Jose is an ex-Spurs manager! | Page 5 | Vital Football

Jose is an ex-Spurs manager!

I look forward to seeing how he lines us up for the game at the weekend. It will be a shock for the players especially as it’s been over 5 years since a change. I definitely was dubious at best about Mourinho but he is our manager now so we should back him and give him a fair chance. I think he will be wanting the fa cup and a crack at the champions league this season, raid for players before and after the euros and an exciting year next season.

Official website

We can now confirm the appointments of Joao Sacramento, Carlos Lalin, Nuno Santos, Ricardo Formosinho and Giovanni Cerra as part of new Head Coach Jose Mourinho’s coaching staff.

Joao joins as Assistant Head Coach from Ligue 1 side Lille, where he worked in a similar role and has also held the same position at Monaco. Nuno also joins from Lille as our new Goalkeeper Coach, having enjoyed a playing career in Portugal and Major League Soccer.

Carlos will take up the position of Fitness Coach, having previously worked with Jose at Chelsea, Manchester United and Real Madrid, while Ricardo and Giovanni will take up roles as Tactical Analyst and Technical Analyst respectively. Both have also worked under Jose in the past with Ricardo, a former manager of Santa Clara and Kuala Lumpar, having spent time at Old Trafford, while Giovanni worked as an analyst at both Chelsea and Manchester United.

I don't think any of these new names impact our player recruitment though. They are there to manage the squad on a daily basis and do tactical things like analysing our opposition. I know Cerra was the guy at Utd that was looking at the opposition players, the formation and tactics and how they do things like transitioning defence to attack. In other words......an iPad man !!!

Straight language, no riddles. Articulate and assured.

You have to remember that he can do as many takes as he wants. It's not a live interview or press conference scenario. It's an official comm.

Regardless, it didn't sound that scripted and seemed quite authentic.

I like the proprietary nature of his starting dialogue. Simple things like "my club" and "We know where we are and we know we don't belong there".

I hope he can keep the "we" dialogue going.

Now the dust has settled its the opposite of what the united callers have been saying all day.
It feels like a cloud has actually been lifted from the club.
They are bitter AF. They wanted a Fergie #2 and he couldn't deliver. For whatever reasons.
I am OK with all of this.

Good luck to Poch and his team. I hope he gets a nice bit of time off and the next job he wants.

You have to remember that he can do as many takes as he wants. It's not a live interview or press conference scenario. It's an official comm.

Regardless, it didn't sound that scripted and seemed quite authentic.

I think he has always been a straight talker.
He covered the areas that people are worried about:
1. Respect for the club
2. The facilities he has to work with
3. The youth policy
4. Where we are and where he thinks we could, and should be.

SSN are reporting that Luis Campos is coming in as DoF. Another one of the Lille setup.
He is close to Jose, he wasnt with him at Utd and knew what problems Jose was having. I have wanted a Dof for some time to cut out Levy's input into the football side. Poch was on his own against Levy and his sidekicks. I dont think these two will take any nonsense.