Jose is an ex-Spurs manager! | Vital Football

Jose is an ex-Spurs manager!

Welshtel

Vital Football Hero
That’s the rumour that’s gathering pace. I for one am NOT in favour. I think he’s a spent force with little new ideas. What do you lot think?

After sacking poch who else cud it be. Mourinho is done deal. Would luv it to have worked out with poch but something been wrong from feb champions league run papered over the cracks. I welcome mourinho now get that trophy monkey off our back.

I'd say it's more than a rumour. We've definitely held talks, but hopefully Mourinho demands are ridiculous and we go for someone less loathable. Suspect he'll be announced tomorrow though.

My tuppence worth on potential arrival of Mou. IMO, it's do-able as a package and workable, short to medium term.

A spent force?. Not sure on that, No more than Benitez.. He's had time to reflect and will have assessed us from the outside. I don't think there are likely to be any 'biggies' head hunting him, so imo, he will be expected to lower his financial demands as well as align closer to Levy's business model.

Furthermore, we have a decent. talented pool of players that require unshackling and some sternly handled. Mou did wonders with Shaw @ Utd - example.

He may be boring (often) but IMO, he will have exciting players at his disposal. Focus more on tactics and technique than fitness. He'll definitely be a leader on the touch line and instil fear amongst those not performing. Favs will have their places questioned. He certainly knows how to MANAGE games and the issue with the lady doctor @ Chelsea (apart from obvious wrong), also shows his sheer desire to win at all cost.

It will make a change for once for our players to be coached by a multi-trophy winner. Just as Walker praised Pep on tactical and technique coaching, I'd expect the same from Mou.

His interviews will no doubt exude his arrogance, pride, a dose of cringe as well as some humour. Be interesting to see whether the often called 'special needs one' will be the 'much needed one'. Putting a trophy in that new shiny room may just become a reality!.

If the announcement is to be made this week, it has to be someone who is currently on garden leave or on a self-imposed sabbatical.

The more I think about it I think Mourinho could be decent for a couple of seasons, steady the ship at least. He is older now and hopefully he will not be too unbearable and chill out on the special one nonsense. I loved Poch but it is exciting to have a change. Mourinho is said to like living in England, maybe he will change his approach and strategize a bit more long term in the hopes of staying for a few years rather than smash and grab trophies and leave a mess behind. If he is appointed manager I think it’s a sign that levy might FINALLY start throwing a bit more dough around on signings.

Just checking, people are saying they don’t want serial winner Jose ?

The bloke wins everywhere and doesn’t take shit from pussy players which we have.

Some people are happy to be a nearly club.

As for money, we have money we committed to 150 million in the summer and levy said we had more.

The bloke did a “bad job” and United still picked up more trophies than spurs in 30 years.

Also managed to put manage Mopo in every semi/final they faced off in.

When he was sacked from Man Utd last season I thought his career had reached a nadir. I couldn't see any other top club taking him and I couldn't see him taking another role that wasn't at a top club. I'm not sure where we fit into that scenario though.

I think with any new manager you just have to wipe the slate clean and assume best intent. Most importantly, we need Jose with his tracksuit on with the 1st team on the training ground. That's what he's best at and it's worth noting that he's been announced as "Head Coach". I'll be interested to see who his backroom staff are and how the reporting lines work around the place.

As for the other broken pieces. It should be time for Levy to reflect on his total mis-management of the footballing side of the club in the last 3 or 4. Jose will massively shine a light on all of that and there won't be anywhere for Levy to hide if he doesn't adjust. Jose will have to work within new parameters though and we don't want quick fixes with 29 year olds.

We quite simply have to continue to churn these players that aren't committed. That won't change with Jose joining. He can't afford them to hold him back after what they did to Poch. He'll need to forge that tight relationship with Htchen very quickly.

He wasn't my first choice, Rafa and Ancelotti were but for a few years think this is the right move.

We need trophies, the club will now most likely make more money than ever as Jose is so high profile. Smart move.

Fair play to Levy this is a very fuck you move. Sacked a manager the fans love, then appoint an ego maniac but a proven winner. Never thought he would do that so fair play.

Hope his relationship with Bruno Fernandez is a good one . Would be a good first signing .,
We all know his admiration for Toby so that should pan out ok . Not sure if his patience with the Argentine contingent will be on a par with Poch .
January should be interesting . Can’t see him saying there is no-one out there to improve us .,
If he can get us out of this domestic rut and change my mind about him without devaluing our name , then happy days . I don’t want us to be bus Parker’s .
But then what I want has never been high on DLs list .

Hope his relationship with Brunop Fernandez is a good one . Would be a good first signing .,
We all know his admiration for Toby so that should pan out ok . Not sure if his patience with the Argentine contingent will be on a par with Poch .
January should be interesting . Can’t see him saying there is no-one out there to improve us .,
If he can get us out of this domestic rut and change my mind about him without devaluing our name , then happy days . I don’t want us to be bus Parker’s .
But then what I want has never been high on DLs list .

Him having less patience isnt a bad thing, this players need tough love - they have been treated like a friend and won nothing.