Jose Mourinho July Manager of The Month Vote Here | Vital Football

Jose Mourinho July Manager of The Month Vote Here

Pep and Hasenhuttl deserve it more based on record and without even bothering to watch... performances.

Good finish from Jose though but that Sheff match was diabolical.

Last 6 games 14 points from 18 Alli and Dier missing from a few and a lot of pressure not to lose. I would have to look at other clubs last 6 games to get a comparison to know if Jose deserves the award. But from memory, Leicester, Chavs, Arse , City , Wolves and Sheffield all had slip ups.

City got 15 points from their last 6 games so no Jose is not manager of the month unless you bring cost of the team into the equation. Man U also took 14 points the same as us but again at what cost to buy the points ?

If we were going on achievement earned and disregard cost of team you would possibly say Ole at United for getting them into the CL at the expense of Leicester who had been top 4 for most of the season. I'd point to the Bournemouth and Palace games as being massive slip ups for us but I guess they didn't impact as much because the Sheff Utd game ended up being our ultimate downfall, which wasnt this month.

All of the above had a fully fit , pre lockdown match fit squad . We had to start again with Harry , Moussa , Sonny , not having played at all for months, Alli injured ,Tanga injured , the whole squad in need of lifting after an awful pre lockdown series of games .
Jose gets my vote

Hate to say it but my choice has to be David Moyes. Level on points with Villa and Bournemouth after losing to Spurs at the end of June, twelve points in July to finish five clear. Probably won't be enough for the clowns who run West Ham not to sack him again, in the hope of finding a manager who befits their perceived 'big club' status.

As of Dec 2019 City had spent just over
1 billion on their squad, Utd 750 mil, us 450 mil.

But if we bring squad values into it, why not Hasenhüttl at Saints? Only 2pts less than Jose during the same period and a squad of considerably less value than us. Bringing how much a manager has spent into the mix makes it almost impossible to ever pick one of the big clubs' managers without dampening their success as a coach.

Personally I think player/manager of the month is pretty pointless trophy unless you have a real success to back it up. Manger/player of the season is far greater achievement.

But if we bring squad values into it, why not Hasenhüttl at Saints? Only 2pts less than Jose during the same period and a squad of considerably less value than us. Bringing how much a manager has spent into the mix makes it almost impossible to ever pick one of the big clubs' managers without dampening their success as a coach.

Personally I think player/manager of the month is pretty pointless trophy unless you have a real success to back it up. Manger/player of the season is far greater achievement.

The Saints have had their manager since Dec 2018. So he has had time to instill his methods on the team. Jose has barely had any quality time with his players for various reasons. I think managers probably treasure being awarded honours even on a monthly basis. Its recognition of good work. Obviously winning the season award is the pinnacle. Who knows....maybe next year ?

Click the link and scroll down. It tells you all the nominees records.

If you want pure points basis it's pep

If you want to look at achievement considering cost of squad it's Ralph. Unbeaten for the month and victory over City and a 3-1 win over sheff is more impressive than anything we did in July, not least coz the same Sheff battered us at the beginning.

The Saints have had their manager since Dec 2018. So he has had time to instill his methods on the team. Jose has barely had any quality time with his players for various reasons. I think managers probably treasure being awarded honours even on a monthly basis. Its recognition of good work. Obviously winning the season award is the pinnacle. Who knows....maybe next year ?

Wait... so now 'time spent with squad' is a consideration too? It really should just be judged on performance during the month without the need to consider value of squad or time spent with squad.

This is kind of proving my point in a weird way. Player/manager of the month is pretty pointless trophy unless you have a real success to back it up. Number of points earned or trophies won.

Wait... so now 'time spent with squad' is a consideration too? It really should just be judged on performance during the month without the need to consider value of squad or time spent with squad.

This is kind of proving my point in a weird way. Player/manager of the month is pretty pointless trophy unless you have a real success to back it up. Number of points earned or trophies won.

agree completely. It's arbitrary. Managers have won manager of the month and been sacked soon after a few times I think. It usually just goes to whoever had the best record numerically, or a manager whose team punched above their weight. Don't think Jose qualifies for either.