Jose is an ex-Spurs manager! | Page 75 | Vital Football

Jose is an ex-Spurs manager!

Thank god. I knew he would mess us up but not quite as bad. I think it exactly the right time for change. Anyone can see we are in a bad state but there is still a chance of top 4 and winning a cup. The lift of a new manager could give us a boost we so badly need

It's a huge long shot, but obviously, your points may well be what the board is trying to make a last throw of the dice at achieving.

By the way, well done, you called it right from day 1.

I admit I thought his winning mentality would generate a great response from our squad as the latter time under Poch was sideways backward possession at all costs......I did not for a minute realise that he would tactically destroy our love of football and players along the way. I thought his tenure at Manure was a blip...shoes not fitting and all that. I admit I was wrong. He has introduced a stagnent pond mentality into the club. building on the poor latter year of Poch Apologies everyone:shake::sorry:

..... as I’ve often said.... Jose can rest on his laurels, do very little, get sacked and walk away with I big fat amount. DISGUSTING. I DIDNT WANT HIM IN THE FIRST PLACE BUT WAS TALKED AROUND BY ‘ VARIOUS PEOPLE ‘BECAUSE HE HAD A GOOD TRACK RECORD’. Grrrrrr. Glad that’s over. Now let’ s get in a real manager with little compensation if he fails to get us glory. Bye Jose, close the door after you.

To be honest I really can't understand Jose. He must have seen what his negative tactics were achieving, or not achieving. He would see history repeating itself. Was he so frigging arrogant that he wouldn't (or was it couldn't) see where this was going to lead. His words at the outset 'I have learnt from the past' were just empty words. It will be a brave or desperate chairman that considers him in the near future!

So was he sacked because of his performance or has he lashed out against this Super League decision and forced the sacking?

I feel like I've got whiplash today.
Pure guesswork on my part but maybe season ticket sales aren't going too well? If there's one thing chairmen do take notice of is attendances.

The club simply cannot afford financially to start the new season with empty seats (assuming we'll be allowed full capacity by then). So a new manager, new hope and a full take up of season ticket sales.

So what job in football management is as hard as the Spurs one?

You have all of the expectation of the other big clubs run by billionaires
You don't have the budget to compete at the very top
You have a cranky football chairman with no football DNA
You play in a league that has many sides that can compete at the top

Realistically, the Jose and Poch experiences have proven that it is a complete poison chalice role.

So what job in football management is as hard as the Spurs one?

You have all of the expectation of the other big clubs run by billionaires
You don't have the budget to compete at the very top
You have a cranky football chairman with no football DNA
You play in a league that has many sides that can compete at the top

Realistically, the Jose and Poch experiences have proven that it is a complete poison chalice role.
And yet there'll be no shortage of takers.

I think we have a great chairman who has quietly built up Spurs. We have a better squad than we have ever had. We have great training facilities, we have a fabulous stadium. We’re in good financial condition, especially considering the issues with COVID. Once more Levy has pulled the plug when a manger has failed. Jose is qualified enough to have got us winning more and getting us cups. He hasn’t done it. We’re out of Europe, FA cup and sitting down in the league. We lost a lot of matches that we should have won. Good choice of action, good timing. I hope we win the league cup, I hope we play our best on the weekend. Get us a good manger now and keep the best players. COME ON YOU SPURS.

I think we have a great chairman who has quietly built up Spurs. We have a better squad than we have ever had. We have great training facilities, we have a fabulous stadium. We’re in good financial condition, especially considering the issues with COVID. Once more Levy has pulled the plug when a manger has failed. Jose is qualified enough to have got us winning more and getting us cups. He hasn’t done it. We’re out of Europe, FA cup and sitting down in the league. We lost a lot of matches that we should have won. Good choice of action, good timing. I hope we win the league cup, I hope we play our best on the weekend. Get us a good manger now and keep the best players. COME ON YOU SPURS.

Levy is many things but he certainly isn't a great chairman.

Wins nothing, gets every manager appointment wrong in 20 years of trying, gets everything done with bank loans and pays himself a fortune.

Smart fecker but would sell his mum up the river to get richer.

I have to say, I felt it was sad that we lost a year or so in not getting better. No one knew how Jose was really going to do. He could have had a bad time at MU and couldn’t get around it but for me however a manager does, he gets a huge bonus is just all wrong. It’s like telling players “kick the other side to death , it’s ok you won’t even get a yellow card,”