Jorge Grant & Adam Jackson Update | Page 5 | Vital Football

Jorge Grant & Adam Jackson Update

I also find this glamourisation and obsession with the Second World War a little bit...weird. I dunno, it's just not very tasteful and strangely seems to be perpetuated by the generation that didn't have any role in it.

are you describing a party hosted by members of the royal family?

Good lord.No they are not .Whatever attributes we require tomorrow evening have absolutely nothing in common with piloting a Heavy Bomber aircraft and dropping tonnes of bombs onto a target some where over Europe over 70 years ago now do they?
Nobody will be trying to kill any of our lads tomorrow night either. Especially as Joey is no longer with Fleetwood. It might also irk the referee into giving a yellow card at the second attempt.
I get where the analogy comes from. But, I agree, to compare the challenge of coping with a football injury "crisis" and trying to prevent a madman over-running Europe is a stretch, and pretty disrespectful to many brave souls that never made it home. Albeit, no doubt disrespect wasn't intended by anyone.

Anyway, I'm sure we'll cope. If not, it's certainly not the end of the world.

Nobody will be trying to kill any of our lads tomorrow night either. Especially as Joey is no longer with Fleetwood. It might also irk the referee into giving a yellow card at the second attempt.
I get where the analogy comes from. But, I agree, to compare the challenge of coping with a football injury "crisis" and trying to prevent a madman over-running Europe is a stretch, and pretty disrespectful to many brave souls that never made it home. Albeit, no doubt disrespect wasn't intended by anyone.

Anyway, I'm sure we'll cope. If not, it's certainly not the end of the world.
Too right. Mind you we had already over run most of the world when that madman had a similar idea! I hope we can cope .The players are capable

Would much prefer to see Edun in left midfield, with bramall or roughan behind him.

Feels like no coincidence that all of our more senior players are now injured.

Even though we have not got many to pick from I still think there might be one or two surprises in team selection tonight. Not necessarily in who is selected but what position they play in.
Hopefully this is were Map shows us how good a manager he is. I have total faith in him but don't envy his job tonight.

Would much prefer to see Edun in left midfield, with bramall or roughan behind him.
Me too, I have a feeling MA will play Edun in front of the CBs though. That worries me slightly, He has a lot of the qualities needed but his passing would need to be a lot more careful than it usually is. I would prefer McGrandles there.

Me too, I have a feeling MA will play Edun in front of the CBs though. That worries me slightly, He has a lot of the qualities needed but his passing would need to be a lot more careful than it usually is. I would prefer McGrandles there.

McGrandles arguably our best player since his return from injury so I’d be loathed to move him. It’s going to be interesting to see what he does.

In the longer term, I think Tayo could be a very good DM, he has all the qualities. His passing can be superb but his occasional stray one can be a problem.

In the longer term, I think Tayo could be a very good DM, he has all the qualities. His passing can be superb but his occasional stray one can be a problem.

He does, his all-action game would suit, but haven't we brought in Sanders for that very role?

He does, his all-action game would suit, but haven't we brought in Sanders for that very role?
As far as I understand it, yes, and it would have been good to see him tonight. MA said in the presser that he had a slight hamstring issue & they were protecting him a bit - unless he’s playing mind-games (but so far MA hasn’t done that).

This is the sort of scenario that a player like Archibald should be looking at and saying 'this is my big chance to impress... should I be given the opportunity'. If he doesn't now he never will, but is he actually fit enough to be given that big chance?

Beginning to think we should try Tayo as holding midfielder. He does have all the attributes and we can still keep Conor further up the pitch to infllct damage on the Fleetwood back line. The only problem is who do we play at left back. Cohen has not been up to speed and Sean has not played a first team game for months. One of many conundrums for the big Apple to ponder.

It's a tough one. Edun made a huge difference after coming on at lb last Tuesday as we need good passers as full back. Also with TJ likely coming in to cb and Poole not playing many games with the team do you really want to add another uncertainty to your back 4!?

It's a tough one. Edun made a huge difference after coming on at lb last Tuesday as we need good passers as full back. Also with TJ likely coming in to cb and Poole not playing many games with the team do you really want to add another uncertainty to your back 4!?
No! Enough forced changes already!

Could possibly swap Poole and Eyoma over and put in Sanders for Jones. Either way that's still a pretty strong 11. Obviously not many attacking options on the bench but I would still back that team to beat Fleetwood.
Isnt Sanders injured ?