Jose is an ex-Spurs manager! | Page 63 | Vital Football

Jose is an ex-Spurs manager!

I would say the lad is a tad optimistic. We don't have the quality he suggests.

Gaz, Dier solid players?

Our midfield options some of the best in the league?

Son borderline world class?

Dele, Lamela are really good options as number 10?

I liked his insight on Jose's methods and style over the years but he is being very unrealistic about our squads ability.

All you have to do is compare our first 11's with the top 4 teams and you see how far we have fallen.

It's not just our first 11 its also the standard of football compared to the top teams; for example, our ball retention and passing we're so far behind.

Jose today says we had unfit players. Any other manager would not play an unfit player. We have a squad and some players never went on international so they had a full week to work on the tactics and get fit. Why play unfit players when we have a squad with some fit players. It has to be down to him

Jose today says we had unfit players. Any other manager would not play an unfit player. We have a squad and some players never went on international so they had a full week to work on the tactics and get fit. Why play unfit players when we have a squad with some fit players. It has to be down to him

It is, it means he arrogantly dismissed Everton. That's his call and he's made it badly rebound on us.

He barely criticised them yesterday. He was asked what the problem was and he said a lazy press by the forward line. That is answering the question honestly, the reason why most of us like listening to his interviews. They didn’t close down at all and definately not as a group which makes it pointless. Never seen such a lack of energy for the 1st game of a season.

It is, it means he arrogantly dismissed Everton. That's his call and he's made it badly rebound on us.

I am watching the all or nothing documentary hoping I would get to like him and understand him more. I do not I find myself thinking less of him. He is so negative. There seems nothing about attack it's all about conceding nothing about getting goals.
He is so outdated. I find his team talks boring not inspiring.

Jose would not dismiss Everton, he has too much respect for Anchelotti for that. Jose would have known the quality they had in MF and played two defensive MFs and Alli to counter it. No Loco and an unfit Ndombele restricted Jose's options.

Finished all or nothing and I had hoped I would get an insight to why people rate Jose. I could not see anything . He is so negative all defence defence defence,then seemed to mostly start on a negative and end on a negative. I always got told do not start on a negative as that is then always what players think. They switch off. Which it looked as though most of them did. You can also see he loves Dier and Lucas. Especially in the part when Dier put a late challenge and high challenge in training on Sonny. Not saying anything when it was a leg breaker instead taking the piss out off Sonny saying he can post it on Instagram then walking off laughing at himself while Sonny was left in pain and angry. I thought read the room. This is very bad management showing no sympathy for a star forward and not saying anything to a average defender after a stupid tackle. I have never played for a manager who has focused so much on defence and seemingly not a lot on attack .

Jose would not dismiss Everton, he has too much respect for Anchelotti for that. Jose would have known the quality they had in MF and played two defensive MFs and Alli to counter it. No Loco and an unfit Ndombele restricted Jose's options.

I doubt if everyone else was fit we'd even see N'domble.

Sorry, if you know you have unfit players you play a containing game and play on the counter, it's the 101 of football tactics and he didn't do that, you play compact football, not set up to have massive holes in your midfield in the second half we way we did.

Nope, he got it entirely wrong, IF and I say IF what he said was true and not more deflection excuses.

Finished all or nothing and I had hoped I would get an insight to why people rate Jose. I could not see anything . He is so negative all defence defence defence,then seemed to mostly start on a negative and end on a negative. I always got told do not start on a negative as that is then always what players think. They switch off. Which it looked as though most of them did. You can also see he loves Dier and Lucas. Especially in the part when Dier put a late challenge and high challenge in training on Sonny. Not saying anything when it was a leg breaker instead taking the piss out off Sonny saying he can post it on Instagram then walking off laughing at himself while Sonny was left in pain and angry. I thought read the room. This is very bad management showing no sympathy for a star forward and not saying anything to a average defender after a stupid tackle. I have never played for a manager who has focused so much on defence and seemingly not a lot on attack .

To be fair he has had no choice but to focus on the defense because it has been shocking for the last 2 years.

Our clean sheet record is horrendous.

I doubt if everyone else was fit we'd even see N'domble.

Sorry, if you know you have unfit players you play a containing game and play on the counter, it's the 101 of football tactics and he didn't do that, you play compact football, not set up to have massive holes in your midfield in the second half we way we did.

Nope, he got it entirely wrong, IF and I say IF what he said was true and not more deflection excuses.

Many times the commentary team said Spurs were letting Everton have the ball and Lloris had little to do other than a Davies brainfart and illegal free kick . We did contain them, they scored one illegal goal. We had 3 very good chances. What MF should Jose have put out ?

Many times the commentary team said Spurs were letting Everton have the ball and Lloris had little to do other than a Davies brainfart and illegal free kick . We did contain them, they scored one illegal goal. We had 3 very good chances. What MF should Jose have put out ?
So we almost won then?....come on Nick we were pathetic....and that’s the pointiest word anyone could use.

Was Doherty's attempt pathetic, likewise Allis and Kanes who was a whisker away from contact. ?
Simply put yes...Doherty did well to get the position and then failed to score from 5 yards...Alli shot straight at the keeper fro 10 yards and Kane was late because he was sitting on his heels to start with....and those were the three best moments of incompetence in the whole match...you then come down a level to Davies brilliant cross field pass to one of their strikers who managed to fall over rather than score with an empty goal in front of him...the same guy being presented with two identical scoring chances tha he managed to miss and a similar chance to the exRM man which he also managed to miss, and the poor defending for their goal.

The average speed of our players through most of the game would have been impressive if they were playing walking football.....the whole performance was pathetic.

This is going to hurt....

I think we are who we all think we are...simply not that good. In my opinion we are still 4-5 players away from competing for top 6. (and that means a few need to leave as well...)

BL - I think Everton, with their new signings have passed us...not by much...but I think they have.

Simply put yes...Doherty did well to get the position and then failed to score from 5 yards...Alli shot straight at the keeper fro 10 yards and Kane was late because he was sitting on his heels to start with....and those were the three best moments of incompetence in the whole match...you then come down a level to Davies brilliant cross field pass to one of their strikers who managed to fall over rather than score with an empty goal in front of him...the same guy being presented with two identical scoring chances tha he managed to miss and a similar chance to the exRM man which he also managed to miss, and the poor defending for their goal.

The average speed of our players through most of the game would have been impressive if they were playing walking football.....the whole performance was pathetic.

Simply put....No I dont think any of those 3 attempts were pathetic. The Son cross was at pace and Harry was gutted he was so close. Alli had defenders each side which blocked any angle, he had to go fairly straight but high to try and beat the keeper. No way was Doherty pathetic in his attempt, he fashioned it with good interplay and tried to be precise instead of blasting it ( which may have been better) .

It was an excellent free kick ( 5 yards or more further up field than it should have been ) so cheats. The header was top notch too , Toby was more at fault IMO but what should he or could he have done ?