Jose is an ex-Spurs manager! | Page 66 | Vital Football

Jose is an ex-Spurs manager!

All I know is that for the first time in a long while , I’m actually excited about what we can achieve now .
just a shame we didn’t have this amount of cover before . Strange how these players that have come in suddenly didn’t have to improve us in every department !!!! But they have !
Bale looks and sounds exactly like you would want him to .
Awesome . Can’t wait for the games now .
COYS

All I know is that for the first time in a long while , I’m actually excited about what we can achieve now .
just a shame we didn’t have this amount of cover before . Strange how these players that have come in suddenly didn’t have to improve us in every department !!!! But they have !
COYS
The excitement only lasted till half time . As soon as the jinx came on and we hadn’t scored any more , our day was over !
Still excited for the future . This was a blimp .

COYS

Hi Walt, I too feel excited about what's to come with this squad.

If we'd won the Spam match in the emphatic form in which we started, the impetus to continue on in that fashion would've inspired everyone one in that squad.

We'd be up in 3rd position or thereabouts and seriously charged to give this thing a red hot crack.

There's still time, but instead of being a tad apprehensive about the capabilities of our squad, I'm worried about Joses' capacity to inspire, manage and make the appropriate decisions when and where it counts.

I hold him responsible for losing these massive 2 points, and the badge of honour of smacking the Spam useless.

As knowledgeable as he thinks he is, he has a lot to learn about keeping Spursy at bay.

Stu . There is a bizarre follow up to this post .
I love doing cryptic crosswords and the one I’m doing at the moment had the clue
“ Airship bulging initially then sagging “ ......
the answer was “BLIMP”

weird or what !

So next time you're minding your own business, doing your crossword when someone comes up with those annoying words "What you stuck on?" just simply say "disgruntled postman"

If you leave them long enough, one of them will always say "How many letters?"

I'm sure you can figure out the punchline :-)

Hi Walt, I too feel excited about what's to come with this squad.

If we'd won the Spam match in the emphatic form in which we started, the impetus to continue on in that fashion would've inspired everyone one in that squad.

We'd be up in 3rd position or thereabouts and seriously charged to give this thing a red hot crack.

There's still time, but instead of being a tad apprehensive about the capabilities of our squad, I'm worried about Joses' capacity to inspire, manage and make the appropriate decisions when and where it counts.

I hold him responsible for losing these massive 2 points, and the badge of honour of smacking the Spam useless.

As knowledgeable as he thinks he is, he has a lot to learn about keeping Spursy at bay.

He has done nothing to solve our defensive problems either.

21 clean sheets in 81 league games. It's been a long term issue and I am very surprised Jose hasn't had the ability to address the problem. He has had a year to sort this out.

I do think he is over hyped.

21 clean sheets in 81 league games. It's been a long term issue and I am very surprised Jose hasn't had the ability to address the problem. He has had a year to sort this out.

He's a complete mystery at the moment. I think that the general expectation was that he would probably sort out the defensive problems, but would bore the pants off us. Reality is that our defensive capabilities are going from bad to worse, but we are playing a brand of counter attacking football that is often entertaining to watch, and which is producing plenty of goals. How much credit is due to Jose however for us having possibly the best attacking duo in Europe, is questionable.

I'm not sure how it's possible to be one of the most successful managers of all time and be over hyped?

I'm not sure how it's possible to be one of the most successful managers of all time and be over hyped?

As you get older, a good history will get you into most positions, but it won't keep you there - renewing your approach and showing the same level of leadership, Tactical awareness and commitment might, except when the game moves on and you haven't got the skills to move with it.

His game management is so erratic, it's infuriating.

As you get older, a good history will get you into most positions, but it won't keep you there - renewing your approach and showing the same level of leadership, Tactical awareness and commitment might, except when the game moves on and you haven't got the skills to move with it.

His game management is so erratic, it's infuriating.
Sometimes he appears caught betwixt and between. His instinct is to go with what he knows and has been successful with but in the knowledge that the game has moved on and the tried and trusted methods are no longer relevant in the modern game.

Having said that he was regularly successful over a period of 15 years prior to his coming to Spurs when the game was also continually evolving and he achieved this success in four different countries. So he's not as one-dimensional as he is always portrayed.

Last edited: