Jorge Grant in PFA League 2 team of the year | Vital Football

Jorge Grant in PFA League 2 team of the year

When was the last time we had anyone in the Championship team?

Camp & McKenna Billy MK I?

If Counteh do get promoted, I'd expect Grant to join them on a permanent basis.
OKD, I know it's a low league but assume he's up there because of his scoring ability even though reading about him he does sound like a lazy bugger. But goal scorers are an expensive bunch even in that league, care to explain your view please. Just for the benefit of a non viewer.

ORF - I cannot see Grant securing a place in our midfield now and that's before we make further additions under AK. I've watched him play this season (and when he played for us) and technically he is good, but lightweight and drifts out of games.... like Dowell, but he is not a patch on Dowell.

If they go up, Counteh will want to sign him permanently, if the money is right then I'd let him go - they also wanted to buy Yates in January.

Having a relationship with Counteh for the benefit of our youngsters is really valuable - more so if they get into L1.

Well done Grant. He's had a cracking season. No need to write him off yet. Hope the progress continues.

He has had a good season, not writing him off - but, he is 23 and I really do not see him breaking into the current Forest side, which I feel will be strengthened by AK.

He has had a good season, not writing him off - but, he is 23 and I really do not see him breaking into the current Forest side, which I feel will be strengthened by AK.

Thanks OKD, I didn't realize that he was 23, thought he was younger. By the sound of it he's better off where he is, agree with you that he wouldn't fit in with AK if I read him right.

I watched the Swansea v Notts FA Cup game to see if he is any good. Turned it off after Notts let in goal 3 (of 8). Not fair to judge him on one game, but he didn't do much in that. I suppose he has been like Dowell and lost form as the season has gone on. Has scored a few decent goals, but most of them seem to be short range tap ins.

I did hope Jorge was making progress this season but sadly I agree with OKD that League One is probably his level.

Bit of a shock to not see any of our strikers make the team

All I would expect from those bigots at the F.A.

Fawaz cares not one jot, and knew this was coming hence him directing his crack team of lawyers to sue the F.A. Its all hush hush but WILL come out over the coming months as will the redevelopment of the floating incinerator which will soon be moved from RADCLIFFE on TRENT to Wilford withe the training ground going in the opposite direction

All I would expect from those bigots at the F.A.

Fawaz cares not one jot, and knew this was coming hence him directing his crack team of lawyers to sue the F.A. Its all hush hush but WILL come out over the coming months as will the redevelopment of the floating incinerator which will soon be moved from RADCLIFFE on TRENT to Wilford withe the training ground going in the opposite direction

Don't the players themselves vote on who is included in the team?

By all accounts Jorge has had a cracking season, really pleased for the lad. He's at the age where he needed regular games.

It's always been obvious throughout his career at Forest that he has the natural talent to eventually succeed at this level (Championship) and higher, he just needs to continue to develop his game.

One thing people often don't seem to appreciate is how young players develop. They are all good at certain aspects of the game, the process is improving this aspect AND becoming a better rounded player by learning and adding other skills to their game. You almost always see a breakthrough period, followed by a period of (perceived by some) poorer form where they are trying to incorporate new skills to their existing game. We see this time and time again, and it's often marked by criticism which doesn't take this into account.

I know how Kevin Nolan works and I guarantee he's got Jorge working to round up his all round game. This will 100% be why the goals have dried up and he's not catching the eye as much - he's concentrating on improving the less glamouous parts of his game.

Depending on where we're going next season I don't think Jorge's time is necessarily at an end here, he’s already good enough to play for a mid table Championship team no problem whatsoever. His work ethic would appeal to how Karanka sets up his midfield too. I'd have him around the team next season, he'd make a decent option off the bench for when we need to open the game up.

Good luck to him, hope he continues to improve.

Last edited: