Jorge Grant | Page 15 | Vital Football

Jorge Grant

The posh have lots of players who have failed at championship - very good at league 1 or 2 but not championship. They will struggle

Peterborough has no history to speak of as such at level 2, 3 spells over 5 seasons since they were elected to the FL from the Midland League in 1960, they won the 4th division with ease in their 1st season, and were eventually relegated back to the 4th division 67/68 having 19 points deducted for various financial irregularities. Some things never change in football. This was the same season Port Vale were kicked out of the FL for unauthorised payments to players, they were subsequently re-elected. Not sure what sort of punishment that was but the FL lacked testicular fortitude way back then, the lack of strong leadership is not new. Sorry went off on a tangent.

Peterborough has no history to speak of as such at level 2, 3 spells over 5 seasons since they were elected to the FL from the Midland League in 1960, they won the 4th division with ease in their 1st season, and were eventually relegated back to the 4th division 67/68 having 19 points deducted for various financial irregularities. Some things never change in football. This was the same season Port Vale were kicked out of the FL for unauthorised payments to players, they were subsequently re-elected. Not sure what sort of punishment that was but the FL lacked testicular fortitude way back then, the lack of strong leadership is not new. Sorry went off on a tangent.

Yeah, they're one of these Johnny come lately clubs like Oxford. Only slightly more history than any club that joined since 1970.
Where were they when we were ripping up Div 3 North?
This is not meant to be in olive.
Before any one says anything, Henry Ford was wrong.

Yeah, they're one of these Johnny come lately clubs like Oxford. Only slightly more history than any club that joined since 1970.

Well, they did beat us in the FA Cup when we were Div 2 and they were non league, but I'm guessing we played our reserves so we could concentrate on the league.

Well, they did beat us in the FA Cup when we were Div 2 and they were non league, but I'm guessing we played our reserves so we could concentrate on the league.

They did they beat us 5-4 in a replay after a 2-2 draw. Even back then we could not compete with Peterborough on wages we had a maximum wage to contend with they didn't in the ML. Didn't Andy Graver sign for Boston because they could offer him more when he left Stoke. Alf was also at Boston at the time.

Peterborough aren't dissimilar to Lincoln as a city, or in geography. And although their history in the football league is less than half of ours, they have still been a football league club for over 60 years. We have been a football league club for 4 years. And we play in a division below them. They finished above us by scoring more points over 46 games.

All praise Peterborough for finding a formula that allows them to survive and prosper.

Nevertheless, I still go to sleep at night hoping to wake in the morning to news of a sink hole that has swallowed up London Road with the whole squad and back-ground staff having been dragged under, sucking everything down until it is finally stopped by Barry Fry acting as a stopper to a vacuum of morality that he knows will ultimately suck him into hell if he ever admits that he is a bull-shitter.

Well Hereford got into the League on the back of 'that' game against Newcastle. We've lost a lot of FA cup games against non- league sides. The game is littered with examples. Doesn't count for much in the grand scheme of things.

Relegated in the 60's for paying Derek Dugan partly in brown envelopes .

Derek Dougan had been left London Road 3 seasons when they got the 19 point deduction.
That may be so , but they were relegated as a result of the Derek Dugan fiasco , and I assumed that the fine followed after investigation . I was living in close proximity to Posh at the time and worked with Posh supporters .