Jose is an ex-Spurs manager! | Page 76 | Vital Football

Jose is an ex-Spurs manager!

Will Harry stay now? Will interim manager pick Bale to start on Sunday?
Creates a real dilemma for Harry. I'm sure that his heart will say let's give it another go, whilst his head is telling him that time is running out for him to achieve anything.
I believe that he should stay at Spurs and become the PL's record goal scorer. Then he can finish his career saying that I'm the PL's all time record goalscorer, and I did it in a team that never won anything, that's how good I was.

Creates a real dilemma for Harry. I'm sure that his heart will say let's give it another go, whilst his head is telling him that time is running out for him to achieve anything.
I believe that he should stay at Spurs and become the PL's record goal scorer. Then he can finish his career saying that I'm the PL's all time record goalscorer, and I did it in a team that never won anything, that's how good I was.
And not forgetting holding the all time Spurs goal scoring record, by beating Jimmy, thus becoming the ultimate Spurs Legend, forever remembered.

All the teams he will want to play for are in the Super League. It doesn't affect Harry at all.

Surely Mason is a fill-in like Sherwood was. If we are looking for a permanent replacement, who is available that would be any good? And, why on earth would Brendan Rogers want to leave Leicester with CL football for us?

Ahhhhhhh..... Glad to not have to go on saying this was gonna happen. Such a relief.

He woulda got to coach The Cup had he not fuked it up on the weekend v Toffees. But he just cant get outta his own damn way. What a Dick.

Regardless, he knew he was not coming back, and has for awhile now. Glad DL dropped it on him, bit of his own med, serves him right.

Might not be the only shocking development in the cards....

:smoke:

Ahhhhhhh..... Glad to not have to go on saying this was gonna happen. Such a relief.

He woulda got to coach The Cup had he not fuked it up on the weekend v Toffees. But he just cant get outta his own damn way. What a Dick.

Regardless, he knew he was not coming back, and has for awhile now. Glad DL dropped it on him, bit of his own med, serves him right.

Might not be the only shocking development in the cards....

:smoke:

"Might not be the only shocking development in the cards.... "

Surely you're not suggesting Big Fat Sam is lined up after WBA get relegated?!
:fish:

What manager is going to want to catapult themselves into the middle of this ESL nonsense though?

Nonsense? Oh methinks it's anything BUT nonsense.

This is a power play of the highest order, and they literally hold all the cards.

They have designed an International version of an American sports league. Its how the NFL, NBS, MLB, MLS, are all run, the owners are the driving forces behind the league management entities. They set the rules, and the protocols, and there's no "independent" group telling them how to do their shit. If they want rule change, or a slasry cap, or whatever, they vote on them at the annual "Owner's Meetings" in the offseason. Removing the "independant" (and almost always super corrupt) entity from the equation simplifies the business aspect overall for the Clubs/Franchises..

Argue away on the merits of that setup, but it's the blueprint, and there's quite a history of $$$ success to look back at.

It'll certainly alter the idea & merits of the ECL tourney, but given the choice of watching Spurs play Zagreb or Juve, I'd prolly rather watch the Juve match TBH.

At the moment? It's so uncertain! Yes, you could end up managing in a so called Super League, but it's totally unknown if the PL are going to ban us.
I was going to say, for a lot of managers, the opportunity to manage Spurs is a chance in a lifetime, so they wouldn't turn it down even in the current circumstances. But on reflection that's not true. The opportunities come around quite frequently.

All the talk seems to be of Nagelsmann but the German papers have him clear favorite for the Bayern job. I can't see him choosing us over them, especially as he is from Bavaria.

I wouldn't mind Rafa Benitez, always thought he might fit us like a glove. His character reminds me a little of Martin Jol, press always liked him and easy to listen to.

At the moment? It's so uncertain! Yes, you could end up managing in a so called Super League, but it's totally unknown if the PL are going to ban us.

Really????

Why would the Prem suicide itself by banning all the teams that generate 95% of their revenue? FIFA is gonna ban all the players that we tune into their shitty WC for? I think no.

They're smarting because they realize these clubs have woken up to the cash cow they're been pissing away for years. The leagues should just talk a chill pill and STFU. They're suffering the epiphany that they actually aren't in charge.

In a couple years, we'll have our normal league play, there'll be a Euro competition like the currently CL/Europa/whatever setup for most world club teams. An then there'll be The Super League. And that will be the highest profile club trophy in the world.

No more shitty travel to far off dangerous places to play games that dont matter.

Regular, annual, top World Class competition to test your squad against.

Massive $$$$ revenues and profit sharing amongst the clubs that will exceed any total prize monies 7 gate receipts from the current Euro comps.

MASSIVE recuing advantage in the Transer mrkt being able to offer this prestigious tourney to prospects.

It's different, and unusual to some, and pissing off those that are set to lose a bundle of cash from it, but what are you losing? Traditional CL play?

Once all the bluff & bluster by those scared shitless of the power being exercised, I think it'll prolly be great!

Oh, and btw, these clubs, ARE for-profit businesses. Just sayin.

Wow. Im worn out following all of todays revelations!!
We will see if the players react in a positive way. If Dele and Bale are both fit I would expect to see them return to the starting line up this week. Cant see Mason just picking the same players as JM would have done.
I also would expect Harry to rock up to help Mason until the end of the season.
If the players really did down tools it is up to them to prove the are good enough to start.

Really????

Why would the Prem suicide itself by banning all the teams that generate 95% of their revenue? FIFA is gonna ban all the players that we tune into their shitty WC for? I think no.

They're smarting because they realize these clubs have woken up to the cash cow they're been pissing away for years. The leagues should just talk a chill pill and STFU. They're suffering the epiphany that they actually aren't in charge.

In a couple years, we'll have our normal league play, there'll be a Euro competition like the currently CL/Europa/whatever setup for most world club teams. An then there'll be The Super League. And that will be the highest profile club trophy in the world.

No more shitty travel to far off dangerous places to play games that dont matter.

Regular, annual, top World Class competition to test your squad against.

Massive $$$$ revenues and profit sharing amongst the clubs that will exceed any total prize monies 7 gate receipts from the current Euro comps.

MASSIVE recuing advantage in the Transer mrkt being able to offer this prestigious tourney to prospects.

It's different, and unusual to some, and pissing off those that are set to lose a bundle of cash from it, but what are you losing? Traditional CL play?

Once all the bluff & bluster by those scared shitless of the power being exercised, I think it'll prolly be great!

Oh, and btw, these clubs, ARE for-profit businesses. Just sayin.

I agree with all of this.

There was always going to be a Super League of some description at some point. I’m just delighted Spurs will be apart of it.

With the financial hit covid has brought, this could be the lifeline the club needs to remain at the top and continue to flourish.

I know the traditionalists are upset and their points are valid but everything changes eventually. Like it or not football is big business and club owners will always look more profit.

All the talk from the Premier League, UEFA, FIFA is just that, talk!!

The various leagues won’t upset their prize assets and players will always value clubs over country in the long run.

Everything will settle down as time passes and hey, we might just win the Super League before the Premier League.

Either way, I’ll always be Spurs.

COYS

PS. It’s also hard for me to be negative today as im buzzing that Jose has gone and we get our Spurs back!

Yeah... it was a great idea to sack the coach with less than a week to go before the Cup Final.

What now? Do we bring in an inerim or has Levy got somebody else lined up?

Yeah... it was a great idea to sack the coach with less than a week to go before the Cup Final.

What now? Do we bring in an inerim or has Levy got somebody else lined up?

Nail on head. However, if Jose won the cup.............

Also, Levy must have known that Jose wouldn't be joining the Super League so it would have been awkward for everyone.

On the Spurs website the notification starts with....
The club can announce.....
Like its some kind of achievement !!
Shouldn't it read something like...
The club has to sadly announce.
Or....it is with regret that the club announces.