jose to go mole hunting..?

Spursex

Alert Team
Tuchel is a modern manager won't make mistake as Jose Mourinho did at Chelsea
The Chelsea head coach isn't going to follow in Jose Mourinho's footsteps and attempt to stop and find out who is spreading information from within his squad

It was trademark Jose Mourinho. The Portuguese had just watched his Chelsea side lose 2-1 to eventual Premier League champions Leicester City, a result which left the Blues just one place above the relegation zone.

Yet instead of accepting any blame for the situation, Mourinho went on the attack. (It was vintage distraction techniques for his own failings as a coach. He'd spent much of that season blaming the players, and they'd stopped playing for him).

"One of my best qualities is to read the game for my players and I feel like my work was betrayed," said Mourinho. "One possibility is that I did an amazing job last season and brought the players to a level that is not their level and now they can't maintain it."

The following day, The Times claimed Mourinho was furious with a mole leaking team information. It came as no surprise when Chelsea sacked their most successful coach 48 hours later.

Mourinho, of course, landed on his feet. He went on to take charge of Manchester United and is now at the helm of Chelsea's fiercest rivals Tottenham Hotspur. But the success he enjoyed at Stamford Bridge has eluded him.

Instead, Mourinho has become something of a relic. A coach left behind by younger, more attack-minded coaches. Not that he would accept that analysis, of course.

And when results have tended to go awry in recent years, Mourinho always looked outwards as to why rather than undertake any serious introspection. (He'd often pick on a different player after each poor result).

There was a mole at Manchester United too in the Portuguese's eyes, one who also leaked information. At Tottenham, meanwhile, Mourinho has become concerned about a player leaking negative stories about his poor training sessions, according to the Daily Mail.

The 58-year-old's search is unlikely to be overly beneficial. In the social media age, there have been more channels through which information can come out of a club. It is not as simple as Player A telling Journalist B.

Fortunately in Thomas Tuchel, Chelsea have a head coach who understands that.

The German has just gone through his hardest four days as Blues boss. He tasted defeat for the first time on Saturday and in a rather spectacular style: his side, down to ten men after the dismissal of Thiago Silva, capitulated against 19th-in-the-table West Bromwich Albion to lose 5-2 at Stamford Bridge.

The following day, Antonio Rudiger and Kepa Arrizabalaga came to blows in a training ground bust-up. News travelled quickly and the incident made headlines both in the United Kingdom and abroad.

Yet instead of becoming fixated on how the scrap between Rudiger and Kepa was picked up by the national press, Tuchel simply accepted it is part of the modern game. He may not like it, but in contrast to Mourinho, he won't be undertaking a search to try to stop the spread of information.

"That it got out...I get used to it in modern times," Tuchel said. "There are too many channels, too many ways that information can get out. I heard even that some of my debrief from the match got out there, what I told the team after the game and stuff like that.

"Ok, it's not nice. The information I give you now about the incident is, of course, not the full details because I strongly believe the details have to stay within the club, Cobham, the training ground, the dressing room. And of course, if we have meetings they have to be confidential and stay in the meeting room.

"Nowadays, things can get out which isn't what we want. But it's not such a big deal that I start thinking about who is the leak and who did this. You can get totally lost with that and I don't want to lose my focus.

"I'm not much out there on social media, not at all. I'm not much on the media. I know what we talk about here and I won't lose my trust in the group. So I accept it."

I think I have now got it, "we do not like JM and want him out of our Club" lol! sorry just trying a bit of tongue in cheek there, I did say trying.