Jose is an ex-Spurs manager! | Page 51 | Vital Football

Jose is an ex-Spurs manager!

We only get the "outside in" view as well. It's the toughest question, as unless you're Jose, you don't know what commitment is coming back in your direction from the player.
The chemistry has to be right as well but if the trust isn't there, how on earth can you form a good relationship.

The chemistry has to be right as well but if the trust isn't there, how on earth can you form a good relationship.

Part of me is still left wondering whether Jose's medical team and Ndombele are planning the player's peak fitness behind some of the others. Based on his groin injury, he just might have been on different types of strengthening first followed by peak cardio fitness second that allows him to peak in July. We have 7 games and I'm guessing he will get involved at some point.

Part of me is still left wondering whether Jose's medical team and Ndombele are planning the player's peak fitness behind some of the others. Based on his groin injury, he just might have been on different types of strengthening first followed by peak cardio fitness second that allows him to peak in July. We have 7 games and I'm guessing he will get involved at some point.
Well he's on the bench but with everybody back fit & raring to go, i'd be surprised to see him rushed back into action. Back in March we were down to the bare bones & had no other option but to play him.

I hope you're right but surely we'd have seen a cameo in first 2 games.

"Jose is making it clear that despite the pressure from above and outside, that he's in charge and is seen to be in charge".

Not my comment, but a view I was given yesterday from someone close to the action.

This doesn't sound like something Jose Mourinho would do AT ALL! :hmmm:

I wonder if THIS time Levy and the board give in to a manager puffing out their chest and pretending they are in charge. :silly:

"Jose is making it clear that despite the pressure from above and outside, that he's in charge and is seen to be in charge".

Not my comment, but a view I was given yesterday from someone close to the action.

Quite reassuring actually. I can't imagine a scenario where Klopp or Pep would be anything other than totally in charge. We can't be successful unless Jose is afforded the same status, and trusted to succeed.

Hopefully, Spurs now put a run together and the toxic media pressure reduces on Jose. They've been an absolute joke since he joined us. Knowing Jose, when Ndombele knuckles down and embraces Jose's tactics then he'll be involved.

Also, it's possible Toby could become the real odd man out in this new setup. He played up to Poch, but it won't work with Jose. I still think we won't see that for a while though as Dier will probably get a ban and he'll get game time. Next season could be a frustrating one for Toby.

Jose pushed for Toby to get his big contract and then drops him after the restart. Maybe now he's seen more of him he's aware that his decline is part of the reason we've been leaking goals all season... or maybe he'll start vs Sheff as they have less pace to worry about. Still the rumoured 150/180k pw Toby is earning is a lot for a CB you don't trust against the might of West Ham.

Jose pushed for Toby to get his big contract and then drops him after the restart. Maybe now he's seen more of him he's aware that his decline is part of the reason we've been leaking goals all season... or maybe he'll start vs Sheff as they have less pace to worry about. Still the rumoured 150/180k pw Toby is earning is a lot for a CB you don't trust against the might of West Ham.

I'm still convinced if we had a real DM in the team all of our defenders would improve by a big margin.

Toby has certainly been on the decline but the whole team has.

Add the injury issues we have had which meant a lot of chopping and changing at the back I'm not surprised we have leaked the goals we have.

No foundation whatsoever.

I'm still convinced if we had a real DM in the team all of our defenders would improve by a big margin.

Add the injury issues we have had which meant a lot of chopping and changing at the back I'm not surprised we have leaked the goals we have.

Your first sentence, is so true, its bleedin obvious really.

I agree but I think in last two games we've looked much more solid now we have two CBs who won't get done for pace as easily. It could also be that since restart teams are less likely to expose our weaknesses as the tempo and quality is generally lower, but I've liked the look of our defensive shape sans Toby even without a DM.

I agree but I think in last two games we've looked much more solid now we have two CBs who won't get done for pace as easily. It could also be that since restart teams are less likely to expose our weaknesses as the tempo and quality is generally lower, but I've liked the look of our defensive shape sans Toby even without a DM.
It's still a work in progress but the signs are good.

He has had time similar to a pre season with the team and I think we still look average.If it wasn't for a hand ball that we got away with.We don't come away winning against whu.Were very lucky against Man utd.I watch all the top teams and apart from arsenal I see everyone improving but not us

He has had time similar to a pre season with the team and I think we still look average.If it wasn't for a hand ball that we got away with.We don't come away winning against whu.Were very lucky against Man utd.I watch all the top teams and apart from arsenal I see everyone improving but not us

Felt a goal was coming regardless. If that got disallowed I'm confident we'd have carried on pressing til we got it. Do agree a lot of other teams are improving so the gap isn't really closing on the teams above us.

Felt a goal was coming regardless. If that got disallowed I'm confident we'd have carried on pressing til we got it. Do agree a lot of other teams are improving so the gap isn't really closing on the teams above us.

I am just worried as the team's just below us are in touching distance.We are now 6 points of 14th.Lose to Shed utd we are in trouble

True...but after the last two matches...we look pretty damn solid with the CB pairing...I wouldn't change a damn thing now. Put Toby and DM....LOL

I have said before Jose is living on his reputation.He is so out dated.His style of play and management style.I really hate that he seems to single one or 2 players out of the squad he is managing and digs at them in the media and by dropping them

I don't understand what his approach was this evening, it certainly wasn't a typical Jose team of having a solid base and building on that. I can only guess the rumours of him working on something new and progressive before he joined us is what he is trying, and it clearly doesn't suit him or work at all.