Jose says Post was 'totally wrong' | Vital Football

Jose says Post was 'totally wrong'

Spursex

Alert Team
I can only but agree, sticking a post out like that (and the reality is his agency probably did it) when you then declare yourself unfit is ridiculous....

Jose Mourinho says Gareth Bale’s ‘good session’ Tottenham training post ‘wrong’ and contradiction with reality
By
Dan Kilpatrick
@Dan_KP
George Flood
14 minutes ago

Tottenham manager Jose Mourinho has described Gareth Bale’s recent Instagram post as “totally wrong” and a “contradiction with reality” but hopes the forward will be fit enough to face Manchester City on Saturday.
Bale posted a picture of himself in Spurs training on Tuesday alongside the caption: “Good session today”.
The Welshman was subsequently omitted from the squad for Wednesday's 5-4 FA Cup fifth-round defeat by Everton, with Mourinho insisting that he had asked not be involved but saying the Wales international was not injured.

Standard Sport understands that the relationship between the duo is under strain over the forward’s fitness, with Bale said to be bemused over Mourinho’s comments at Goodison Park.

Speaking ahead of the trip to the Etihad Stadium, Mourinho said: "We have a training session on [Friday] afternoon to see if he feels ready or not."
He added: "I hope the press conference is about the game and not about individuals but I have to admit his post created the need to be addressed because there was a contradiction between the post and reality.

"Since the beginning of the season, in relation to everything I try to be very private and keep everything in doors. But I felt that I need to address the situation.
"Probably the post was not even his responsibility, I don't know. But the post was showing that training session great, so 'I'm ready' and it was totally wrong.
"So when I was questioned I had to say the reality of the things which I repeat for the last time and I hope there are no more questions about it because the situation was exactly the way I told: he was not feeling good, he asked for a scan, he had the scan, the scan didn't show an injury but his feelings were still there.

"But coaches, sports science and medical people can never go against feelings because the players feelings are more important than all of us, so he was not ready for the game and it was as simple as that. If he's ready for tomorrow's he's selected for tomorrow."
Mourinho is still without Giovani Lo Celso, who scored in the win over City in November, with the playmaker "not even close" to a return, while Sergio Reguilon is also expected to be absent with a hamstring problem.

Harry Kane was rested from the start at Goodison Park but felt no ill-effects after playing the final hour, including extra-time, against the Toffees.
"Of course he played 60 minutes or so, which he didn't want and I didn't want as it was a game that pushed us in that direction, but no negative feelings after the game," Mourinho said of the England captain. "Just the normal stiffness. I believe he can start."
Like Bale, Serge Aurier will be assessed after training on Friday after missing Wednesday's game and Mourinho said being forced to extra-time was poor preparation for the runaway league leaders, who eased passed Swansea on the same night.
"120 minutes playing at high intensity, chasing results, playing very fast and intense football of course was very, very hard," he said.
"Of course City have a different game, of course they have a different squad, they manage to rest the majority of the players because the result was quite comfortable. They could even rest the players during the game and make four or five changes, with players who played the previous Premier League match."

"Since the beginning of the season, in relation to everything I try to be very private and keep everything in doors. But I felt that I need to address the situation..."

I did laugh at that, that sounds like he's had orders to stop managing in public...!