Jose is an ex-Spurs manager! | Page 3 | Vital Football

Jose is an ex-Spurs manager!

So the caretaker option was probably off the table. Not sure how I feel about a 4 year contract tbh.

Glad to have a winner of his calibre on board, scared of what next season brings.

well that's longer than he's ever stayed anywhere.

The Spurscial One

Attachments

• JOSE.jpg
    JOSE.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 1574250669824.png
    1574250669824.png
    432.5 KB · Views: 2
Him having less patience isnt a bad thing, this players need tough love - they have been treated like a friend and won nothing.
Great point Kiny . Can you see how embroiled I have become in worrying how their wellbeing is and how concerned I am that they might get upset . You are right , it’s just what they need

The real winners here are the folks at Amazon Prime. They've hit the jackpot picking us for their fly on the wall series this season.

edit: Just seen a similar post on the Poch thread. Damn you Muttley!

If they buy the naming rights for the stadium We will have loads of money to spend. Win win.

I never know to be honest. It would never surprise me if the NFL, the stadium naming rights and even the Amazon Prime revenue goes straight against the stadium debt. Ditto with the 37k gate receipts that watched the women's NLD last weekend. Not sure we can complain as fans about that either.

There is definitely new money flowing into the club outside of the normal business model. Will be interesting to see whether Jose can convince Levy that he needs that money for new players.

Brilliant appointment, no excuses now. We have a proven winner.

If backed in the next 2 windows I would be surprised if he don't get us what we deserve and need so badly.

Well his first big achievement is to get appointed on his now minimum £15 mill p.a. - that's double what Poch was earning.

There is no arguing over his winning credentials.
However, my concern is that this may be the first time he takes on a club which is neither 1st or 2nd in the country nor one where a new owner is willing to splash loads of cash. Can he live with the miserly Levy? Can he live with buying 'potentials' and train them up vs ready made or closed to ready made stars. If my memory didnt fail me, his teams more or less had 2 established internationals in every position. Well, hope for the best.

However, my concern is that this may be the first time he takes on a club which is neither 1st or 2nd in the country nor one where a new owner is willing to splash loads of cash. Can he live with the miserly Levy? Can he live with buying 'potentials' and train them up vs ready made or closed to ready made stars. If my memory didnt fail me, his teams more or less had 2 established internationals in every position. Well, hope for the best.

This could well be a brutally nasty short marriage, or....

Look what he did with Inter and to a lesser extent Real.
They were not competing with the leaders at the time. Its all relative.

Inter had won 3 consecutive titles under Mancini before Jose rocked up, albeit the first one by default after Juventus' match fixing scandal

They couldn't get over the CL hump, going out in the last 16 etc. In fairness, Jose won them that and that's why they love him.

Luke Shaw is a great case study. Played at an early age for Poch at Saints, mostly bombing forward s a kid.

To this in 2017

To this 18 months later in 2018

Man Utd's POTY by May 2019.

We definitely have some players that will have to go through a nurturing journey with Jose.