Jose stay or Jose go?

• Time to say good bye

Votes: 19 73.1%
  • Keep him till the summer

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Keep him forever

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters
Not taking much from the Villa match...they were without their key player...and really haven't been the same team without him. Hell you could tell...with a little quality on the final third passing and may have been winning that game by a couple early.

We nicked an very easy goal against the run of play...which is good...thank you Lucas!!!! And were gifted a very soft pen...so sure.

I understand we can only play who is next up and we did...and we did our job like we should have against a weakened Villa team. I want to see again how we fare against quality and when it matters. I haven't seen us succeed in that yet.

Very important 3 points though...we needed it to stay in reach of top 4.

Just watched the game. We were pretty average. Struggle to keep the ball in key areas.

Villa were poor and still caused us problems.

I liked the young bucks getting some game time but the quality of the squad is so overrated I can't get excited.

Just watched the game. We were pretty average. Struggle to keep the ball in key areas.

Villa were poor and still caused us problems.

I liked the young bucks getting some game time but the quality of the squad is so overrated I can't get excited.

lol - not sure what that says about the general quality of the PL. We are 6th and 3 points from 4th place.

I was with a prison officer today. Tottenham fan.
He compared what Jose has been doing to what him and his colleagues do every day. He said the inmates on his wing are like a team. He needs them to play by the rules and follow his instructions - otherwise it all turns to shit and their is no collective focus on positive outcomes every day. Sure, some of them will fuck up from time to time., as they are who they are. and they need to be balled out for it when they do. But they are still part of the team. He said once a manager lets the players decide the tactics and structure he has lost.

With the contrition that's seeping out from senior players via the press and social media....I would suggest Jose is going nowhere....you heard it here first...

The fact this imposter is still here proves Levy is a terrible chairman. He doesn't have a clue how to take the club forward on the field.

The fact this imposter is still here proves Levy is a terrible chairman. He doesn't have a clue how to take the club forward on the field.

I understand why Levy did this. It didn't work. Largely because of Covid.

How do you know that?

Do you see what is on the pitch?

Do you thin ANYONE with true Spurs blood would ever sanction such an atrocity?

Do you think our players would buy bought into such garbage? do you think that's what they expected?

And oh btw, remember a few weeks back when I mentioned that "euro clause"?? Those were some co$tly 2pts for The Special One as it stands.

Do you see what is on the pitch?

Do you thin ANYONE with true Spurs blood would ever sanction such an atrocity?

Do you think our players would buy bought into such garbage? do you think that's what they expected?

And oh btw, remember a few weeks back when I mentioned that "euro clause"?? Those were some co$tly 2pts for The Special One as it stands.

Not an answer. You're accusing Mourinho of lying to Levy. I want to know how you know that and on what basis do you make that statement?

Whilst the players have a lot to answer for with their far too often apparent disinterested displays. For me Jose is not and won't ever be the guy to take us forward. His first instinct is to not lose & hope to win. Tactically I don't think he has it. Our squad works better attacking, that is pretty much the only strength we have, we need attack as our first line of defence. He has them trying not to lose. He hasn't improved the passing & movement, dealing with corners or balls to the box, playing out from the back etc.
just seems our tactics, for want of a better word are Harry or son or Lucas are bound to score one or two...then we hold on!

So Nov 19, Jose waltzed into our club and took his first interview. It was 40 mins. Some quotes from the first 15.

"The potential of the cub is huge, the potential of the players is great"

"The reason why I came was because the vision Daniel Levy put in front of me and the quality of the players and the quality of the squad"

"It's not about myself, it's about the players"

Q: "Do you think you're a new improved Jose?" A" I think so."

"I realized during my career I made mistakes and I'm not going make the same mistakes. I'm going to make new mistakes."

"I'm ready to support the players. This is not about me........I'm in a period where it's not about me. It's about my club, my players, my fans....it's not about me"

Q"What do you intend to do different this time" A "I am humble....."When I put the mgt team together it was about knowing there was nobody else to blame"

"Sometimes you have to work with people you don't love.....and work well"

"The people that work with you and for you need to share your principles...and I cannot change them.....one of these principles is I don't like to lose"

Intriguing stuff !!!

So Nov 19, Jose waltzed into our club and took his first interview. It was 40 mins. Some quotes from the first 15.

"The potential of the cub is huge, the potential of the players is great"

"The reason why I came was because the vision Daniel Levy put in front of me and the quality of the players and the quality of the squad"

"It's not about myself, it's about the players"

Q: "Do you think you're a new improved Jose?" A" I think so."

"I realized during my career I made mistakes and I'm not going make the same mistakes. I'm going to make new mistakes."

"I'm ready to support the players. This is not about me........I'm in a period where it's not about me. It's about my club, my players, my fans....it's not about me"

Q"What do you intend to do different this time" A "I am humble....."When I put the mgt team together it was about knowing there was nobody else to blame"

"Sometimes you have to work with people you don't love.....and work well"

"The people that work with you and for you need to share your principles...and I cannot change them.....one of these principles is I don't like to lose"

Intriguing stuff !!!

Intriguing yes, but we can't build a strategy on a chameleon.

I'm still scratching my head after all this time trying to decide if Jose was a strategic appointment i.e. a change in footballing philosophy from the Poch era, a change in transfer decision making and an uplift on spending or whether he was purely tactical based on his 'new man' not the old character approach that he sold the media and us on..so was he supposed to be the catalyst that influenced decision making both off and on the field?

If it was, why is the recruitment/player acquisition team unchanged? If he wasn't, why is he here and are our expectations of him unrealistic?

What did the Tottenham board expect him to do; deconstruct the squad whilst maintaining a top 4 finish whilst building a team/squad capable of winning silverware with the sort of funding that we should have been enjoying by now?

Was that realistic, if it was, is it really now that he's reverted to type and the key performance targets are looking unlikely to be achieved, still worth persevering with him?

If it was a strategic one i.e. he's here no matter what until the DNA of our club has been transformed into a winning one e.g. money+new playing style+better/easier to attract top players. Does a new playing style mean weaning fans off of our historically more attractive attempt at football as well?

So will Levy hold his nerve - is this what Jose says he cannot change within the club?

If it was a tactical one, i.e. win something/anything without a fundamental restructuring (and bring in a Bale at £20 mill costs for a season or two) in our decisions making in all departments and/or change in our recruitment policies and wage structure, then it screams - expect conflict within the club and don't be surprised if the fan base gives up believing in the club and the manager.

I've never known a period where so many fans are exclaiming their intention to give up on the club, and even when able to, say they won't return if Jose is still in charge.

To me, we are now not one thing or the other, yes Coovid has had a huge impact on our ability to spend and plans to spend, so can we really still want to hold onto a man who only thrives when it's all about him and all about conflict - a man not known since his early days of Porto for building a winning team, but well known for being able to buy one, and expects and expected to be able to compete to buy the best?

Circumstances have changed, we are now financially straightened.

When that happens unless you can quickly get your finances back on track, you have to adjust your strategy and do it clinically and quickly. we're now looking rudderless and clueless - Jose continues to exclaim dismay at our defensive errors, but seemingly has no ability to end them.

With this strategic view and framework methodology, where does Jose fit?

He's a big spend manager and now cannot fulfill the role envisaged, logically he has to go, if that is the case, the end of the season is the right time for us to part, even if he does by some miracle overcome Manc in the final. The value of a sentimental fillip because of an isolated piece of poor value silverware cannot hide the demise of the strategic way forward which was seemingly envisaged when he was appointed.

We may be forced into trying to find another unicorn like Poch for the next 3-4 years until we can once again plan to spend with the big boys...but it's got to be better than the damage and division that is being caused amongst the fans and even the players surely?

Last edited:
The reason Jose came as he said was because of Levy's vision. That vision has not transpired so Jose is now the wrong manager. Jose needs top players. At 58 he is too old to build from youth, nor is that his strength.
So Jose needs to go and it looks like he is engineering his departure.

The reason Jose came as he said was because of Levy's vision. That vision has not transpired so Jose is now the wrong manager. Jose needs top players. At 58 he is too old to build from youth, nor is that his strength.
So Jose needs to go and it looks like he is engineering his departure.

I think he has been for some considerable time - once he knew he wasn't going to get the money he thought he'd get, he was planning his exit and it's showed.

I want him to go.
Then he does a presser like today and I think he is bloody great.
Where do you get another like that?

PLEASE LET US WIN AGAINST MANURE!!!