Jordan Thompson | Vital Football

Jordan Thompson

SaskPool

Vital Football Legend
Northern Ireland international Jordan Thompson has put pen-to-paper on a two-year deal at Blackpool, with the option of a further year.
The midfielder, 21, has spent the last three years in Scotland with Rangers, having initially been on the books of Manchester United.
While at Rangers he made three appearances for the first-team and spent time out on loan with the likes of Airdrieonians and Raith Rovers.
Thompson ended last season on loan at Livingston and helped the side achieve play-off promotion back to The SPL.
Having represented his country at various youth levels, he recently went on to receive his first senior international caps against Panama and Costa Rica.
Manager Gary Bowyer said:
“We’re really pleased to bring Jordan to the club. He’s a player with great technical ability and loads of potential, so we’re looking forward to working with him. His appearances for Northern Ireland only highlight the quality he has.”
Jordan Thompson added:
“I’m delighted. I’ve obviously been up in Scotland for a few years and I’ve had a lot of experience, being out on loan a few times and learning a lot at Rangers. I want to be playing games week in, week out and hopefully that’s what I can do here, as well as get a few more international call-ups. I can’t wait to get started.”
The deal remains subject to international clearance being received.

Reading around it seems like he really shone at Livingston at the end of the season, some were suprised he didn't get a new deal at 'Gers.

Think we just need to accept this is where we shop nowadays, trust in Bowyer - he's served us well so far.

Must have something as Northern Ireland are no mugs anyome.
The fact he has just got in to the international scene makes you initially wonder why Rangers are letting hom go.
Then you think under finincial fair play Gerrard will be clearing the decks for a more experienced squad

Today's Ggggeeeerrrzzzeeeeetttttttee

Blackpool manager Gary Bowyer spoke of his delight at the club’s capture of Jordan Thompson, a midfielder he believes has “loads of potential”.
Thompson becomes Blackpool's fourth signing of the week The Northern Ireland international put pen to paper on a two-year deal with the Seasiders yesterday, with the option of a further year. The 21-year-old arrives at Bloomfield Road after being released by Scottish giants Rangers at the end of last season.
“We’re really pleased to bring Jordan to the club,” Bowyer said. “He’s a player with great technical ability and loads of potential, so we’re looking forward to working with him. “His appearances for Northern Ireland only highlight the quality he has.”
Thompson hails from Belfast and has spent the last three years with Glasgow club Rangers, having initially been on Manchester United’s books. While at Ibrox he made three appearances for the first-team and had loan spells with Airdrieonians and Raith Rovers. Thompson ended last season on loan at Livingston, making 15 appearances and helping the club achieve promotion back to the SPL via the play-offs. Having represented his country at various youth levels, Thompson won his first senior caps for Northern Ireland with substitute appearances against Panama and Costa Rica last month.
Thompson said: “I’ve been up in Scotland for a few years and I’ve had a lot of experience, being out on loan a few times and learning a lot at Rangers. “I want to be playing games week in, week out and hopefully that’s what I can do here, as well as get a few more international call-ups. I can’t wait to get started and I’m delighted to make the move.” Thompson becomes Blackpool’s sixth summer signing and their fourth acquisition in three days, though the deal is dependent on international clearance being granted.

The whole intake so far sound like gambles. The only thing they have going for them is that they will all be cheap. Is there going to be no regime change after all? I keep saying OO is in the seat and is comforatble

The whole intake so far sound like gambles. The only thing they have going for them is that they will all be cheap. Is there going to be no regime change after all? I keep saying OO is in the seat and is comforatble

Gers fans not happy with his release