Jorge Grant | Page 6 | Vital Football

Jorge Grant

I think "damned with faint praise" is closer to the mark. ;)
To be honest, while I am not as damming as that post and I didn't say too much about it, he was not my Man of the season. McGrandles was and I was really impressed with Edun when he was moved forward into a more attacking area.

Thats not to say I didn't like Grant, just that that style of player lends itself to a slow recycling nature when you are one of the better sides and isn't great breaking down teams that sit and defend.

A midfield director rather than an attacking midfield dangerman. Grant's best games were when Bridcutt was injured and he played deeper IMO.

I think start of the season when no-one knew we would do so well, opposition attacked us and thus the director could spring the counter attacks from deeper positions. After we became a known entity and teams were more cautious that influence dried up a bit.

TBH I am not really that convinced with Bridcutt. Again I like the player and he does a lot of work but then so did everyone last season. I think we could do a lot worse than an Edun/McGrandles partnership and if Jones were to find his early season form then he would be knocking on the door too. Jones' form seemed to be influenced by the Bridcutt in/out situation too as well as Covid. He was pretty good until he went down with the bug and probably struggled to get back from it afterward.

I haven't looked back but I did vote most weeks on MOTM and, from memory, the first third of the games were almost entirely Grant/Montsma, middle third Grant occasionally and last third neither in any game. I think from the middle it was a mix of McGrandles/Edun/TJ and the last third McGrandles/TJ.

Last edited:
To be honest, while I am not as damming as that post and I didn't say too much about it, he was not my Man of the season. McGrandles was and I was really impressed with Edun when he was moved forward into a more attacking area.

Thats not to say I didn't like Grant, just that that style of player lends itself to a slow recycling nature when you are one of the better sides and isn't great breaking down teams that sit and defend.

A midfield director rather than an attacking midfield dangerman. Grant's best games were when Bridcutt was injured and he played deeper IMO.

I think start of the season when no-one knew we would do so well, opposition attacked us and thus the director could spring the counter attacks from deeper positions. After we became a known entity and teams were more cautious that influence dried up a bit.

TBH I am not really that convinced with Bridcutt. Again I like the player and he does a lot of work but then so did everyone last season. I think we could do a lot worse than an Edun/McGrandles partnership and if Jones were to find his early season form then he would be knocking on the door too. Jones' form seemed to be influenced by the Bridcutt in/out situation too as well as Covid. He was pretty good until he went down with the bug and probably struggled to get back from it afterward.

I haven't looked back but I did vote most weeks on MOTM and, from memory, the first third of the games were almost entirely Grant/Montsma, middle third Grant occasionally and last third neither in any game. I think from the middle it was a mix of McGrandles/Edun/TJ and the last third McGrandles/TJ.

I think I'm slightly more team Bridcutt than you but with all the will in the world he's not going going play 46 league games. Not even close.

Would throw Sanders in the mix to play a bit more too

One of the local papers in Stoke seems to have done a piece on Grant's likely departure. Perhaps their local reporters have been given the nod about Stoke City sniffing around??
It could of course just be a slow news day in the Potteries

It was a pretty general article on him attracting Championship interest, rather than specific to Stoke - very similar to Echo article, from memory

From my experience, by the way, the Sentinel (local rag) have never let facts get in the way of a good story

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/spo...ws/lincoln-stoke-transfer-jorge-grant-5564676

It was a pretty general article on him attracting Championship interest, rather than specific to Stoke - very similar to Echo article, from memory

From my experience, by the way, the Sentinel (local rag) have never let facts get in the way of a good story

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/spo...ws/lincoln-stoke-transfer-jorge-grant-5564676

Do Stoke play a bit more football on the deck than they used to? Thought they were still pretty direct even after going through a few managers. I don't think him playing in the middle for a team going a bit longer would be a very good fit

Yes saw that Stoke journo posting an article. Seemed a bit strange out of the blue, unless he knows something no one else does. Seems a bit of noise about QPR, and wishful thinking from Posh fans atm, but who knows?

The wankers down the a15 seem very confident don't they?
Been a while since freck and the like went there, all been traffic this way hasn’t it? Them selling to little Lincoln, *****

Do Stoke play a bit more football on the deck than they used to? Thought they were still pretty direct even after going through a few managers. I don't think him playing in the middle for a team going a bit longer would be a very good fit
I really don't know. They started playing that way under Hughes, but I haven't seen them since they went down into the Championship - not helped by covid, of course, so haven't seen any matches with their current manager

Peterborough it is then, think of me at work next week with nobhead Bayes winding me up constantly about how Lincoln are falling apart and pish are on the march!
Poor choice of club as I fully expect them to be in a relegation battle.

Peterborough it is then, think of me at work next week with nobhead Bayes winding me up constantly about how Lincoln are falling apart and pish are on the march!
Poor choice of club as I fully expect them to be in a relegation battle.
Has this been announced anywhere?