Jorge Grant | Vital Football

Jorge Grant

I know someone who's desperate for him and the rest of the better players to leave so he can gloat.
He's already been gloating around Lincoln fans at work and then wonders why others have no time for him.

Under contract, so 6 zeros before the decimal point is in order. No doubt a release clause in his new contract, but I think we are now too shrewd for it not to be a decent fee.
The lad will leave a sizeable hole though.

Unlike the Echo to announce something that isn’t happening. Big loss and quite the rebuild this summer, but I am sure the big 🍎 has it sorted.

lets hope the buy out fee is significant - if we get back the Grant that was best midfielder in the league next season it will be great. I just hope we dont get the one who cant take penalties.

I know someone who's desperate for him and the rest of the better players to leave so he can gloat.
He's already been gloating around Lincoln fans at work and then wonders why others have no time for him.
Someone should let him have one. He is in the ideal place for the necessary care!

As long as it's not a ridiculously low amount like McCombe , McAuley, etc good luck to him.
Let's hope some are incoming soon as never known a summer so quiet on the rumours front.

As long as it's not a ridiculously low amount like McCombe , McAuley, etc good luck to him.
Let's hope some are incoming soon as never known a summer so quiet on the rumours front.

wasnt McAuley out of contract? McCombe didnt actually cost us much from Scunthorpe. We could say look at all the money we got for Gavin Gordon!

As I put on the other thread, there’s not a lot we can do if the buy-out clause is reached by certain clubs. However I do think the days of us losing valuable assets for a tenner and half a curly-wurly are long behind us.

It would be a blow, but the recruitment of players and the work done behind the scenes is far and beyond what we were used to in the past. Whatever happens I imagine things will be in place to fill that gap with several players?

Someone should let him have one. He is in the ideal place for the necessary care!
Not worth losing your job, no wonder the porters celebrated when he left, he biggest problem is he'll have a go at folk but doesn't like it back.
Any one who does he goes to management claiming homophobic abuse, the same he did with the club. He was the one who courted the media with his echo work and didn't like it when people pulled his leg about it.
Then the Cowleys arrived and he really didn't like how the club changed, strange fella.

Well I opened this thread thinking the worst, that somebody was reporting he'd been signed by another club already...so this actually comes as something of a relief! Of course, I hope he stays and has another crack at promotion, though I wouldn't blame him if he did go up - for the right offer.

Not a concerning article in my eyes. Whilst just learning about the clause, it was signed back in January. I am sure he is one of many players who have a buyout clause, many of these clauses we won't be aware of.

I suggest this is less of a hint of his imminent future and more of filler content from the echo during the post season

Last edited:
It would be a big loss for us no doubt, but as long as the clause is a fair amount then so be it. The lincoln model is to be the stepping stone.

You would imagine the release fee would be in line with our valuation of him. The question would be, is that just a minimum release fee or the fee itself?

He would have been out of contract this Summer I think? On that basis my guess is that a Championship release clause won’t be close to valuation otherwise I doubt he would have signed the new contract. Just my hunch.

Problem always with these clauses is of course the player knows the minimum amount or more crucially, his agent does.
So you'll never get more than the minimum, unless two or more clubs have to outbid each other. That's probably our best hope as regards cash raised. And as soon as such a report gets into the media, you can be sure Grant will be on his way.

With all the loan players gone, and Harry, most of our good players will have left before we get underway again. Going to be a tough hard season ahead.