Jose is an ex-Spurs manager! | Page 69 | Vital Football

Jose is an ex-Spurs manager!

That loss was not on Jose.
Reggie got beat too easy initially for the first goal, yes he then got bundled over afterwards but before that the ball went through his legs. A good ball in by spam , credit due. I'm not sure what went on with Dier and Tanganga but Lloris again should do better.
The second goal started with Doherty dithering on the ball and losing it. Then maybe Dier could have pushed up a tad to make it offside ?
The players put in a huge effort to get back into the game. A little unlucky but also not good enough finishing wise. Kane not hitting the target, Bale too near the keeper on one shot. They didnt do it on purpose.

That loss was not on Jose.
Reggie got beat too easy initially for the first goal, yes he then got bundled over afterwards but before that the ball went through his legs. A good ball in by spam , credit due. I'm not sure what went on with Dier and Tanganga but Lloris again should do better.
The second goal started with Doherty dithering on the ball and losing it. Then maybe Dier could have pushed up a tad to make it offside ?
The players put in a huge effort to get back into the game. A little unlucky but also not good enough finishing wise. Kane not hitting the target, Bale too near the keeper on one shot. They didnt do it on purpose.

So the Doherty dithering on the ball is symptomatic of Jose's time at the club. Matt got up the pitch and didn't have a single pass on. Hojbjerg was just sitting in front of the back four and Moura was just doing his own thing. He got swamped.

Compare that to the end of the game when we stretched them all over the pitch and always had a pass on. That's the Spurs we could have seen all season but for one man.

So in a roundabout way, it was absolutely on Jose for the way he's schooled them for 15-18 months.

So the Doherty dithering on the ball is symptomatic of Jose's time at the club. Matt got up the pitch and didn't have a single pass on. Hojbjerg was just sitting in front of the back four and Moura was just doing his own thing. He got swamped.

Compare that to the end of the game when we stretched them all over the pitch and always had a pass on. That's the Spurs we could have seen all season but for one man.

So in a roundabout way, it was absolutely on Jose for the way he's schooled them for 15-18 months.

The worst outcome in Doherty's situation is to lose the ball and cause an attack. He could have put the ball out for a throw in or hit the ball against a spam player to try and win a throw.

The worst outcome in Doherty's situation is to lose the ball and cause an attack. He could have put the ball out for a throw in or hit the ball against a spam player to try and win a throw.
It's a massive weakness in his game. I've commented before on how often he tries to keep a ball in with very few options available to him, and rather than concede the throw gives away the ball creating a dangerous situation.

It might be worth a look at our subs today.

Lamela was on a yellow and probably would have been subbed around 60 minutes anyway.
Bale was the right replacement and played well.
Tanganga was not getting forward so the Doherty change makes sense, unfortunately it back fired very early on.
Dele for Reggie was last ditch to try and at least get a point.
Team selection wise, Sanchez was a surprise. Toby may have prevented both goals with his experience ?
Maybe Reggie should have been eased in second half, he was bound to be rusty.

The hardest shot to make was Bales that hit the crossbar. In comparison to that our shooting was crap...far too many into row z, snatched lazy crap Sunday league shots. Harry and Son should have been subbed. Harry should have left the free kick to bale. Dire could and should have converted with both goals. Harry should have had at least two. We only really looked a team when bale came on and moved the ball around bettet, most of ours cant pass, can't shoot and have no first touch...don't move, won't move...we give the ball away from throw ins, free kucks, goal kicks... Fire shouldn't get pucked, he has had long enough, so fecked off

Doherty should be nowhere near this club. I'm not singling him out but he offers nothing or at best next to nothing.

Why Jose is continuing with Dier as his most trusted CB is a complete mystery to me. He is, nor was, nor ever will be a bona fide CB, so to continue with him in the role is managerial suicide. I'm beginning to wonder what Jose's playing at. Is he looking the sack?

Hojbjerg is overwhelmed because Ndombele either doesn't want to or doesn't know how to defend. Anybody pointing the finger at Hojbjerg, please cast your eyes towards Ndombele (the team's phantom defender).

Harry's a good lad but if he doesn't score he offers very little else. How many chances did he want today?

Lloris. He should be commanding the area in his box. Why was he flapping for the first goal & why is there never any interaction between him & Dier? Simply not good enough.

Lamela's a gutsy character but his time is well & truly up. He's simply not good enough so he needs replacing & he need replacing now.

In every other regard i think we have the makings of a great team if Jose is willing to revert to a more progressive style of football. It's becoming abundantly clear that a lot of these guys are either unwilling or unable to conform to their assigned defensive duties.

Doherty should be nowhere near this club. I'm not singling him out but he offers nothing or at best next to nothing.

Why Jose is continuing with Dier as his most trusted CB is a complete mystery to me. He is, nor was, nor ever will be a bona fide CB, so to continue with him in the role is managerial suicide. I'm beginning to wonder what Jose's playing at. Is he looking the sack?

Hojbjerg is overwhelmed because Ndombele either doesn't want to or doesn't know how to defend. Anybody pointing the finger at Hojbjerg, please cast your eyes towards Ndombele (the team's phantom defender).

Harry's a good lad but if he doesn't score he offers very little else. How many chances did he want today?

Lloris. He should be commanding the area in his box. Why was he flapping for the first goal & why is there never any interaction between him & Dier? Simply not good enough.

Lamela's a gutsy character but his time is well & truly up. He's simply not good enough so he needs replacing & he need replacing now.

In every other regard i think we have the makings of a great team if Jose is willing to revert to a more progressive style of football. It's becoming abundantly clear that a lot of these guys are either unwilling or unable to conform to their assigned defensive duties.

Talking of Ndombele, I'm not exactly sure how many times I saw Moura, Lamela, Son or Kane dropping in for Tanguy going forward. It's a big challenge right now in the setup. Compare that to 2017 when Dele and Eriksen grafted all day with Wanyama and Dembele. Before that the way VDV used to use his football brain and get back in there.

I felt sorry for Tanguy at the start of the game. Moura, Lamela, Son and Kane should feel thoroughly ashamed leaving their 2 centre mids so exposed.

Obviously, in the second half, Tanguy threw caution to the wind and had to get forward on Jose's orders. He still didn't the cover from the forwards he deserves. This is why we need intelligent players like Gio and Dele playing with him eventually.

Talking of Ndombele, I'm not exactly sure how many times I saw Moura, Lamela, Son or Kane dropping in for Tanguy going forward. It's a big challenge right now in the setup. Compare that to 2017 when Dele and Eriksen grafted all day with Wanyama and Dembele. Before that the way VDV used to use his football brain and get back in there.

I felt sorry for Tanguy at the start of the game. Moura, Lamela, Son and Kane should feel thoroughly ashamed leaving their 2 centre mids so exposed.

Obviously, in the second half, Tanguy threw caution to the wind and had to get forward on Jose's orders. He still didn't the cover from the forwards he deserves. This is why we need intelligent players like Gio and Dele playing with him eventually.

Ndombele does like to ping passes quite firmly direct to feet. Whoever he is interacting with needs good control and retention skills. Dele is not the best at this. Son not great either.

Can anybody, hand on heart, look at Jose's time here and say any of the players have improved or pushed on? Ignore some of the players who are entering their twilight years like Toby or Sissoko, they were never going to improve but could plateau if implemented correctly.

I will not accept any "they were all average players to begin with" arguments because if that is the case, we should never have sacked Poch considering how much we over-performed.

Ndombele does like to ping passes quite firmly direct to feet. Whoever he is interacting with needs good control and retention skills. Dele is not the best at this. Son not great either.

I loved it when Tanguy had a go at Son in the first half for not showing. I can only imagine what Tanguy could do with more intelligent players around him.

Dele is fine with these balls when he concentrates on just controlling it. It's when he's being too elaborate and trying to flick it at the same time is the problem.

IMO when all fit the team should be: Lloris, Tang, Rodon, Toby, Reggie, Ndim, Holj, Gio, Bale, Son, Kane...Sub: Hart, Dele, Sanchez,Davies, Vinny, Lamela, Doc

Dele of old would play...he needs to get there. Bale needs to be able to do 70mins min.

Dire...Davies...lucas...bergwyn..wjnks...sissoko.. Just not good enough, like some of the subs!

Problem is Jose wants runners that will, on paper track back....hence his love of berg & Lucas

In reality we are so thin on the ground of top 4 players, let alone a title winning team

Can anybody, hand on heart, look at Jose's time here and say any of the players have improved or pushed on? Ignore some of the players who are entering their twilight years like Toby or Sissoko, they were never going to improve but could plateau if implemented correctly.

I will not accept any "they were all average players to begin with" arguments because if that is the case, we should never have sacked Poch considering how much we over-performed.
Yes. Harry & Ndombele.

Yes. Harry & Ndombele.

I did think someone would say them, but have either of them actually improved? Harry has consistently scored for years and has always been a creative output but just hasn't needed to be so much of a supplier thanks to Eriksen and Dele.

Ndombele has definitely improved from last year but compared to how he was before he joined us I think we are just seeing him back at that level.

Everyone else has either plateaud or got worse. The same happened at Man Utd under Jose.

I did think someone would say them, but have either of them actually improved? Harry has consistently scored for years and has always been a creative output but just hasn't needed to be so much of a supplier thanks to Eriksen and Dele.

Ndombele has definitely improved from last year but compared to how he was before he joined us I think we are just seeing him back at that level.

Everyone else has either plateaud or got worse. The same happened at Man Utd under Jose.
Was speaking with a Portugese guy who freely admitted, "It's Jose... he only leaves scorched earth in his wake".

This team has been on a downhill slope....random climbs up that get our hopes up...but generally downhill trending...for a long time.

Jose wasn't the guy to fix this. Honestly I don't know who is. Is Rafa...maybe.

I would either go with Rafa, or a young energetic up and comer like Howe...

The main problem we have is...we are a team that wants to be in the conversation alongside the top clubs...yet we refuse to spend like they do. So whoever comes in...is kind of hamstrung to begin with....the expectations are to win things...so you have to get lucky and make damn good choices. Like betting on KWP and getting it right...is an example. We won't spend for top class talent...simple as that. We like sloppy seconds...and I like to refer to us as the MLS of the EPL....we always seem to be aiming for dudes that are past their prime...

Culture change is needed in this club...I am SO TIRED of having to punch above our weight to stay in the conversation. If that is who we want to be...we need to expect to be in the conversation because we are a major player...we are not...yet...hopefully.

Loss is totally on Jose, there's a pattern now, and he's in charge. His team is not prepared, and that's the primary job of the Had Coach. He's failed.

Did Eric Dier play today? Just wonderin.

Comin to a head real soon this one. Yay!

At the time of Mourinho's appointment this was a gamble by Levy to be applauded. Bringing in one of the biggest name managers in the world, to manage a squad recently in the CL final, with a lot of talented young players in the pipeline, and some of the best facilities in world football, seemed to be a gamble well worth taking, despite Mourinho's more recent record, Very few could ever have predicted how badly he would screw up, and how rapidly the Club would descend back to being best of the rest, at best, whilst also becoming the least attractive footballing side in the PL.
Unfortunately when the gamble fails, and it has failed, it is very expensive to put things to rights. I'm not expecting any transfer activity of note this summer, the money will be spent on getting rid of Mourinho and his mates. Unless Kane is sold, which is increasingly probable, in which case we should have some leeway.
Going out in search of another 'name' manager with a historic track record will simply be a case of not learning from our mistakes, hence I rule out the likes of Benitez, who cruised thru his Newcastle days always ready to blame the Chairman, which he'd have ample opportunity to do at Spurs.
Our best managerial appointment in decades has been Poch, a young high potential manager whose five year project brought more progress than fans could ever have expected.
If he keeps Fulham up, which looks increasingly possible, Scott Parker will become one of the most talked about and sought after managers in English football. Let's bring him in and team him up with Ledley, a young management team with Spurs in their blood, embarking on yet another 'project'. Patience will be needed but it could be an exciting ride.